Who's gotten the call from Executive Office from their wine email?

phoenix_dream

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

Why keep writing, vote with your $. 

Have two upcoming cruises on X, joining dear friends taking their last cruises (health).  They're Zenith, too, but in a SS the first leg, then PH on second.  I want both cruises to be memorable and special....in a good way.  Since she likes certain wines, I'll write.  After these two cruises, I am voting with my $ (Oceania and Regent).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tonto524 said:

To me, the "surprise factor" is what is so wrong (beyond the ridiculous pricing for those glasses of wine - from $12 to $19 in a week for a glass of Villa Maria which I like but $19??). 

You're telling me it's $19 for a glass of Villa Maria savvy blanc now? 

I just bought a few bottles at £8.50 ($10.78) each. That's quite some mark up! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

You're telling me it's $19 for a glass of Villa Maria savvy blanc now? 

I just bought a few bottles at £8.50 ($10.78) each. That's quite some mark up! 

If you check out post Live from the Summit- Xmas At Sea Dec 21-26 there are pictures of bar menu that clearly  showVilla Maria Sauvignon Blanc for $15.

Edited by If only

We leave in two week for a 12 night cruise on the Connie. I upgraded to the Premium Beverage Pkg with the Black Friday sale last month,

On Wednesday of last week I got the following email from X titled " Sip and Save on Your Upcoming Cruise" Under the Premium tab this is what is stated. I intend on presenting this email to the Sommelier at my first opportunity.

What's Included

• Gins: Range from Bombay Sapphire, Hendrick’s, to Plymouth
  • Rums: From Bacardi 8 Años, Flor de Caña, to Bumbu Rum
  • Tequilas: Range from Patrón Silver, Ghost Tequila, to Don Julio Reposado
  • Vodkas: Belvedere, Cîroc Snap Frost & Flavors, to Grey Goose
  • Whiskeys: Bulleit Bourbon, Jack Daniel’s Black, to Johnnie Walker Black
  • Liqueurs and Cognacs: Range from Baileys Irish Cream, Disarronno Amaretto, to Aperol
  • Cocktails: Craft cocktails, martinis, and long drinks, all made with Premium Beverage Package spirits
  • Beers: Range from Blue Moon, Guinness, to Stella Artois
  • Champagnes and favorite wines such as Conundrum White and Red Blends, Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon, J&H Selbach Riesling Kabine, Mouton Cadet Bordeaux Blend, and Edmeades Zinfandel
  • Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen

I was wrong about the Villa - it’s $15 now, up a “mere” $3 from earlier in the month. The Conundrum blends, however, DO now cost $19, per friends currently on the Equinox. Please let us know what happens when you’re on the Connie, as I sail in early February. Thanks.

LindA

NC Fred- Apparently the list X sent you is out of date.  Decoy and Conundrum are now $19 per several people currently on board different ships. However, if I were cruising soon and had this list, I would print it and take with, just to see what response I might get on board. 

I have printed out the list as it is stated in the quote earlier. In addition I have the complete email dated Dec. 22nd on my phone. BTW, it mentions my specific cruise, Jan 12th.

I will be well armed when I make my pitch.

Last year, same type situation. The menu's and App had different prices. Our Sommelier, after pointing out the difference, only charged the the lower price for the entire cruise.

2 hours ago, 39august said:

NC Fred- Apparently the list X sent you is out of date.  Decoy and Conundrum are now $19 per several people currently on board different ships. However, if I were cruising soon and had this list, I would print it and take with, just to see what response I might get on board. 

And yet, the website also still shows Decoy and Conundrum as included in the premium package! So not just a poor move overall, but false advertising.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

And yet, the website also still shows Decoy and Conundrum as included in the premium package! So not just a poor move overall, but false advertising.  

We tried the Conundrum for the first time on the Summit in October. We enjoyed it, and it is one of the  reasons we upgraded to PBP during the Black Friday sale for our upcoming cruises. 

Disappointing. 

• Like 1