Celebrity sent me this --unbelievable

OceanCruise

18 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

but my real issue was with the guests themselves.  Totally inconsiderate.

18 hours ago, MamaFej said:

folks who don't spend much time concerning themselves with what is polite. 

Off topic--- ( Remove if necessary )

Reminds me of:

Those that choose to not follow the Dress Code for whatever "lame-duck", self-entitled reason.

Lounge hogs

Unruly slobs in the " Slugfest on 14 " (OVC) 

Nonsense complaints ( seems to be many "reported" on CC lately ) probably followed by a visit to GR to remove Gratuities.

However, to finish on a complimentary note--- someone was excited to post a comment that they even petted the Captain's cat.

19 hours ago, Joker54 said:

We were in the PH last year on the Equinox. We didn’t realize that the maitre‘ d was saving a window table for us. We dine in both pay venues and Luminae. We also had the same wait staff every time we dined in Luminae.

We never asked for a window table nor to have one reserved for us, it just happened. Once we figured out that they were saving a table for us we had our butler keep them informed as to our dining plans for each day. We didn’t want that table reserved if we were not dining there. 

Besides having our photos so they can address us by name, they also have access to our points level, status and I’m pretty sure annual spend.

Yes some people in upper suites make a lot of demands, at the same time there are others like us that don’t ask for or demand a reserved table. 

Disclaimer: we do expect all of the perks advertised for that suite, reserved tables are not an advertised perk for any suite.

cheers

You sound like a polite and considerate person.  Unfortunately those on our cruise were not. I didn't have a particular issue with the seat being saved for people paying big bucks for highest level suites. But if that was happening to me  (and it would be pretty obvious early on) I would definitely advise the hostess if I didn't plan to dine there that day.

• Like 3

Sky Suites are at the end of the day "junior Suites", hence not full suites. Therefore i am suprised with the staff shortages / savings approach that X only started with this now. Further, it would be helpfull when Luminae would start to take reservations for dinner and here also simmilar as on RCL the privilege to have dinner should be granted to Celebrity suites and above and if there is availability then for Sky Suites as well but it should not be anymore a guaranteed benefit. I would also remove the privilege of access to Retreat lounge and sundeck to ensure these areas are not overcrowded. I know it doesn't sound fair to some of you but the upper suites cost significantly more and therefore additional exclusivity needs to be offered to them as in my oppinion for what is offered at the end of the day anything above CC is fully overpriced not to mention that Luminae is also a failure.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Sky Suites are at the end of the day "junior Suites", hence not full suites..... I would also remove the privilege of access to Retreat lounge  .......that Luminae is also a failure.

So you would turn sky suites into just another room with a balcony.  Why would Celebrity turn these high priced cabins into low priced cabins?   Why do you say Luminae is a failure?    We have always had good food and service there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Considering how much they charge for the sky suites removing access for Luminae and the lounge just doesn't make sense. That makes for a very expensive balcony on E Class and what would you get on the other ships?

And people on Royal suites and higher already have a lot of exclusivity from the sounds of it with extra inclusions.

I agree Lena 11033.  

The only reason we book a Sky 1 or 2 is some of the perks like Luminae and the lounge. Even then we are trying a CC on Eclipse this spring for the first 7 days of a B2B followed by a CS for 14 days.  Figured as nice as Luminae is for Breakfast everyday, ( must do thing in the morning for me since my better half sleeps in late ) being on deck 12, close to the pool was a better deal. At almost $1250 per day, will just eat at the specialty Rest. And get treated like kings. Also, tip the crap out of the room steward and believe me you’ll get all you want. 

I’ll have to share a story on another thread some day of how tipping lots can really make a difference. I know that can be a touchy subject but we can choose to throw our money around in an upper suite or everyday to the crew as we want and get just as much. Trust me… some friends we traveled with, did  this and crazy the attention they got and they only cruised once with Celebrity. 

So much for that "enhanced experience" Celebrity promised. The linked article posted in the original post (about all the many amazing things the Retreat butler will do for us) is truly false advertising that Celebrity is continuing to send to Sky Suite cruisers.

1 hour ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

I agree Lena 11033.  

The only reason we book a Sky 1 or 2 is some of the perks like Luminae and the lounge. Even then we are trying a CC on Eclipse this spring for the first 7 days of a B2B followed by a CS for 14 days.  Figured as nice as Luminae is for Breakfast everyday, ( must do thing in the morning for me since my better half sleeps in late ) being on deck 12, close to the pool was a better deal. At almost $1250 per day, will just eat at the specialty Rest. And get treated like kings. Also, tip the crap out of the room steward and believe me you’ll get all you want. 

I’ll have to share a story on another thread some day of how tipping lots can really make a difference. I know that can be a touchy subject but we can choose to throw our money around in an upper suite or everyday to the crew as we want and get just as much. Trust me… some friends we traveled with, did  this and crazy the attention they got and they only cruised once with Celebrity. 

