New Princess App available

iamaqt2

9 minutes ago, Btimmer said:

We're booked on the Regal departing 3/3/24 and on the Majestic on 4/6/24.  I can use the new APP to view and book items for the Regal, but I'm unable to view or access the Majestic cruise on the APP.  I can see my booking on a PC but not in the APP and I've tried all of the suggestions made above.

A semi related question is that I'm continually being prompted to register my account after registering it (on the PC).

No, do not register.  That will cause you problems.

The new App only shows your next cruise when you

login.

To see the next

cruise, the Majestic, login using the booking number for that cruise.  

image.thumb.jpeg.1df77d1c6adf705e3686427c62f8e0f2.jpeg

Edited by PacnGoNow

39 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No, do not register.  That will cause you problems.

The new App only shows your next cruise when you

login.

To see the next

cruise, the Majestic, login using the booking number for that cruise.  

image.thumb.jpeg.1df77d1c6adf705e3686427c62f8e0f2.jpeg

Thanks, that worked.  But it would be so much easier to just have all of the cruises populated in the APP.  I find that the HAL APP is much easier to use and does have immediate access to all booked and past voyages.

1 hour ago, Btimmer said:

Thanks, that worked.  But it would be so much easier to just have all of the cruises populated in the APP.  I find that the HAL APP is much easier to use and does have immediate access to all booked and past voyages.

Just like the old app. Sometimes newer isn't better.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JAT0303 said:

We boarded in Brisbane and they didn't have green or blue lanes.  The app and boarding pass said we were green lane so the 6/7 complete status didn't seem to affect the green lane designation.

Makes sense as the number of true Greens would be rather miniscule compared to the whole ship of guests.

On 12/27/2023 at 12:55 PM, Lanwood said:

Yeah, noticed prices up a bit yesterday when on the medallion app....

I guess we’ve figured out it is an IT issue.  Ships that have been sailing in Australia are showing the AUD prices even months later, when they should be back in USD.  Your itinerary has nothing to do with a sailing down under.  

I reported this a month ago.  So, buy your SD on the old app or on the website for the correct price, if yours is affected.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Btimmer said:

NP.  I’ve reported this to IT several times.  Not sure if this was an error, or their intended version of the new App.  It is a pain, when you have a lot of cruises to work on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2024 at 4:43 PM, Btimmer said:

But it would be so much easier to just have all of the cruises populated in the APP.

Maybe someday Princess will realize that we want to log into our account and see our cruises, not log into each individual cruise. Maybe. Someday.

17 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

NP.  I’ve reported this to IT several times.  Not sure if this was an error, or their intended version of the new App.  It is a pain, when you have a lot of cruises to work on.

I'm pretty sure they are planning to "fix" this... eventually. 

If you click on your profile icon... (bottom right) it displays a page wit your photo, loyalty status, and under that it says "My Voyages" (with an "s") but for me anyway, it only shows the current voyage... I believe this was how you accessed multiple voyages in the old app... Because it's "plural", I suspect it's either a bug, or planned to be put on that page eventually. 

Has anyone else had this problem ? My girlfriend got on the app first and went through everything, I can't find the cruise on my app and when I put in booking # it says it belongs to someone else. I've tried to put my credit card info on her app but says there's a problem.

1 hour ago, PE Cruisers said:

Has anyone else had this problem ? My girlfriend got on the app first and went through everything, I can't find the cruise on my app and when I put in booking # it says it belongs to someone else. I've tried to put my credit card info on her app but says there's a problem.

Nope.  Are you sure you're named as a passenger?  Maybe your GF is sending you a subtle message.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, PE Cruisers said:

What do you mean by "put in booking #"?.  Did you try logging in using Name, Birthdate, Booking Nbr?  Did you also try logging in this way to access the booking on Princess.com?

I pulled the trigger and booked a west coast cruise in October aboard the Ruby. So I deleted the old app and loaded the new one. So far it seems to be working just fine, and all our information transferred to it, we were green lane once I selected the medallions to be mailed to us before the cruise. 

With regards to the shoreside purchases, they are showing the card I used for our regular account on the last cruise. However, that card is no longer valid as it was hacked recently and disabled. But Princess doesn't know it and I'll just let them continue to believe that.

