How Do Guests Feel About Thongs?

NJCoupleForFun

My fiance and I will be cruising on Holland America Eurodam over the holidays. She really likes to wear thong bikinis and especially one piece thong bathing suits. She looks good in them, and I love seeing her. She's in good shape, but not skinny either, average with a little extra. 😀   Good curves. I'm not wondering if it's ok or not for her to wear thongs on HAL. I'm more wondering:

How common is it on HAL?

How do all of you other HAL guests honestly feel about it?

Do people hate it? Love it? 

I can’t recall ever seeing such a suit on a HAL ship. I have worn a thong suit in my younger years but would not now, even though I weigh the same! I also now would not prefer to see that much of a woman’s backside. The guys would probably love it, but would get plenty of stink-eye looks from their wives. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Cannot say I have seen a thong on HAL, but full disclosure, I do not spend large blocks of time at the pool or hot tub (just pass through, although frequently); my pool time is in the thermalpool.

DH puts in a lot of poolside time (all at the deck 9 Seaview Pool as he's a smoker); reports he has not ever seen a thong.

I say, do what makes you happy - it's your cruise.🧜‍♀️

Ok to wear a thong? Fine by me. Common? Some not a lot. Remember it's an older demographic. 

Other guests feel about it? Don't know but there always is someone. 

With an older crowd there is a lot you shouldn't see.

• Haha 1

Unlike the others, I have seen thongs on HAL.  I saw a few on the Koningsdam and I’ve seen the odd one on other ships.  

You won’t see a lot of people wearing them but that’s no big deal.  I see no issue if someone wants to wear one.  It’s up to each person to wear what they want by the pool.  No one has the right to tell them what they can or cannot wear. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If there isn’t a dress code, such as no shorts to dinner, then it is no one else’s business what any person decides to wear. Full stop. You are free to not like seeing it, and you are free to look away. You are not free to tell that person that you don’t think their outfit is okay. Tell your fiancé to rock it! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mosaic said:

Hey, as a male, "wear" does that leave me!???

Get one and wear it! Some years back, there was a guy who ran Spartan Races in a thong. If he can do that, you can surely wear one on a cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laminator said:

I was on the Rotterdam from Nov 3rd to Nov 12th and there had ti be at least a half dozen women wearing thongs at the Seaview Pool. 

Where were you sailing?  I assume it makes a difference.  Out off Miami will have not thongs than out of Baltimore probably.