Unlimited Specialty Dining Questions

Hawkstar33

Hoping to hear from some of you that may have done this.  I'm looking to book the Unlimited on Beyond.  Flash sale showing 30% off.  Does this include all of the Specialty restaurants, or are you limited to which ones you can go to, or how many times you can go to each one?  I ask this because they vary a bit in price.  Ty in advance...

So seeing no responses, I called up Captains Club, and got some answers.  All the Specialty restaurants onboard, are included in the Unlimited.  Regardless of the difference in prices between them.  If you enjoy one in particular, and want to do the same one over and over, you can. You must book once onboard, and may choose whichever day and time you want, as long as it's available.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

So seeing no responses, I called up Captains Club, and got some answers.  All the Specialty restaurants onboard, are included in the Unlimited.  Regardless of the difference in prices between them.  If you enjoy one in particular, and want to do the same one over and over, you can. You must book once onboard, and may choose whichever day and time you want, as long as it's available.   

That is not completely correct.  Here is what it shows if you click on the package and look at the details.  There are upcharges.  image.png.97c1c99aa9c1c4c7ad6b71b0278a5c04.png

I am so torn on this.  I have a decent amount of specialty dinning booked at good times for me and all purchased during "flash sales"  My issue is scrambling on embarkation to book 10 nights of dinning at decent times.  Basically I'd get 3 more nights and 4 sea day lunches for about $200 more than I already paid. 

2 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

That is not completely correct.  Here is what it shows if you click on the package and look at the details.  There are upcharges.  image.png.97c1c99aa9c1c4c7ad6b71b0278a5c04.png

Yes true what it says, but those uncharges are for the special tasting menus within that restaurant.  Not for ordering from the regular menu.  Additional on top of additional.  Chefs table and Dinner on Edge are not the same as the others.  A different experience, at an extra additional cost.  Le Voyage, Eden, Steakhouse, La Petite, Le Grand Bistro, Raw on 5, Rooftop, are all included.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Yes true what it says, but those uncharges are for the special tasting menus within that restaurant.  Not for ordering from the regular menu.  Additional on top of additional.  Chefs table and Dinner on Edge are not the same as the others.  A different experience, at an extra additional cost.  Le Voyage, Eden, Steakhouse, La Petite, Le Grand Bistro, Raw on 5, Rooftop, are all included.  

Not the La Voyage, that is not a special menu it is for the basic menu.

1 hour ago, Tyler414 said:

I am so torn on this.  I have a decent amount of specialty dinning booked at good times for me and all purchased during "flash sales"  My issue is scrambling on embarkation to book 10 nights of dinning at decent times.  Basically I'd get 3 more nights and 4 sea day lunches for about $200 more than I already paid. 

It's a good deal....We usually do a 4-5 nt anyway.  Good savings now.  Will try the same routine.  As soon as we get onboard, we will be trying to book, before the early dining hrs book up.  Will try each one, and kinda have an idea where we want to go, and what time.  Doesn't always work out totally the way we ask, but they try to help you. In any event I'm likely to go for it, being this trip may be our only BTB on an edge class trip for awhile, till prices calm down, if ever.  We originally were booked on Reflection.  We were notified of a redeployment, with itinerary change, and were given Beyond instead.  Price much higher to go on Beyond, but we got same perks, no price change, same room category, etc. Just switch ships..Good luck in your decision..GO FOR IT. LOL

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I'm just stating what I was told by Captains Club Rep..And he put me on hold to verify his answer.  Will see once onboard   

15 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I'm just stating what I was told by Captains Club Rep..And he put me on hold to verify his answer.  Will see once onboard.   

40 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

LeVoyage is listed as having a $20 pp upcharge for the dinner menu and a $50 for the tasting menu.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

I'm just stating what I was told by Captains Club Rep..And he put me on hold to verify his answer.  Will see once onboard.   

I would believe what I see as the terms in the cruise planner before the answer by the CC rep.  If you click on the package you will see all the details including the $ limits on the ala carte restaurants.  Did they say that?  

I did actually read the planner, and was skeptical, thus prompting my post, then the call to CC.  Like I said, we will see onboard...That's the only way to truly know, I suppose..The ala carte $30 lunch and $50 dinner has been that way in the past,

23 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I would believe what I see as the terms in the cruise planner before the answer by the CC rep.  If you click on the package you will see all the details including the $ limits on the ala carte restaurants.  Did they say that?  

but not always held to the penny, if you do go over said amount.  