We tip our Retreat Butler VERY well at the end of our cruise...which is a reward for unsolicited good service.  In fact, we ask very little, if anything, from our butler but if the small simple  things are attended to each day (like ice morning and evening) and other services he/she do pleasantly without being asked, they are definitely natural aces and deserving....JMHO.  We tip no one in advance of their service at home or on vacation.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Sky Suites are at the end of the day "junior Suites", hence not full suites. Therefore i am suprised with the staff shortages / savings approach that X only started with this now. Further, it would be helpfull when Luminae would start to take reservations for dinner and here also simmilar as on RCL the privilege to have dinner should be granted to Celebrity suites and above and if there is availability then for Sky Suites as well but it should not be anymore a guaranteed benefit. I would also remove the privilege of access to Retreat lounge and sundeck to ensure these areas are not overcrowded. I know it doesn't sound fair to some of you but the upper suites cost significantly more and therefore additional exclusivity needs to be offered to them as in my oppinion for what is offered at the end of the day anything above CC is fully overpriced not to mention that Luminae is also a failure.

Are you writing this as a joke or to get people revved up to argue with you?  Obviously it can't be a legit comment.  The "upper suites" already have lots more privileges associated with them so I think they are taken care of just fine,  That's as far as I plan to discuss this as the idea is too far out of the realm of reality for me to waste any more time on it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

I know nobody wants to hear this one……..but nothing that $50 wont fix.  Lol

Agree, but Watch Out---

I inferred the same thing re Specialty Restaurant reservations and was " tossed to the mat " by several on CC for bribing. 

Example: You go to the Specialty restaurant-- Maitre'd says " Sorry, nothing available ---- But, give me your cabin number and I'll call you if something comes available "-- You smile and give him/her your cabin number---- Trust me, he/she got the message---- 2 hrs later, ring, ring, -- Guess who?

So, when you arrive at the restaurant you thank him/her ( $$ ) and everybody is happy.

Want another reservation ? Nooooo problem.

Where I come from it's called " Thanks for your help " !!

LOL--- A few extra $$ ?? So What !! 

• Like 1

As I see it, here’s the problem, The Retreat Hosts are not given a written list of their duty requirements. And there is nobody  on board to enforce these requirements. Retreat Hosts should be given written duty requirements, and on-board enforcement should be provided  Repeat violation of the requirements should result in deportation. And Celebrity should be fined for advertising that the Retreat Hosts provide services  they are not required (in writing) to provide. Because if they are not required to provide a service in writing, chances are they won’t provide it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Agree, but Watch Out---

I inferred the same thing re Specialty Restaurant reservations and was " tossed to the mat " by several on CC for bribing. 

Example: You go to the Specialty restaurant-- Maitre'd says " Sorry, nothing available ---- But, give me your cabin number and I'll call you if something comes available "-- You smile and give him/her your cabin number---- Trust me, he/she got the message---- 2 hrs later, ring, ring, -- Guess who?

So, when you arrive at the restaurant you thank him/her ( $$ ) and everybody is happy.

Want another reservation ? Nooooo problem.

Where I come from it's called " Thanks for your help " !!

LOL--- A few extra $$ ?? So What !! 

😊.   So many of us, as we have traveled with Celebrity, have gotten to enjoy so many great services but as things change it can cause issues.  Tips certainly can be used both ways. Reward and a little bribery 😏.   Thanks for your comment

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

😊.   So many of us, as we have traveled with Celebrity, have gotten to enjoy so many great services but as things change it can cause issues.  Tips certainly can be used both ways. Reward and a little bribery 😏.   Thanks for your comment

LOL--- Let's see how smart we are ----- A 3 choice question ( Take your time answering ):

Who do you think " taught" me the " ropes " on getting a reservation at a Specialty restaurant when there was nothing available at the prime times ? ( 5:00 pm or 9:30 pm is not a prime time )

A--- A Maitre'd

B--- A Maitre'd

C--- A Maitre'd

Absolutely a true story .

On 12/22/2023 at 1:06 PM, OceanCruise said:

I got an email from Celebrity today regarding my upcoming March 2024 cruise in a Sky Suite. It had the standard questionnaire asking for my preferences (such as pillow type, any extra hangers, wine, etc.) and included this link as to what amenities I can expect on this cruise for my Sky Suite experience. As the fallout from loss of a dedicated butler is well documented on this forum, I do think you will find this article Celebrity sent me to be ---let's say---quite interesting. It is quite specific. I read it and thought, "Is Celebrity crazy?" They really do think we are stupid. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/cruise-butler

Having just come off a sailing in a SS the marketing does not match the reality and there now is a lack of value for money with not only the butler change but the removal of tips and OBC. 

• Like 1