The app says I can book my dinner reservations but the only time available for all the days and locations is 5 PM. I guess I'll have to wait until final payment...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

I pulled the trigger and booked a west coast cruise in October aboard the Ruby. So I deleted the old app and loaded the new one. So far it seems to be working just fine, and all our information transferred to it, we were green lane once I selected the medallions to be mailed to us before the cruise. 

With regards to the shoreside purchases, they are showing the card I used for our regular account on the last cruise. However, that card is no longer valid as it was hacked recently and disabled. But Princess doesn't know it and I'll just let them continue to believe that.

The app says I can book my dinner reservations but the only time available for all the days and locations is 5 PM. I guess I'll have to wait until final payment...

Are you platinum, Elite, or suite? Otherwise, I believe you do have to wait until final payment is made. But also, if you book your dining reservations on the web version instead it works better.

Just booked on Enchanted for April cruise.  The app doesn't seem to be working correctly.  princess.com shows all my booking info, but the app says my booking isn't in the Medallion system yet.  Is there an IT or batching lag if you complete your booking on the weekend?

2 hours ago, Miss Melly said:

Just booked on Enchanted for April cruise.  The app doesn't seem to be working correctly.  princess.com shows all my booking info, but the app says my booking isn't in the Medallion system yet.  Is there an IT or batching lag if you complete your booking on the weekend?

Yes, it takes a day or two for the App to show a booking or a booking change.

3 hours ago, Goldenrosebags said:

Are you platinum, Elite, or suite? Otherwise, I believe you do have to wait until final payment is made. But also, if you book your dining reservations on the web version instead it works better.

No, we don't have status with them, this will be our 2nd cruise with Princess. But on our first trip this past December I was able to book all our dinner reservations well before our final payment. Perhaps I discovered a bug in the old medallion app?

10 hours ago, IndyKid said:

No, we don't have status with them, this will be our 2nd cruise with Princess. But on our first trip this past December I was able to book all our dinner reservations well before our final payment. Perhaps I discovered a bug in the old medallion app?

A bug in a Princess app? Oh no! How could that possibly be? 🤣

• Haha 5

I, again, was suckered into watching the blonde female youtuber. Title caught my attention.  I know better....so am coming here for verification.

She announced that as of February 1 (now past due), the OLD Medallion Class App would not be functional.  I did try to get in to app.  App opens, but spins and spins.  Not sure if that is my provider (documented elsewhere) or that Princess has truly discontinued OLD app.  

I do have the new app on one of my devices.  It seems to work most of the time.  I was finally liking the old app.  Why does Princess IT feel that newer is better?  rhetorical question.  No answer needed.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I do have the new app on one of my devices.  It seems to work most of the time.  I was finally liking the old app.  Why does Princess IT feel that newer is better?

Because it features "new and improved" bugs and glitches?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I, again, was suckered into watching the blonde female youtuber. Title caught my attention.  I know better....so am coming here for verification.

She announced that as of February 1 (now past due), the OLD Medallion Class App would not be functional.  I did try to get in to app.  App opens, but spins and spins.  Not sure if that is my provider (documented elsewhere) or that Princess has truly discontinued OLD app.  

I do have the new app on one of my devices.  It seems to work most of the time.  I was finally liking the old app.  Why does Princess IT feel that newer is better?  rhetorical question.  No answer needed.

Old app still works for me!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, IndyKid said:

You probably know this but just in case...you have tried scrolling the times on the App? Some time back I had 5pm come up as the initial time and I wasn't aware that you had to scroll to see other times.

23 minutes ago, leck57 said:

You probably know this but just in case...you have tried scrolling the times on the App? Some time back I had 5pm come up as the initial time and I wasn't aware that you had to scroll to see other times.

Thanks, I made the same mistake! It's not intuitively obvious when you're in the app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

On my iphone... the old (IOS - don't know about android) app still opens and shows my upcoming bookings.  Just tried it a few minutes ago... if that helps. 

So I've found at least one bug with the app, it doesn't recognize that we have the Premier package for our next sailing, and it's wanting to charge me when I try to reserve our 2 included specialty dining meals at Sabatini's & Crown Grill, I didn't have this issue with the old app. When I called Princess they even admitted it was a problem on their end, suggested I pay now and then hit them up aboard ship for a refund. Not thrilled about that...

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thanks for not posting the link.  😁

• Like 2