Blue Lagoon?

We are cruising mid February to Nassau and booked blue lagoon before the accident which prompted royal to remove these excursions from the planner.

What is royal currently providing passengers who had this booked? I imagine that by February the island will resume operations but if they do not, what should we expect?

9 hours ago, oddly excitered said:

I imagine that by February the island will resume operations but if they do not, what should we expect?

If Royal is not doing the excursion? You can expect that they will refund your money.

Good news though. You can cancel the Royal excursion and book yourself thru various means. The hang up is that you would have to get yourself to and from the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. If you were to do this, the island will be much less crowded, and you'd have a better time. Just manage your time appropriately. (Assuming the cruise lines have not started selling this excursion yet)

Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day | Bahamas Tour Center

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

If Royal is not doing the excursion? You can expect that they will refund your money.

Good news though. You can cancel the Royal excursion and book yourself thru various means. The hang up is that you would have to get yourself to and from the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. If you were to do this, the island will be much less crowded, and you'd have a better time. Just manage your time appropriately. (Assuming the cruise lines have not started selling this excursion yet)

Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day | Bahamas Tour Center

Its my understanding that all ferry services to the island are on hold..is that not true? 

40 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Its my understanding that all ferry services to the island are on hold..is that not true? 

The link I provided let me make a booking for December 29th. I didn't complete the booking. I just filled out the request up to the credit card info then backed out. At no point did it tell me that I couldn't make the reservation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Apparently. Which does not mean that Royal Caribbean will immediately or ever book them again. I expect they will at some point. If Blue Lagoon is taking bookings then it can be done DIY. We did it on our own once as a last minute decision. We had to take a taxi to Paradise Island to pick up their boat. Their boat did drop us off back by the cruise docks at the end. You could take any of their boats back. As far as cost it was a wash since the booking price a little less but with the taxi cost the total cost was similar. Makes the most convienient sense to book through the cruise line if available. 

24 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Apparently. Which does not mean that Royal Caribbean will immediately or ever book them again. I expect they will at some point. If Blue Lagoon is taking bookings then it can be done DIY. We did it on our own once as a last minute decision. We had to take a taxi to Paradise Island to pick up their boat. Their boat did drop us off back by the cruise docks at the end. You could take any of their boats back. As far as cost it was a wash since the booking price a little less but with the taxi cost the total cost was similar. Makes the most convienient sense to book through the cruise line if available. 

I would imagine the contracts the cruise lines have with the vendor are being scrutinized before restarting those tours.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I would imagine the contracts the cruise lines have with the vendor are being scrutinized before restarting those tours.

I would imagine that it will take some time. Especially if the corporate lawyers get involved. Which they should in this instance.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought someone had posted that Royal had sent an update about cancelations until a date in January. I think it was around mid-January. I'm sailing with Celebrity in early February and plan to direct book if Celebrity doesn't restart offering the excursion. I look forward to going. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried to call Blue Lagoon and Book the Beach Day and Dolphin Encounter for our stop on 1/23 and was told that if we are sailing on RC, I can't book directly - they would have to start offering it through the cruise line in order for us to go. So it sounds like if traveling on RC, Blue Lagoon isn't even an option (they won't even take your reservation going directly)...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shamp1931 said:

I just tried to call Blue Lagoon and Book the Beach Day and Dolphin Encounter for our stop on 1/23 and was told that if we are sailing on RC, I can't book directly - they would have to start offering it through the cruise line in order for us to go. So it sounds like if traveling on RC, Blue Lagoon isn't even an option (they won't even take your reservation going directly)...

A few years ago I booked through the tourist desk they had inside the pier terminal they  make you walk through to get to the street. We then took a taxi to the Paradise Island ferry terminal. Don't know if you can still do that. 

Anyone have a recent update about Blue Lagon bookings? I also called Blue Lagoon directly today to ask about cruise ship passengers, they said we need to book through the cruise line when/if it becomes available. I will actually be sailing on Celebrity. I know this is a Riyal forum, but wondering about Royal's decision as that may impact Celebrity as well. Called Celebrity. Not helpful yet. 

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Anyone have a recent update about Blue Lagon bookings? I also called Blue Lagoon directly today to ask about cruise ship passengers, they said we need to book through the cruise line when/if it becomes available. I will actually be sailing on Celebrity. I know this is a Riyal forum, but wondering about Royal's decision as that may impact Celebrity as well. Called Celebrity. Not helpful yet. 

Is Blue Lagoon offered fas an exceursion for you to book? That is where you will get your answer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Is Blue Lagoon offered fas an exceursion for you to book? That is where you will get your answer.

Hi Charles, no, it is not. We sail soon on Feb 4. I called Celebrity and the rep was not able to provide any information. At least Royal had provided an estimated time frame for more investigation. So, that's why I posted here just to see if anyone had received any additional updates.  I understand that Celebrity will make their own decision. I'm just curious about any updates at all. Thanks Charles! 

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 1

We were on Freedom over MLK weekend and stopped in Nassau.  People from Blue Lagoon were all over asking if you wanted to take an excursion both at the port and over on Paradise Island.  We didn't, so I don't know if once you told them you were on RCL they would say they couldn't take you or not.  I highly doubt it since there were so many of them trying to drum up business.   With any excursion you're taking a chance.  Most of the boats were very sketchy, even the water taxis.  The life jackets looked like the'd sink before you ever got them on.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, my voyage is fast approaching, and I am still not able to get any idea if royal has resumed these excursions. Any recent cruisers out there who have or have not been able to go to blue lagoon in Nassau?

Still not showing as an option to purchase but my planner still says I have it booked, this is literally the only thing we have booked for this trip and looking forward to it.

2 hours ago, oddly excitered said:

Still not showing as an option to purchase but my planner still says I have it booked, this is literally the only thing we have booked for this trip and looking forward to it.

Even if RCI doesn't have an excursion there you could go there on your own. This article from about a week ago:

Blue Lagoon Island reopens but Royal Caribbean isn't back yet (seatrade-cruise.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1