BEWARE: Your drinks package does NOT cover freshly squeezed OJ

cruise101

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Last month on the Kongingsdam we had fresh squeezed OJ with room service every morning with the classic HIA package. We also got it in the CO dining room for breakfast. I know the difference as we have an orange tree in our back yard and make fresh squeezed OJ during the fruit season. I think the OP was misinformed

We know fresh orange juice is included in the CO dining room and in the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast at no charge.  It is interesting that you got it in the MDR for breakfast as part of HIA.  Also see post #31 above from the OP where they say:
"Yes, we did follow up with Guest Services and were told that fresh OJ anywhere on the ship was not covered under the drinks package we had."

So it seems like HAL is being inconsistent across their fleet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

That only confuses more, as room service drinks are not covered by HIA  😂

Not really - he mentioned they also got it in CO for breakfast. CO room service breakfast hanger is different  - it includes fresh squeezed OJ at no cost.

Nothing to do w/HIA.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

1 hour ago, Torquer said:

...Also see post #31 above from the OP where they say:
"Yes, we did follow up with Guest Services and were told that fresh OJ anywhere on the ship was not covered under the drinks package we had."

@cruise101 which drink package did you have?

On Nieuw Statendam TA Rome->FLL Nov 26 - Dec 10. We were CO and had HIA.

The only time fresh squeezed OJ was not covered were the last 3 days when we were told (no matter where we ordered it) that they were out. The other days, we got it at N/C in MDR via HIA, room service via CO and CO dining room via CO.

So, some HAL crew that apply charges are aware of the FSOJ Inclusion policy. Eeks that doesn't read well...

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

2 hours ago, Torquer said:

Not only across the fleet but across each ship!  We have stated, for a few years, that the one thing about HAL that is consistent is their inconsistency.

Hank

• Like 2

There are several things that are well bellow the price cap on either package that are not included in the package. Items like the larger water cans with the screw caps, I don't think the 1 litre glass bottles of mineral water and several other things don't seem to be included either. Luckily for most these exclusions aren't a problem. Clearly for some it may be. 

Edited by Blackduck59
word repeated
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/22/2023 at 8:15 PM, cruise101 said:

We are just back from a TA crossing on the Nieuw Statendam and were very disappointed to find that the drinks package does NOT cover fresh OJ during breakfast. The package says it covers most drinks within the $11 maximum, however fresh OJ is NOT covered. Not only that, after paying $6 + 18% gratuity, we realized that the OJ was not quite “FRESHLY” squeezed. It was poured out of a bottle stored in the fridge. Very disappointed.

Hey @cruise101 I'm hoping first you're able to get the charges for juices credited back. And 2ndly that the $6 you paid was for 2 people not pp. This is from today's breakfast menu.

20231225_234722.thumb.jpg.e1625ccdd259dee322f5a15ec02ec691.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

13 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hey @cruise101 I'm hoping first you're able to get the charges for juices credited back. And 2ndly that the $6 you paid was for 2 people not pp. This is from today's breakfast menu.

20231225_234722.thumb.jpg.e1625ccdd259dee322f5a15ec02ec691.jpg

Thanks Haljo1935. To answer your questions, although I took up the matter with Guest Relations, no, the charge was not refunded. As for the $6 (plus gratuity), it was for one large OJ. It was definitely not for 2. Looking back, in the big scheme of things, neither are such a big deal. We had a wonderful cruise & I wouldn’t let one little incident taint that. As I have mentioned before, the sole purpose of my post was to make people aware that fresh OJ is not part of the HIA package - something we were not aware of. The thread seems to have taken an interesting (and at times, humorous) twist & turn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, cruise101 said:

Thanks Haljo1935. To answer your questions, although I took up the matter with Guest Relations, no, the charge was not refunded. As for the $6 (plus gratuity), it was for one large OJ. It was definitely not for 2. Looking back, in the big scheme of things, neither are such a big deal. We had a wonderful cruise & I wouldn’t let one little incident taint that. As I have mentioned before, the sole purpose of my post was to make people aware that fresh OJ is not part of the HIA package - something we were not aware of. The thread seems to have taken an interesting (and at times, humorous) twist & turn. 

I know many appreciate your alert.  I fear it’s just a sign of ship’s differences or a new rule is coming into play?  My oj was part of CO but a number on my roll call enjoyed it in the LIdo or MDR and it was included in their HIA (it’s part of the reason some take HIA that don’t imbibe alcoholic drinks).

it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me and i hope it gets straightened out or HAL clarifies so everyone knows what they are walking into.

Thank you again for sharing.

On my recent Rotterdam cruise 12/3-15/2023--for the first part of the cruise fresh squeezed orange  was included at the gelato stand but until 10 AM only (had it several days and was never charged). Mid-cruise a different person was at the stand and said it was never included at any time. Asking a manager in food and beverage, she it was only included only at the beverage location inside the lido for breakfast hours only. Who knows if the policy changed mid-cruise. 

• Like 1

We were on the Rotterdam last January with the Have it all promotion. On several, and by that I mean SEVERAL' occasions we ordered OJ for breakfast in the MDR only to find out later in the day on our  in stateroom screen folio on the TV that we had been charged the $6 plus 18%. On each occasion, a trip to guest services would prove successful in removing the charge, citing a computer glitch and that it was being addressed. Possibly a way around this problem is to order a "virgin" mimosa which would be within the drink package pricing, but have your waiter leave out the prosecco!!!!!

• Haha 1