Emerald Princess - 23 Dec -Panama Canal full transit

mrell345

The only issue we had with the hop on hop off tour was as we were leaving the port we were in heavy traffic and could smell the muffler exaust of the cars and trucks.  I am 6 foot 4 and my knees were just shy of touching the seats in front so not jammed in. 

You could get off on the first stop if you wanted and take the walking tour of the old city (included) but we passed on this.

It was very hot and humid today.  Needed to bring water to drink.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

@mrell345

•  
  • I can't recall seeing a seeing eye dog notice on any of my cruises. I wonder what brought this on?

Not @mrell345, but I saw the dog today. It was a little yipper of a dog on a leash without a vest. Later I saw it strolled around in a little suitcase-like dog bag. I assume it's an ESA classified dog, because it wasn't harnessed and providing a visible service such as a guide dog, and wasn't vested as a service dog (which any service dog would be). (I didn't try to interact with it anyway; I wouldn't in any case.)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, friend of Eeyore said:

Not @mrell345, but I saw the dog today. It was a little yipper of a dog on a leash without a vest. Later I saw it strolled around in a little suitcase-like dog bag. I assume it's an ESA classified dog, because it wasn't harnessed and providing a visible service such as a guide dog, and wasn't vested as a service dog (which any service dog would be). (I didn't try to interact with it anyway; I wouldn't in any case.)

Thanks for sharing. The notice was for a "service dog" and not a "seeing eye dog" like I said. I apologize for any confusion. Your explanation is helpful. I wonder how long Princess has allowed ESAs and if their tolerance will spread to other cruise lines.

9 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing. The notice was for a "service dog" and not a "seeing eye dog" like I said. I apologize for any confusion. Your explanation is helpful. I wonder how long Princess has allowed ESAs and if their tolerance will spread to other cruise lines.

On my last cruise, early this month on Sky Princess, there was one (maybe two) service dogs onboard.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, friend of Eeyore said:

I’ve seen the yipper you are talking about and that one is definitely not a service dog

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SKCruiser007 said:

On my last cruise, early this month on Sky Princess, there was one (maybe two) service dogs onboard.

On a couple of cruises in the past year, we have seen a man on a Seegway, with a white, poodle looking dog in the basket. 🙂

2 hours ago, friend of Eeyore said:

I assume it's an ESA classified dog, because it wasn't harnessed and providing a visible service such as a guide dog, and wasn't vested as a service dog (which any service dog would be).

They wouldn't let me bring an Emotional Support Hippo onboard. I call Shenanigans!

(Call me insensitive but I'd chuck the dog and it's owner overboard.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, mrell345 said:

Here we go for the main event.  Entrance to the canal in front of us with Norwegian Gem leading the way this morning. 

Three ship day in the canal with Silver Nova coming in through the Pacific side. She’s just now approaching the Pedro Miguel Locks, so you’ll pass each other. That should be very cool.

Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Since the airlines have made it much more difficult to fly with a supposedly ESA dog we have seen a lot less in hotels, cruise ships, restaurants and airline terminals.  True service animals are definitely magnificent to observe but the fake ESA"s are just someone's pet that they cannot bear to leave at home and everyone else has to tolerate their annoyances.

• Like 7