Don't let this happen to you

LooseMoose

16 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Recently, when trying to get a price-drop after just booking a cruise onboard, I was told that my TA was the only one I could talk with, even though I had just booked the cruise and it was within 24 hours.

I had this issue within the last year since their promos may change 2-3 times over the course of your sailing.   Now I have them keep the booking with Celebrity and then have my TA transfer it when I get home.

Also any time I see a better deal and can't immediately get hold of of someone to make the adjustment I place a comparable room on hold.  Then when I get hold of my TA tell him to deal with it.

58 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I had this issue within the last year since their promos may change 2-3 times over the course of your sailing.   Now I have them keep the booking with Celebrity and then have my TA transfer it when I get home.

Also any time I see a better deal and can't immediately get hold of of someone to make the adjustment I place a comparable room on hold.  Then when I get hold of my TA tell him to deal with it.

Thanks!  I have done those things too.  Celebrity did, in a backhanded sort of way acknowledge that I should have at least been accommodated with a quick check of prices, as ai was originally told.  However, since the person I booked with was not there, I was treated with very little respect.  To him, it was all about his profit and a price-drop was not benefiting him, so no more discourse, period.  I only wish that I had gotten his name; as I had the power of that to put on my survey.  

I leave the reservation with X until after I am home and then transfer it to a TA.  On our last cruise we booked a cruise and there were 2 prices drops before we left the ship.  The future cruise manager repriced the booking with no hesitation.

On 12/15/2023 at 1:34 AM, LooseMoose said:

With many years of experience with Celebrity and Flight's by Celebrity, I've had a very distressing event happen today.

Firstly,  I booked several months ago a stateroom , which was in a dream location, next I booked airfare through FBC. The cabin and port fees were paid in full, the airfare was No Risk. I admit that with this time of year certain things get forgotten, like final payment for airfare. Well, I contacted Celebrity to complete the payment only to be informed that the entire booking had been cancelled. Again I admit that I missed the deadline for the airfare, but everything on the booking was erased, which included the cruise itself . With Zero notification. 

The reason given was, I had added airfare to the booking and that constitutes a full cancellation if Final Payment date is missed, just not the airfare. 

Of course, they stated I could rebook at today's prices both the cabin and airfare, which as you can guess are both astronomical. Lastly, I was informed in a cheery voice that my payment for the cruise will be returned to my method of payment.

So take my experience as a caution.

Any excuse works for X.  One more reason not to buy airfare from X.  So sorry this happened to you but I think we may see more of this corporate behavior.

On 12/15/2023 at 8:21 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I hope you phone back to take with a supervisor 

Yes, I have done the "call the supervisor" and then calledthat supervisor's supervisor.  It's not as easy as some folks think.  I spent 8 (yes eight!) hours on my birthday 2 years ago straightening out a Celebrity mess with our cruise!  No TA would have been able to resolved this. I even faxed a spread sheet to the supervisor's supervisor to fix the issue.  Not a birthday I will forget any time soon! 😂

On 12/15/2023 at 8:21 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I hope you phone back to take with a supervisor 

• Like 1

I was going to start a thread to ask if it was normal to not get a single email reminder about final payment. First-time Celebrity cruiser with sail date of Feb. 29. Final payment due today. Not a peep from Celebrity except attempts to sell me another cruise!! 
Yes, I checked my spam folder. 
Fortunately, the date was cemented in my head so the final was made yesterday. But really, really surprising not to get reminders. 

My condolences go out to the OP for their troubles. 

8 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

Yes, I have done the "call the supervisor" and then calledthat supervisor's supervisor.  It's not as easy as some folks think.  I spent 8 (yes eight!) hours on my birthday 2 years ago straightening out a Celebrity mess with our cruise!  No TA would have been able to resolved this. I even faxed a spread sheet to the supervisor's supervisor to fix the issue.  Not a birthday I will forget any time soon! 😂

Depends on your TA connection 

our TA during Covid was able to move her group from Reflection to Apex during Covid lockdown, other friends with other agencies could not move 

She  does seminars for Celebrity on cruises , so she knows a lot of people 

Hope OP gets a prompt refund from X and moves on to another plan ... not much more can  be done to salvage this huge disappointment..Robots Rule!

We never use cruise line air..just one more thing that can go wrong or trip you up .

Tried it years ago,  and the route they gave us was ridiculous..plus worst seats in back of the plane.

We know the program has changed but we just would  avoid it!  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LandLockedInAZ2 said:

I was going to start a thread to ask if it was normal to not get a single email reminder about final payment. First-time Celebrity cruiser with sail date of Feb. 29. Final payment due today. Not a peep from Celebrity except attempts to sell me another cruise!! 
Yes, I checked my spam folder. 
Fortunately, the date was cemented in my head so the final was made yesterday. But really, really surprising not to get reminders. 

My condolences go out to the OP for their troubles. 

I can't recall ever getting a reminder e-mail about final payment from any cruise line we have sailed including Celebrity.  We create our own reminders and pay a week or two early so we can make sure it goes through.  Maybe that's why we haven't ever gotten reminders?

• Like 4

Getting a reminder from the cruise line may be nice but should not be relied upon. It's ultimately up to the customer (and/or their TA) to remember to make a payment on time, using whatever method works best for them. My husband and I use a Google calendar to keep track of activities,  appointments, vacations,  birthdays,  etc. and whenever we book a cruise we put the payment deadlines and the $ amount on the calendar and set an email notification and pop-up notifications that alert us prior to the deadline.  

1 hour ago, Vagabond Knight said:

Getting a reminder from the cruise line may be nice but should not be relied upon. It's ultimately up to the customer (and/or their TA) to remember to make a payment on time, using whatever method works best for them. My husband and I use a Google calendar to keep track of activities,  appointments, vacations,  birthdays,  etc. and whenever we book a cruise we put the payment deadlines and the $ amount on the calendar and set an email notification and pop-up notifications that alert us prior to the deadline.  

I don't disagree with you, yet it does make me wonder about their motives for not setting up what seems like a very easy and common nudge.