New Princess App available

iamaqt2

Some progress is being made.  The proper color of medallion and status level is now showing on the next voyage in the new app (as opposed to a blue & white one for everyone).  And, the proper "onboard packages" for your next sailing are showing.  Now they need to give us the ability to see all our future cruises, not just the next one.  

11 minutes ago, etphonehome24 said:

Anyone have their excursions and spa appointments show up on “my journey”? Seems like it would make sense to include those there…

I have the same question as my excursions are also not showing up in "my journey."

23 minutes ago, Oilers rule said:

I have the same question as my excursions are also not showing up in "my journey."

There are separate tabs labeled spa and excursions   My spa appointments are showing there correctly 

On 1/6/2024 at 9:17 AM, kamelia said:

May have stumbled onto explanation for why future cruises were dropped from profile on new app: you can no longer access future cruises using the app once onboard, not even by logging in using booking number.  Went to OceanFront to ask why I cannot use the app to book my dining reservations for my May cruise.  Same Navigator, same obfuscation.  “Of course you can book them, you just have to go to the web version of the app.”  I couldn’t help myself, I looked him square in the eyes and asked, “so just how helpful is this app?”  As @SCX22 suggested, he immediately jumped to defense mode, saying that too many people were using the app to change their dining reservations and it messed up the booking system, so that’s why it’s no longer possible to access future cruises. 

FYI!  When we were on the Enchanted in December before new app came out I needed to see something in one of my future bookings & even then being onboard I could not see my future cruises & that was the old app. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

Thank you!  Now I see where I can access the web version! Never knew I could access Ocean Ready that way.  I logged in and got info entered for my DH so he has all green checks now.  But dining options not yet available.  I’ll check as we get closer.  But it’s nice to know there is another way to enter the info outside of the app!

Are you Platinum or Elite?  Do you have the Premier package?  Maybe we were able to because we are Platinum or because we have the Premier package.  Our cruise is this November.

19 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Are you Platinum or Elite?  Do you have the Premier package?  Maybe we were able to because we are Platinum or because we have the Premier package.  Our cruise is this November.

We are platinum and was able to make dining reservations (both MDR and Specialty) before final payment for an upcoming cruise (April 2024) but not for October 2025.  Plus package; but not Premier for both cruises.  I should add that the cruise in October 2025 is on the new Sun Princess.

Edited by mthomp5

47 minutes ago, memoak said:

There are separate tabs labeled spa and excursions   My spa appointments are showing there correctly 

Yes they show up correctly there. I think our question was whether they also show up on “my journey.” My dining reservations show up on the separate dining tab and on “my journey”, so I figured the spa appointments and excursions would too. Wasn’t sure if they were showing up for anyone else. 

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

It can for sure. Correctly managed scripts will strip these off when the form is submitted, along with the more uncommon leading spaces.

Well... We are speaking of the Princess app folks... 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have the new app installed and allows me to do everything except make a dining rez. We're 74 days out until our Panama Canal cruise on the Ruby. The app always shows 'can't load the content '. We're elite and have the premier package. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but still no luck. I've also changed my PC password. Any work arounds discovered?

21 minutes ago, spongerjoe said:

I have the new app installed and allows me to do everything except make a dining rez. We're 74 days out until our Panama Canal cruise on the Ruby. The app always shows 'can't load the content '. We're elite and have the premier package. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but still no luck. I've also changed my PC password. Any work arounds discovered?

“the new app installed and allows me to do everything” 

Lots of people are having Dining reservations problems. You have to wait until that comes available. In the meantime, Is your Loyalty correct (ie Elite)?  Can you select optional for Shoreside Transactions?  Does the App show your future cruises?  These are the ongoing problems people are having with the new App. Trusting an update will be coming out shortly. 

Edited by DHP1

10 minutes ago, spongerjoe said:

Did you try the web-based version? See instructions in post #803. I was able to order medallions that way. Unfortunately no luck with dining though. The dining options are grayed out so I can’t select anything.  In my situation, it might be because the ship isn’t in service yet. I was reading through the “Dine My Way” thread.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

It is a long ways away…but I decided to order our Medallions for home delivery for our October 2025 cruise…while I can still use the old app!  In green lane…with no credit card info for Shoreside.  

