Silhouette entertainment/refurbishment

Carol28

Just left her in Nov.  Same LIFE show but updated choreography/costumes.  No other production number in 10 days.  Now that there are shorter 3/4/5 day cruises, I imagine they still will only have 1 production plus other acts.  We had a comedian, magician, trio singers, solo singers.  All good.  As for refurbishment...updated info on X site under Ships/Silhouette.

24 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Staterooms are still the same as you remember.  

Yes...can't remove/replace the blonde desk, overhead cabinets, etc, but carpet, drapes, bedclothes all replaced.  Bathroom the same.  Still have the lounge chairs and footstools on the balcony not the idiotic little muffin chairs and tables on the E class.  FYI...chairs, carpets replaced in dining and all other public areas SEEM to be replaced (didn't visit all areas on the ship).

From what the CD told us, the shows are not changing for some time.  Very expensive to put on.  We've been seeing the same ones for about 10 years.    Some posters have said the E class has updated shows so perhaps they'll move some over to S class.

57 minutes ago, seasoon said:

the E class has updated shows

I'm not sure of the names of the classes of Celebrity ships. Is the E class the Edge, Beyond, Apex, and Ascent?  If so, we saw the production shows on the last three. The Beyond's shows were the best! We will be on the Edge in 2025. I'm assuming the S class is the Silhouette, but I'll look up the others.  The E class shows are extremely expensive, I know. But, it seems to me it would be worth it to Celebrity to change the S class shows after 5 years. But, that's just me.  We often cruise to be at a resort on board and to be entertained.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carol28 said:

I'm not sure of the names of the classes of Celebrity ships. Is the E class the Edge, Beyond, Apex, and Ascent?  If so, we saw the production shows on the last three. The Beyond's shows were the best! We will be on the Edge in 2025. I'm assuming the S class is the Silhouette, but I'll look up the others.  The E class shows are extremely expensive, I know. But, it seems to me it would be worth it to Celebrity to change the S class shows after 5 years. But, that's just me.  We often cruise to be at a resort on board and to be entertained.

Any recollection of the names of the shows?  That would give me a comparison to the S class (yes, Silhouette, Equinox, etc;  E class - Edge, Beyond, Apex etc).  You'd think they'd update but maybe their thinking is more younger cruisers are now onboard and not up on the 'vintage' of these shows and they're new to them.    So the Apex and Beyond have different production shows?  Looking forward to something different on my next X cruise.

39 minutes ago, seasoon said:

Any recollection of the names of the shows? 

The shows on the Silhouette were Constellation, Tenors of Rock (which was fabulous), Life and Pearl.   (We just looked at the pictures from our 2015 cruise.)  Yes, the E ships all have different shows.  And, on the Ascent, the shows were for a very much younger audience.  We did not recognize most of the songs. And they were loud!  

Got off of Silly after the this years TA.  This was our third consecutive cruise on her.  Yes, the shows were the same as many of the past sailings, including some of the solo acts.  However, the singers and dancers often are different, which changes the quality of the shows.  The group on the TA were the best we’ve seen and heard in many, many years.  DH even said the singers were fabulous which is really something for him.

• Like 2