Who's gotten the call from Executive Office from their wine email?

phoenix_dream

Wondering how many have been contacted after sending an email to the Executive office regarding the recent changes to wine prices vis a vis the premium package, and how that conversation went.

I wrote an email and got a call within a day.  Had a nice conversation with the woman on the phone about my concerns.  Besides mentioning my general displeasure with the new costs and why, I also expressed concern about how these changes are happening.  I have heard people say it has even changed mid-sailing.  I indicated I thought they should improve their communication so people know ahead of time what they are buying into, regardless of what the change is.

One of my concerns is that they may only focus on "fixing" this for suite guests.  As a Zenith member who took 30 years and close to 80 cruises to attain that level, I am not happy to see its valuable perk of premium drinks downgraded for those times I am not sailing in a suite (which with current prices may be often!).  If they lower the price of the package, offer great sales, etc.., but keep the current wine pricing that's fine for people who purchase the package as an add-on but that doesn't help me (or other Zeniths not in suites) at all!  I was told they are in the process of reviewing these changes and the comments coming in, and I was reassured that they value our loyalty and would keep that in mind.  

So, encouraging that they are quickly responding, and encouraging that they apparently are getting so much feedback that they are reviewing it.  Wouldn't it be nice, though, if going forward they relied on focus groups comprising of all types of Celebrity passengers, including (and perhaps especially) those who are the most loyal.   Fingers crossed something positive will come out of this.

• Like 10

If you are in a suite you still pay for drinks as a part of your fare even though you as a Zenith receive the Premium drink package as a benefit. They removed this double billing in Aqua Class if you are a Zenith. I'm so glad that I drink only sugar free, non alcohol drinks.

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Did you write the executive office about this? Did you get a reply? That is what the OP wants to know…..

I spoke with the new President when I saw her. Not a drinker so I didn't write.  My problem with the double charge in Aqua Class has been resolved to my delight.

Edited by Orator

11 minutes ago, Orator said:

I spoke with the new President when I saw her. Not a drinker so I didn't write.  My problem with the double charge in Aqua Class has been resolved to my delight.

I am glad that your specific use case was resolved to your satisfaction.  However, that does not do much for the tens of thousands of us who are not Zenith's sailing in Aqua class. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Orator said:

If you are in a suite you still pay for drinks as a part of your fare even though you as a Zenith receive the Premium drink package as a benefit. They removed this double billing in Aqua Class if you are a Zenith. I'm so glad that I drink only sugar free, non alcohol drinks.

So you’re implying that as far as X is concerned, Aqua Class outranks Suites regarding the drink package for Zeniths?

45 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

One of my concerns is that they may only focus on "fixing" this for suite guests.

Hi,  Wondering how they were "Fixing" this for suite guests?    

As you know we are both Zenith and Retreat guests.      While on Edge -  things were really confusing.   Prices were in USD of course but listed with an up-charge of 20% to cover gratuities.   I understand it has to do with Australia / New Zealand requires prices to be all inclusive.    I never saw an explanation of what the Max Premium Price Limit was.    Some had to fight to get over charges removed  

I don't drink but do advocate for those like Iain who do drink.    

I met Laura at the Zenith at lunch and when she asked her canned introduction -  "What amazing memories have we created for you on this cruise? "    I responded there were far to many negatives that positives.   She was concerned and asked me to explain.   I as a gentleman, I  answered this isn't the right time or place to go into detail and would write her upon return home.  

I will be including this as a minor point.

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

So you’re implying that as far as X is concerned, Aqua Class outranks Suites regarding the drink package for Zeniths?

I believe what he is saying, and I am believe he will correct me if I am incorrect, is that Aqua Class bookings can be made "cruise only".  But, the suite class must be booked including the premium drink package and internet that Zeniths get free.  As in, they have to pay for if they book suites.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Texed said:

I believe what he is saying, and I am believe he will correct me if I am incorrect, is that Aqua Class bookings can be made "cruise only".  But, the suite class must be booked including the premium drink package and internet that Zeniths get free.  As in, they have to pay for if they book suites.  

Thanks for clarifying.

It's been a long day… 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I am glad that your specific use case was resolved to your satisfaction.  However, that does not do much for the tens of thousands of us who are not Zenith's sailing in Aqua class. 

I understand the issue was with both suites and Aqua where booking either AI was build into the price, there was no cruise only price option.  Zeniths get the premium beverage package and wi-fi free so in essence paying for something they didn’t need.  Same issue as than the non drinkers, occasional drinkersvwho booked AQ or suites thus paying for the beverage package.

Now anyone can book AQ with a cruise only rate. The change was beneficial to anyone who didn’t need or want a beverage packages

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

As I understand it Suites still need to pay for a drink and internet package and now Aqua Class has a non included option. So Zeniths staying in suites pay double for the drinks and internet and below don't. So I guess your statement is correct.

2 hours ago, Texed said:

You are correct!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Orator said:

You are correct!

At Retreat bars (I'm not sure about Luminae), drinks were always included as a suite benefit whether you had a drink package or not.  Suite guests who are awarded suites through the move up program may not have a drink package.  What will the Retreat Bar do in those cases?  If the Retreat bars are now basing pricing off the premium package, it would make sense that suite passengers with no package would pay the whole amount, classic and premium the difference based on package.  It's going to get confusing.

