Always nervous when bid is accepted

gizmodog

My bid was just accepted to move up from a sunset veranda on 10, to a magic carpet sky suite on 6. 
has anyone been in a magic carpet sky suite? Does the magic carpet interfere much with your balcony? I’m in a middle room, not the end room.

2 hours ago, gizmodog said:

My bid was just accepted to move up from a sunset veranda on 10, to a magic carpet sky suite on 6. 
has anyone been in a magic carpet sky suite? Does the magic carpet interfere much with your balcony? I’m in a middle room, not the end room.

What ship and sailing?

We were in a Magic Carpet Suite, middle room, on the Beyond last month.  The cabin and bathroom had a great deal of room.  The balcony was large as well with two loungers, two chairs and a small table.  The magic carpet was not an issue and one day we saw it being lowered from the top deck to a lower deck.  It does not move with people on in.  A great cabin with suite benefits.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, gizmodog said:

Thank you for the replies, appreciate it.

Your upgrade is almost identical to ours--we were Concierge, just "moved up" to MCSS!  I have same questions!   Same sailing, not end suite either.  Small world this CC site is!

• Like 1

Good luck with your upgrade  The suite life is wonderful!  While I definately prefer a sky suite on the opposite side of the deck from the magic carpet, I do not think it will interfer with your enjoyment of the suite.  Congratulations.  We have a bid in for a royal or celebrity suite from a sky suite on an S class ship next week and are anxiously awaiting our results.  Since the cruise apparently has been booked for a few weeks, doubtful we will get any upgrade.  As long as we are in any suite, we are happy!

On 12/21/2023 at 11:29 PM, dleahy4444 said:

What ship and sailing?

I’m on the same sailing also on a sunset veranda! Yes CC is certainly a small world. I put in a few bids: aqua sky suite and Sunset sky suite. I’m not hopeful because they are minimum bids and it seems that the bulk of the move ups occurred in the last few days. I didn’t bid in the sky suite category because I didn’t want to take the chance that I’d be assigned a MC suite. But now that it seems that I’m not getting a move up, the MC is looking pretty good

21 hours ago, truckswain said:

We were in a Magic Carpet Suite, middle room, on the Beyond last month.  The cabin and bathroom had a great deal of room.  The balcony was large as well with two loungers, two chairs and a small table.  The magic carpet was not an issue and one day we saw it being lowered from the top deck to a lower deck.  It does not move with people on in.  A great cabin with suite benefits.

What deck were you on? Was there an overhang? Were you able to get sun on your balcony? Thanks

We were on deck 11 and I did not notice any more of an overhang then other balconies and we did have sun.

In my opinion these rooms are unique to Edge class and I  am always in to trying something that you cannot experience on other ships cruise lines.

I really like Boardwalk and Central Park Balconies on RCL Oasis class ships, not you ordinary ocean balconies.

There are two doors to get in your cabin as the first door opens into a small hallway with a door to the inside cabin and the door to your suite.  I thought this was would be annoying but it was fine.  Did not hear any noise from the hallway and never heard the people staying in the inside cabin coming or going.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, truckswain said:

We were on deck 11 and I did not notice any more of an overhang then other balconies and we did have sun.

In my opinion these rooms are unique to Edge class and I  am always in to trying something that you cannot experience on other ships cruise lines.

I really like Boardwalk and Central Park Balconies on RCL Oasis class ships, not you ordinary ocean balconies.

There are two doors to get in your cabin as the first door opens into a small hallway with a door to the inside cabin and the door to your suite.  I thought this was would be annoying but it was fine.  Did not hear any noise from the hallway and never heard the people staying in the inside cabin coming or going.

Thank you for your response. We love to hang out on our balcony so before bidding on that category we want to make sure it would work for us.