A Second Diamond Gift and Letter?

Elaine5715

I made Diamond two years ago, got my Diamond gift and first Steakhouse Dinner letter.  About a month ago, I got another letter welcoming me as a Diamond with the free Steakhouse offer and another set of leather passport holder and luggage tags.  Glitch? I did use my first letter as a solo, not with a guest. Did other Diamonds get duplicates?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

I made Diamond two years ago, got my Diamond gift and first Steakhouse Dinner letter.  About a month ago, I got another letter welcoming me as a Diamond with the free Steakhouse offer and another set of leather passport holder and luggage tags.  Glitch? I did use my first letter as a solo, not with a guest. Did other Diamonds get duplicates?

Not us. First time I heard of something like that happening. 😎

• Like 1

I just got a second letter also, along with a passport holder and luggage tag.  My dd also got one.  I had used my dining offer on a previous cruise, but dd did not.  Will inquire onboard in January if my offer is valid.  

• Like 1

I never received either, so maybe I will get something. I turned Diamond back in 2019, but have only sailed Carnival once since then. I was saving my dinner to share with a friend. The plan was the Oct/2024 TP on the Panorama.

• Like 1

On our last cruise in November, my wife received the Diamond Gifts while on the cruise, but no letter.  However, we had already achieved Diamond status back in 2021 and had sailed an additional 100+ days since then, so receiving the additional gifts seemed strange.

Obviously, she wasn't the only one whose gifts were duplicated.

Garnett

I got the gift and free steakhouse letter also. I was Diamond a bunch of cruises ago. But I’m cruising solo for 3rd time with 2 others booked  but paying double so I kind of feel like I’m owed lol. I wonder if I make reservation and pay if they’ll reimburse me.????

1 hour ago, Crusin Karen said:

I got the gift and free steakhouse letter also. I was Diamond a bunch of cruises ago. But I’m cruising solo for 3rd time with 2 others booked  but paying double so I kind of feel like I’m owed lol. I wonder if I make reservation and pay if they’ll reimburse me.????

According to the letter, yes but when I tried that for my first Diamond Steakhouse dinner, they would not reimburse me.

16 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

According to the letter, yes but when I tried that for my first Diamond Steakhouse dinner, they would not reimburse me.

I’m goung on Venezia 1/6 and again 3/25. I’m going to take the letter and ask guest services.  Maybe I can use it 3/25. I know you have to pay for it when you make reservations. I’d want the first night for the free wine! 😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I’m goung on Venezia 1/6 and again 3/25. I’m going to take the letter and ask guest services.  Maybe I can use it 3/25. I know you have to pay for it when you make reservations. I’d want the first night for the free wine! 😊

You need the letter to turn in for the free dinners

10 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

You need the letter to turn in for the free dinners

I want to make the reservation pre cruise to be sure to have first  night. Just in case that night is booked. When you reserve you also have to pre-pay. So going to find out/make sure I’ll be re-imbursed. 

53 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

I want to make the reservation pre cruise to be sure to have first  night. Just in case that night is booked. When you reserve you also have to pre-pay. So going to find out/make sure I’ll be re-imbursed. 

Would you come back and update us if you were able to get reimbursed?  I am planning to use mine in May and it would be nice to set the reservation ahead of time

My husband and I have been Diamond for several years and last week we both received letters welcoming us to Diamond status and telling us we have free dinners, plus the luggage tags, etc.. We are going on a 7-day Legend cruise next Dec. and plan on using one letter one night and the other on another night at the steakouse. We had received letters soon after becoming Diamonds and received the free dinners offer plus red leather luggage tags and leather passport holders. We ditched the passport holders after we always had to remove the passports at embarkation.