All in all, these wine prices are astronomical whether, Zenith, Suite, aqua, etc. We set sail next month on the Reflection as Elite Plus (only stating because we have cruised a lot on Celebrity), but these changes are already insane over the past 6 months. The new wine menu blows my mind that most of the wines I used to drink aren’t even covered on the Premium package anymore.  It’s like they are pushing everyone to have to buy an AI or stay in a Aqua+ cabin. 

I encourage everyone to write of their displeasure if you feel the same. 

Edited by Jimmym1981

56 minutes ago, Julma said:

At Retreat bars (I'm not sure about Luminae), drinks were always included as a suite benefit whether you had a drink package or not.  Suite guests who are awarded suites through the move up program may not have a drink package.  What will the Retreat Bar do in those cases?  If the Retreat bars are now basing pricing off the premium package, it would make sense that suite passengers with no package would pay the whole amount, classic and premium the difference based on package.  It's going to get confusing.

Not really.    Anything included in the premium beverage package is complementary in the Retreat Lounge for everyone package or not.

All other areas of the ship your drink package dictates what's included.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmym1981 said:

All in all, these wine prices are astronomical whether, Zenith, Suite, aqua, etc. We set sail next month on the Reflection as Elite Plus (only stating because we have cruised a lot on Celebrity), but these changes are already insane over the past 6 months. The new wine menu blows my mind that most of the wines I used to drink aren’t even covered on the Premium package anymore.  It’s like they are pushing everyone to have to buy an AI or stay in a Aqua+ cabin. 

I encourage everyone to write of their displeasure if you feel the same. 

You can write as many letters or emails as you want, but if you continue to book, who cares. Enough people apparently are happily booking AI and so far not sweating the upcharge. Maybe new cruisers who have none of the expectations of CCers and will cruise for years from a different start point.

We’re probably taking a break from cruising in general. But too many people on this and other threads are simply grousing while feeding the beast. If you don’t like it, don’t pay for it. All stop!

• Like 4

21 years of booking only Celebrity or Royal suites, last year we made it to Zenith. We have since been booking Sky Suites as prices have soared.  In suites we do not get "Cruise Only" rates. So the only "perk" that we can use is free laundry and a percentage off of specialty restaurants. There is no value in booking Sky Suites anymore, they have taken away-

-Tips

-On board credit 

-Butler (replaced by an overworked  "Retreat Host", Head Butler that is not present and              Retreat Concierges who are overworked. 

-Paying the same gratuites as the Iconic Suite with less service. 

-Food being delivered by random Room Service staff instead of Butler, no personal                    service. 

-Looking at trays of food/wine glasses in the halls (just offAscent) 

-Only 2 bottles of Evian, all other things you are charged for, have to have minibar                         emptied and bring your own soda etc. from the Lounge or bars. 

-Being up charged for wines and the increase in prices for drinks in bars (Eden and                     World Class Bar. 

This has all been taken away from us, and replaced with much higher cruise fares.  We, for the first time, did not book another cruise or pay for "place holders" for future cruises. We have one more cruise for next spring, we will wait and see if we continue, so sad as we, until recently, loved Celebrity and were huge fans. 

-

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, Bejay219 said:

…so sad as we, until recently, loved Celebrity and were huge fans. 

If you’re like me, the next emotion will be excitement to try something new. I doubt I’ll miss the current version of Celebrity. 

• Like 6

We totally agree.  Loved our Beyond cruise we just completed.  We have two more X cruises booked. We, too, did not purchase the future cruise voucher nor did we book another cruise.  Our third booked cruise is on Oceania. Their Penthouse Suite is lower cost per day than a similar Sky Suite so we owe it to ourselves to give it a try.  Last night was our final night on our Beyond cruise. Our wonderful Luminae server suggested the best dinner option was cannelloni.  I want to be sure to remember that when I see the Retreat pricing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Not really.    Anything included in the premium beverage package is complementary in the Retreat Lounge for everyone package or not.

All other areas of the ship your drink package dictates what's included.

For what it's worth and perhaps apropos of nothing, I have been on sailings where my account shows, every day, many charges for drinks that I never had. They were all billed a $0 because they were included in my drink package.  It turned out that my butler would deliver drinks to SS passengers in their room and use my card to charge them. I asked my butler about the charges and he said it was for his convenience. Later he confided that he likes to delight his assigned guests and any request put on the PH guest card is not questioned.

The Luminae sommelier would not charge passengers who did a move up bid, without a drink package, for drinks in Luminae - they went on someone else's card. My suite had included specialty dining so I often would order sushi to be delivered as an afternoon snack. My order often had extra items on it that were delivered to several SS down the hall. 

None of the above bothered me but I guess it bothered Celebrity. What will bother me is being charged an extra $2.50 for a glass of an inexpensive wine in the Retreat lounge after paying $40,000 plus for my all included upper suite on a 7 day sailing. 

It seems to me that Celebrity is taking away the ability of staff to delight their customers for a small amount of current revenue. Shortsighted in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 39august said:

My disappointment is that I paid for a Lexus and X is delivering  a Chevy. 

You pay for a Lexus but you really just get a Toyota with some lipstick 🤣

yes , I drive a Lexus because a used Lexus at times is cheaper than a Toyota 

Almost like the difference between RCL and Celebrity 😁