Couldn’t make dining reservations though.  Maybe too soon?

Didn’t know there was a web version for the app???

I ordered medallions for future cruises too through May 2025 on the old app.  Was able to make dining reservations for a cruise coming up real soon on the new app but I had to do it day by day, it wouldn't take request to book same time each day in MDR'S.  Was unable to book any specialty dinners as times available were too late for us.  We plan to check for availability when we board for an earlier seating at Crown Grill.

Edited by Cruisintimer
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, nazpaz said:

Now this is interesting.  We sail tomorrow.  Tonight, the new app no longer shows the Check In tab at all.  The first thing is "Boarding Pass" and it says "Green Lane."  

And I have never added the Shoreside payment method.

Screenshot_20240106_215012.jpg

Thanks. This answers my question. My old app has me stilllin green lane without putting credit card in for shoreside.

• Like 2

For what it's worth - Galveston boarding today:
  1. I never filled in the Shoreside payment information.
  2. Yesterday (Saturday) both the old and new apps showed us in the Green Lane.
  3. This morning the new app switched to showing us in the blue lane, the old app still showed Green.
  4. At boarding, no one asked to see anything about any of that.
  5. The only question was, do you have a medallion - if so, go to the Green Lane.
  6. Government security wanted to see our passports - although I imagine other ID would have worked.
  7. Once past that, Princess asked if we had medallions and then sent us to another Green Lane. Passports/Medallions again and then to the ship.
  8. Once aboard, after an hour or so, my new app stopped telling me to go to the Blue Lane and showed us aboard.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, spongerjoe said:

I had the same issue as I was trying to book same diningroom venue/same time every day option.  I instead booked day by day and was able to book nearly every day for the time we wanted.  Crown Grill was booked until last seatings so we will try as soon as we board.  Good luck!

Edited by Cruisintimer

7 minutes ago, nazpaz said:
For what it's worth - Galveston boarding today:
  1. I never filled in the Shoreside payment information.
  2. Yesterday (Saturday) both the old and new apps showed us in the Green Lane.
  3. This morning the new app switched to showing us in the blue lane, the old app still showed Green.
  4. At boarding, no one asked to see anything about any of that.
  5. The only question was, do you have a medallion - if so, go to the Green Lane.
  6. Government security wanted to see our passports - although I imagine other ID would have worked.
  7. Once past that, Princess asked if we had medallions and then sent us to another Green Lane. Passports/Medallions again and then to the ship.
  8. Once aboard, after an hour or so, my new app stopped telling me to go to the Blue Lane and showed us aboard.

Great info.  Have a great time!

I haven’t looked at this thread in a few days so not sure if anyone posted that it was fixed or their experience but I was 6 out of 7 because of shoreside and blue lane on the new app.  But this  morning before my cruise that all went away and I was green lane with a barcode in the new app. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

I can't see a travel summary so have nothing on the new app to show my paid transfer. We are 88 days out, does this come out later?

Transfers were never/are not shown in the app.  The transfers can be found in the Itinerary tab of your Cruise Personalizer and/or the Itinerary section of your Travel Summary.  Transfers will show as the first line item in both locations.  The transfers will also show as a line item in the Invoice section of your Travel Summary.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Transfers were never/are not shown in the app.  The transfers can be found in the Itinerary tab of your Cruise Personalizer and/or the Itinerary section of your Travel Summary.  Transfers will show as the first line item in both locations.  The transfers will also show as a line item in the Invoice section of your Travel Summary.

Makes you wonder why more info is not transferred to app if we are all supposed to use it

The new app thinks I'm underage.  When my girlfriend and I connected to MedallionNet once on board, the Princess Cruises App kicked us both out and said we needed to have our parents consent to using the app.  Took it to the Ocean Navigators and they created a ticket.  We both have no access to the Princess Cruises App and now have to use the old Medallion App.

Being in our mid-30s, we knew were on the young side for cruising Princess, and the new Princess Cruises App just validated that.

IMG_4510.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9