Would you book an Aqua guarantee cabin on Celebrity Edge?

lovedecruise

I would never book an Aqua guarantee cabin on the Solstice class ships as there was the possibility of being placed under the sundeck, pool etc.  What are your thoughts on the Edge class Aqua rooms?  Are there any really bad locations or things we should be aware of?  I think most of them are on Deck 9 and 10 so no problems regarding the sundeck.  Thank you

Blu is not in a great location on E Class and the rooms are IV fitted.  With 4 dining venues included with a regular room I don't see the value in an AQ upgrade on E class.  We did it once and were disappointed.  JMO.

• Like 1

not sure what E ship?

but BLU on BEYOND had a better location than on EDGE. Some AQ rms have view blocked by bump out of other cabins..

What u are moving up from probably has an IV anyhow.  We don't hate it!

All depends on bid price,  and how much you value BLU and access to thermal suite

. We always stick with what wd booked .but that's us!

5 hours ago, marieps said:

Blu is not in a great location on E Class and the rooms are IV fitted.  With 4 dining venues included with a regular room I don't see the value in an AQ upgrade on E class.  We did it once and were disappointed.  JMO.

I have to echo this comment. We have done AQ and Conceriege on both New E class ships and the older S class ships, and unless you are paying very little to upgrade AQ just isn't worth it on the EClass. on the older ships, the smaller dining room is nice, but these new E class ships, with the 4 MDRs instead of one large banquet it just isn't worth it for us. We select a room and we know will be in a good location and spend the extra money on Specialty dinning or excursions. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hcat said:

not sure what E ship?

but BLU on BEYOND had a better location than on EDGE. Some AQ rms have view blocked by bump out of other cabins..

What u are moving up from probably has an IV anyhow.  We don't hate it!

All depends on bid price,  and how much you value BLU and access to thermal suite

. We always stick with what wd booked .but that's us!

The title of the thread indicates Edge, but the post speaks of the entire E class...so like you I'm not sure to which ship the OP refers.  For my future reference, can you explain how the Beyond Blu locale varies from Edge?  The deck plan shows the identical spot on each, although Beyond has a Chocolatier in the area.  We really do prefer Blu but this issue ( and the IV) has cooled us to E class.  If Beyond has a better Blu location I'd love to hear more.

33 minutes ago, marieps said:

The title of the thread indicates Edge, but the post speaks of the entire E class...so like you I'm not sure to which ship the OP refers.  For my future reference, can you explain how the Beyond Blu locale varies from Edge?  The deck plan shows the identical spot on each, although Beyond has a Chocolatier in the area.  We really do prefer Blu but this issue ( and the IV) has cooled us to E class.  If Beyond has a better Blu location I'd love to hear more.

From what we recall there is no service equip blocking the view...

On EDGE, drapes remained closed or u had service items in view!  Hope someone on now or more recently can explain.. 

We were assigned to Luminae but  preferred BLU.

We hear that BLU on  Ascent will be even better.. we are sailing  in January.

Edited by hcat

48 minutes ago, hcat said:

From what we recall there is no service equip blocking the view...

On EDGE, drapes remained closed or u had service items in view!  Hope someone on now or more recently can explain.. 

We were assigned to Luminae but  preferred BLU.

We hear that BLU on  Ascent will be even better.. we are sailing  in January.

Have a great cruise.  Our one time on Edge was very early in her career (March 2019).  They never opened the al fresco seating, which was too bad.  We were in Luminae on Sillie's TA in October but thoroughly enjoyed the one meal we had in Blu.  Our next two =X= voyages are S Class AQ.