4 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

I would recommend keeping what you have. The embarkation day scramble is so distracting to a fun start of a cruise - even worse if you are unhappy with the dining times offered. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

I just booked this for my Fall `24 APEX Transatlantic cruise. I'm not sure I'll keep it but this locks in the 30% discount.  I can always change my mind for a full refund.  

And just as I said I probably would earlier, I booked the second leg of our BTB Beyond....Lotta OBC on second trip..

From my experience on the Edge class ships reservations for some of the popular restaurants go very fast.    If you do get the plan make all of your reservations ASAP.    Don’t plan of making a reservation for the next day if you liked the restaurant because it will be booked.  

Do some research before the cruise and decide what you want and a backup plan.   Find out where you can make the reservations and head there once you board.  

Eden gets fully reserved almost immediately.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 4:32 AM, Tyler414 said:

I’m in the same position and have decided to stick with what I have and be happy with my chosen dining times and flash sale pricing. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 7:57 PM, Hawkstar33 said:

Hoping to hear from some of you that may have done this.  I'm looking to book the Unlimited on Beyond.  Flash sale showing 30% off.  Does this include all of the Specialty restaurants, or are you limited to which ones you can go to, or how many times you can go to each one?  I ask this because they vary a bit in price.  Ty in advance...

i got this email for my 4day cruise on Silly:

Only 1 sea day so 4 nights + 1 lunch
$159/5 = $32 each, which sounds like a great deal!

or am i missing something?

basically 40% of the normal $55 dinner price. (no idea what the price for lunch nor do i know WHERE lunch is??)
hm.. for sushi on 5, it's only a $50 credit? It should be $55 credit to match the prices of the other restaurants. (so only 1/3 off for sushi on 5)

This deal is probably better for cruises with more sea days like a transatlantic?

4 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

i got this email for my 4day cruise on Silly:

Only 1 sea day so 4 nights + 1 lunch
$159/5 = $32 each, which sounds like a great deal!

or am i missing something?

basically 40% of the normal $55 dinner price. (no idea what the price for lunch nor do i know WHERE lunch is??)
hm.. for sushi on 5, it's only a $50 credit? It should be $55 credit to match the prices of the other restaurants. (so only 1/3 off for sushi on 5)

This deal is probably better for cruises with more sea days like a transatlantic?

I ended up booking the unlimited on the second leg of both of our BTBs...Will try the dining room and buffet on the first part of each trip.  Silhouette in February, Beyond in April....Remember they add the gratuity when you book.   Happy Holidays

53 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

I ended up booking the unlimited on the second leg of both of our BTBs...Will try the dining room and buffet on the first part of each trip.  Silhouette in February, Beyond in April....Remember they add the gratuity when you book.   Happy Holidays

i'm also on Beyond b2b in april. (10day and 5 day, i think)

Update this thread after your Silly cruises?

• Like 1

We have had the unlimited specialty dining package on many celebrity ships.  Will be on silhouette again next week.  With the package, the only issue can be time of the reservation.  If it isn't available, you need to be flexible and book when you board.  We typically do not have a problem, but might have to vary dining times and rotate restaurants.  I plan on the restaurant and the day, but sometimes must adjust-  Never had a real problem.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We have had the unlimited specialty dining package on many celebrity ships.  Will be on silhouette again next week.  With the package, the only issue can be time of the reservation.  If it isn't available, you need to be flexible and book when you board.  We typically do not have a problem, but might have to vary dining times and rotate restaurants.  I plan on the restaurant and the day, but sometimes must adjust-  Never had a real problem.

Kinda why I booked the way I did.  After a few days of the first trip, I'm going to see if they will book me for the second part of trip.  Being we are there already.  Avoid the rush.. Or just wait till we do the BTB layover, and do it when they reboard us.  

How about this?
buy the unlimited specialty dining at the 35% off discount then buy each restaurant you want to eat at for everyday of the cruise.

since you're buying individually you get to pick your dining time.

When you get aboard, goto the restaurant desk and have all the costs of the individual restaurants refunded since you have Unlimited but keep the dining times?

32 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

How about this?
buy the unlimited specialty dining at the 35% off discount then buy each restaurant you want to eat at for everyday of the cruise.

since you're buying individually you get to pick your dining time.

When you get aboard, goto the restaurant desk and have all the costs of the individual restaurants refunded since you have Unlimited but keep the dining times?

Sounds like a step transaction to me... What if there is a wait list?