🚢 SYMPHONY LIVE -12/16-12/24 🚢 She’s sort of like a song. 🚢

h20skibum

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We actually came close to all of our scheduled time estimates, except the last one.  Someone got distracted by an outlet mall, so we spent an hour wandering around it.  It wasn’t too busy, but it did have things that a few people like.  

Christmas tree and a lighthouse. 

IMG_9590.thumb.jpeg.de4a3736203efeeb40c1f1583e9010d9.jpeg

Was the lighthouse open?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Same itinerary I did on Odyssey last February. I really liked it.

I would have preferred CocoCay instead of Labadee. But then, we will be going to CocoCay on Allure in January. 

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Was the lighthouse open?

No it was not.  I think it may just be decorative.  They were building a splash pad at the base of it. 

24 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Today is……

IMG_9593.thumb.jpeg.3a927fed84659bdd25408f6963d0b883.jpeg

and shouldn’t they edit their graphic so it reads “1 day to go” instead of “1 days to go”?

That's not the only issue. I don't know if you've noticed but according to this page the cruise only goes to Curacao... no other ports.

On the app the symbol beside Aruba and Labadee are the symbol for sea days so I guess there's some interference there. I'm assuming we will make it to both of those ports nevertheless. 😂

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I would have preferred CocoCay instead of Labadee. But then, we will be going to CocoCay on Allure in January. 

No it was not.  I think it may just be decorative.  They were building a splash pad at the base of it. 

This February Odyssey is doing the itinerary with Coco Cay in place of Labadee. This will be my first visit there except for an Allure middle of the night visit during the restart when we stopped to do a crew exchange on the way to Nassau. I'm excited to explore the island.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

On the app the symbol beside Aruba and Labadee are the symbol for sea days so I guess there's some interference there. I'm assuming we will make it to both of those ports nevertheless. 😂

Those are not the only inconsistencies that Royal has.  Maybe I will rant about a few later. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This February Odyssey is doing the itinerary with Coco Cay in place of Labadee. This will be my first visit there except for an Allure middle of the night visit during the restart when we stopped to do a crew exchange on the way to Nassau. I'm excited to explore the island.

I really like Odyssey, but we were spoiled sailing at less than half capacity at the restart.  I think I am more excited about sailing Sun in January 2025.  It looks to be similar in size to Odyssey, and I hope to do a comparison. 

• Like 1

Now, for something that inquiring minds want to know.   Every time we drive I-95 in South Georgia, we see feral pigs grazing along the interstate.  At times, we have counted over 100, but yesterday I only saw 3.   Maybe that was because I was driving, and mainly keeping my eyes on the road.  

Just as I asked Susan if she had spotted any, and she said no, there was one standing there. 

Now, in Pennsylvania, if we see a deer anywhere near the road, you slow down or stop and hope they don’t run in to you.  

Do these pigs ever run on to the highway and become someone’s bacon?  I sure would hate to go to the insurance company and explain about hitting a pig. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I really like Odyssey, but we were spoiled sailing at less than half capacity at the restart.  I think I am more excited about sailing Sun in January 2025.  It looks to be similar in size to Odyssey, and I hope to do a comparison. 

I was on Allure at 50% during the restart. What a great experience that was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

That's not the only issue. I don't know if you've noticed but according to this page the cruise only goes to Curacao... no other ports.

I noticed that also... 

• Like 2

What a frightening morning!   Daryl wanted to drive the first leg today. 

IMG_2539.thumb.jpeg.aeb73d3595384bc385325dc37f883a0b.jpeg

He drives like a maniac.  I guess he wanted to meet someone special. 

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.a1dcdddf17e67e4a5267e8112b453099.jpeg

He got us there 10 minutes ahead of schedule, even though we had stop and go traffic around Jacksonville. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

I can't remember...was this your first Buc-ee's experience?  It's amazing how accurate that timeline really is.

