"Free" Pizza on the Majestic Princess?

Teechur

Since Majestic doesn't have a pizza counter on the Lido Deck, is it possible to get pizza on the ship without paying a premium? (Besides "heat lamp pizza" at the buffet.)

We booked mini suites under the "Standard" fare without upgrade packages. I have read that Alfredos now carries a $15 upcharge and pizza delivery entails a fee.

TIA!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teechur said:

Since Majestic doesn't have a pizza counter on the Lido Deck, is it possible to get pizza on the ship without paying a premium? (Besides "heat lamp pizza" at the buffet.)

We booked mini suites under the "Standard" fare without upgrade packages. I have read that Alfredos now carries a $15 upcharge and pizza delivery entails a fee.

TIA!

The $15 upcharge is if you want the pre fixe 3 course menu. With Standard cruise fare, a visit to Alfredo’s, you can choose to order the $15 menu or ala carte where the non specialty pizzas should run $8.5 and I believe as of Dec 1, 2023 will also have an 18% gratuity added. Some Alfredo’s/Gigi’s have a few specialty pizzas priced at $12.

Ordering a pizza on Ocean Now previously was ‘free’, but I believe after August 2023, will show a fee of $8.50 plus gratuity.

• Like 1

I was on the Majestic for two weeks this June.  No other pizza aside from the buffet and Alfredo's.  The buffet pizza is usually cheese.  On the bright side, it was baked at Alfredo's and was kept in a hot box, so technically you are getting Alfredo's pizza.  Room Service pizza is $8.50, baked at Alfredo's, and is delivered to you in a box.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

It has been about ten years since we  last sailed with Princess. Am I reading this correctly?  Is there a now charge for the pizza bar that is that was typically located near the main swimming pool on (3) different ships in the past?

Discovery Princess 1/27/2024 is our next cruise. 

46 minutes ago, tamariadawn said:

It has been about ten years since we  last sailed with Princess. Am I reading this correctly?  Is there a now charge for the pizza bar that is that was typically located near the main swimming pool on (3) different ships in the past?

Discovery has pizza by pool- included.

1 hour ago, tamariadawn said:

I had a slice of the included lido deck pizza on the Discovery last month. It was fresh and delicious. They had 3 kinds to choose from. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, bronzey214 said:

No. The Majestic does not have a pizza bar near the main swimming pool. Pool pizza is still free.

But I thought they said Majestic does not have a pizza unless it is from Alfredos?

27 minutes ago, coops said:

But I thought they said Majestic does not have a pizza unless it is from Alfredos?

Where the pool/lido pizza place on other Royal class ships, on the Majestic it has a Noodle bar, so no lido/included pizza. You may find pizza in the buffet but very limited variety which is supposedly made at Alfredo’s, but i do not know for certain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have been on Majestic 3 times and no they don’t have a pizza bar near the pool. That area is taken up by a Noddle bar which is excellent by the way.  I suggest trying the buffet for take out pizza. Alfredos will charge you if you don’t have a package. 

Edited by DHP1

4 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

We just got off emerald which has pizza slices at no extra charge up by the pools, am I understanding that is not an option on the Royal class ships?

So far, only on the Majestic Princess. You do get a noodle bar instead which is worth a try and included in your fare. A venue not on any other Royal class ship.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

We just got off emerald which has pizza slices at no extra charge up by the pools, am I understanding that is not an option on the Royal class ships?

Incorrect.

Only Majestic does not have a Lido deck pizza spot.

All other current Princess ships, regardless of what class or style, has Slice/Prego on Lido deck with several pizza types, all included in fare. 

• Thanks 2

The Majestic was originally for the Asian cruise market.

Even though it is not sailing there, the noodle bar is so popular that they have kept this onboard in that space.

I WONDER, since the Majestic does not have the pool deck pizza, do they keep an ongoing selection available at the buffet?   

NOTE:  to others who might not be familiar,  the other difference between the Majestic and other ships is that there is no Sanctuary.  This forward space is a covered, enclosed open area.

Edited by Wishing on a star

2 hours ago, mrell345 said:

The Majestic wasn't built for the western market. It was supposed to go for the chinese market. Then came Covid.

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Even though it is not sailing there, the noodle bar is so popular that they have kept this onboard in that space.

Sounds good. Hope they keep the noodle bar and add pool deck pizza.

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

the other difference between the Majestic and other ships is that there is no Sanctuary.  This forward space is a covered, enclosed open area.

The place is called Hollywood Conservatory, and it's free of charge. And not very nice.

Oh wow I am looking at a 2025 cruise on the Majestic and had no idea they don't have Lido deck pizza! This is good to know, dk if we would use a noodle bar instead. There's nothing like grabbing a slice of pizza by the pool. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Who's on first? Majestic was designed for the Chinese market, so they don't have the poolside Slice pizza that other ships have, but a noodle bar instead, which is quite good, with a rotating list of specials. The free Slice pizza also has specials, and is quite good, especially if you wait until a fresh pie is right out of the oven. I don't know if they still do it, but I remember occasionally older ships with a Sabatani's instead of Alfredo's would open up for free lunch on some sea days, with pizza available. As others have said, ocean now delivery is a way to save on Alfredo's pizza, and there are ways to get paid venues for free/reduced, such as ordering gelato on MDR lunch days that comes from the pay gelato bar. 

@rj59, I recall a kinda recent thread from the Island where they did do Alfredo’s in Sabatini’s on a sea day, but it was considered Casual dining for a fee like on other ships and was not ‘included’ as in before casual dining was introduced.

At one time, I know I did this July 2023 last year, you could order pizza in the APP and it was no charge. As of August 2023 on Emerald, ordering pizza in the APP/Ocean Now shows a fee of $8.50, so that is gone.

It seems really short-sighted of Princess to charge for pizza, which we all know is inexpensive to prepare. Many cruisers will instead, go to the dining room for a sit-down, multicourse meal, which has to cost Princess much more. 

I will be cruising on the Majestic next, and I don't intend to pay for pizza (although my grandsons may change my mind, LOL)!

1 hour ago, Teechur said:

From what I've been reading on CC lately, it sounds like many people feel the same way I do and have stopped patronizing Alfredo's. 

Yes, many pictures have been posted showing Alfredo’s/Gigi’s quite empty.

As reported earlier, on Majestic you should be able to find no charge pizza in the buffet, limited varieties, or order whole pie for $8.50 in the APP or room service. Without a package, Ocean Now has one time activation fee of about $15 and room service call from your cabin with incur $5 fee each call.