Last year’s trip was the first experience at one.  I see there are plans to build car wash bays at Buc-ee’s Daytona. They will probably have a gazillion. 

• Like 1

Now back to some cruise talk.  Since we have our “free” cruise, why not try for a Royal up to a GS.  When I put in my bid, there were still 6 available at double what the normal price should be. I thought, Heck, nobody is fool enough to pay double for one of those cabins, so I should have a good chance.  

Haha, evidently there were six fools out there, because they showed sold out before long.  Chances are I will not get the upgrade, unless the storms keep someone from getting there. 

I will be perfectly content with my 2D Ocean View Balcony on deck 6. When I checked cabins earlier this week, there were only two available. 

A little pricy for a boardwalk balcony

IMG_9533.thumb.jpeg.3be96188bd3148615b46aa3ba1e43a7b.jpeg

Plus they had an aqua theatre suite

IMG_9532.thumb.jpeg.cb945162f62a001dbee12a5505d660d1.jpeg

I wouldn’t be surprised if Royal found two more fools. It is the Season of giving.  Isn’t Royal’s motto “Give us more of your money”?

• Haha 4

Good Luck Mark....you do have till tomorrow to be the notified lucky winner!

However, last January, a friend who had bid from OV to balcony (Anthem, they bid $150 for 2) got notified on the first sea day by GS that the balcony category they had bid on is available for them for $300. She said that she was only willing to pay what she had initially bid ($150 for 2 people). GS refused, she said OK don't want it, since she was already unpacked and settled in. After a bit GS called their cabin and said it was complimentary and they were sending someone to help them move. Sooooooo, could happen.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I think I forgot to factor in aimless wandering in my schedule. 

IMG_6470.thumb.jpeg.0752fb9bfccd2a10f6ab8bf23feff759.jpeg

and, so we did wander. 

IMG_9601.thumb.jpeg.e5bdc3dbf6847c08903ba4f1610d3888.jpeg

a somewhat, regular tree

IMG_9602.thumb.jpeg.b37b8fc4b7de8efac76510f552945750.jpeg

and a Buc-ee’s tree

IMG_9603.thumb.jpeg.f4b36333cb9e48381613624d70cded45.jpeg

These were from our stop at Daytona Beach. 

We have 3 Buc'ees on the way down to Galveston.  How lucky we are!

• Like 5

Due to Daryl’s maniac driving, we arrived in Ft. Lauderdale ahead of schedule.  Since it is Friday, we had to stop at our favorite place for their lunch special. 

IMG_9614.thumb.jpeg.67102e659416dd92b8ce572d36a7d64a.jpeg

I was surprised to see they are open Christmas Day, so we may be there again for dinner. 

We had the shrimp, shrimp, and more shrimp special.  Forty two shrimp between the two of us, so we had some to take to the hotel for later. 

IMG_9615.thumb.jpeg.52e6a0aa7688b907232f941294b92755.jpeg

I found out that Daryl can’t pass up these things. 

IMG_9612.thumb.jpeg.be15f0236ed5d7638d8e5caaf3544067.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

I hope that I read correctly, that ezpass is accepted in the sun pass lanes down here now.  We ended up in them to bypass about twelve miles of bumper to bumper traffic.  I will have to log in to my account to check it, but it usually takes a while for things to show up.  

• Like 1

For something else, cruise related, we did the health check on the app.  For those who don’t know, these are done after noon on the day before you sail.  They have really reduced the number of questions. 

after clicking the check in button, choose health status

IMG_9618.thumb.jpeg.3a2ba9a66889699b8cff1337428af48f.jpeg

answer two questions, that I am sure does not apply to me. 

IMG_9620.thumb.jpeg.db5dc683bead178a5b8c0ac14e3e7854.jpeg

submit, and you are done. 

IMG_9621.thumb.jpeg.f301744eec04cc114c4ee5e336eb3490.jpeg

• Like 1