New Princess App available

iamaqt2

20 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Agree.  I thought you might be on to something.  But, with all our medallion cruises since 2018….we would not be NEW CRUISERS now.  Just such a flawed App.  Not much

testing done, again.

So sad.  They never seem to learn from the past.

• Like 3

I downloaded the update and now I can access my two scheduled cruises, one summer 2024 and one in summer 2025.

We haven't added a package for either cruise, however the app is showing that we have Princess Premier for our summer 2024 cruise. Anyone else seeing packages added or incorrect when using the app?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kiwimum said:

For some of us who need to track travels it is  a major step forward showing the complete itinerary.   Also seeing cabins we have been in previously takes the guess work out of future bookings.   Loyalty level in the app is nothing.   Ours have been wrong for a couple of years, correct for the launch of the new App and has now reverted to new guest.  The only thing to be concerned about is your Captain Circle account reflecting correct status.

The App only shows cruises post Medallion release.  If one really wanted to keep track, why not archive Booking Confirmation e-mails in a separate folder or save Travel Summaries as PDFS on to a flash drive or your own cloud drive?  Heck, I have paper cruise documents in banker boxes from all the cruises I've taken since the 1990s and early 2000s.

Still think it's a waste of server space and App memory.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

The App only shows cruises post Medallion release.  If one really wanted to keep track, why not archive Booking Confirmation e-mails in a separate folder or save Travel Summaries as PDFS on to a flash drive or your own cloud drive?  Heck, I have paper cruise documents in banker boxes from all the cruises I've taken since the 1990s and early 2000s.

I have kept a Paper folder on each cruise since we started in 2004.  Don't know why but a habit now. It is neat to see old pictures of the captains we've had at the MTGs.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

The App only shows cruises post Medallion release.

Actually, it only shows 2/3 of the cruises I've taken post Medallion release, and it appears to me that they are only those cruises on ships that were MedallionClass ready at the time of sailing.  What would be the logic in deciding to only include that subset of data in the app?  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

The website show me the year and ship of all cruises I don’t need to remember which cabin. Nowadays we book weirder Vista or Penthouse suites so we are pretty conversant about their  setups

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

I have kept a Paper folder on each cruise since we started in 2004.  Don't know why but a habit now. It is neat to see old pictures of the captains we've had at the MTGs.

I used to have some of those files as well, but they went to shredder when I last did a weeding of files.  I do have the most recent or special ones.  I have electronic copies of TS, OB Credits, OB Purchases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

The website show me the year and ship of all cruises I don’t need to remember which cabin. Nowadays we book weirder Vista or Penthouse suites so we are pretty conversant about their  setups

Should be either not weirder. Darn autofill 

• Haha 2

I just got back from the Regal.  The only time I used the app was to look at the deck plan to find out what floor I needed to go to.   Seriously,that is it.  All that stress about the new app for nothing.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

I downloaded the update and now I can access my two scheduled cruises, one summer 2024 and one in summer 2025.

We haven't added a package for either cruise, however the app is showing that we have Princess Premier for our summer 2024 cruise. Anyone else seeing packages added or incorrect when using the app?

Yeah mine is wrong. It's showing Premier when I know I only purchased Plus, and nothing at all where I purchased Premier. I'm choosing to trust that it won't matter once I'm onboard.

12 hours ago, 2and2 said:

I just got back from the Regal.  The only time I used the app was to look at the deck plan to find out what floor I needed to go to.   Seriously,that is it.  All that stress about the new app for nothing.

You don’t use it to find friends, check folio, look at menus ?  Those are the best functions for me

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Scirocco Breeze said:

Yeah mine is wrong. It's showing Premier when I know I only purchased Plus, and nothing at all where I purchased Premier. I'm choosing to trust that it won't matter once I'm onboard.

Just bring a screenshot of your personalizer   I do but have never needed it

• Like 1

21 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

I have folders on all our cruises back when we first started in 2007.

2 hours ago, memoak said:

You don’t use it to find friends, check folio, look at menus ?  Those are the best functions for me

I did check folio one time and I don't think a CPA could have figured out how much non-refundable credit I had. I had to go to the desk and even they had a hard time figuring it out.

• Haha 1

Got off the Sky Princess last early this month.

It was very clear to see what was refundable. There were two lines on the bottom of the folio showing refundable and non refundable balances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nasa1974 said:

I have folders on all our cruises back when we first started in 2007.

We didn't start cruising until 2011. My Cruise Docs folder has separate folders for every cruise we've taken. Heck, I even still have the folders for cruises that were cancelled due to C19. The folders have copies of the bookings, Travel Summaries, etc. It's not difficult and takes up a minimal amount of space. It's not like I have a 40 MB hard drive anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pilot said:

Got off the Sky Princess last early this month.

It was very clear to see what was refundable. There were two lines on the bottom of the folio showing refundable and non refundable balances.

That's what I thought, but that is not what it was. I would have owed them if I would not have gown  to the desk to verify what I really had.  Don't ask me how to read it.

On 2/22/2024 at 8:49 AM, PacnGoNow said:

Also, Jeanine.. you mentioned it was correct on the old App.  So, if that’s still the case…work off that App and request your ocean medallion for the first cruise, ship or pick up at port.  The 2nd cruise, order medallion as pick up at port.  

This just completes the process of checking in.

The only other thing you can do to straighten out the new App is call in and pick the option to speak to the ocean ready team and they can write up a ticket.  Hate to suggest a call in, but the only other option, if they won’t respond by email.  

If I were leaving soon, I’d just complete my check in on the old App, print my travel summaries for each cruise and go!  I wouldn’t even bother calling in, unless it’s for a cruise later in the year.

Maybe, maybe not?  What a PITA.

Let me know how it turns out.

Thanks for all your suggestions I had given it my last shot with emails and decided to H... with it I'd deal with it at the Terminal as I said in my last writing. Low & behold I thought I would check again this morning and wonder of wonders it now shows the correct ship, Ruby and the Hawaii cruise. I'll worry about the Apr 30th on Grand when I'm on the Ruby if it doesn't show up. It was interesting that no notification at all to any of my inquiries and when I went back to check my old app the whole old app had disappeared so I'm not touching anything now !!! Thanks again.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, victoriaj said:

Thanks for all your suggestions I had given it my last shot with emails and decided to H... with it I'd deal with it at the Terminal as I said in my last writing. Low & behold I thought I would check again this morning and wonder of wonders it now shows the correct ship, Ruby and the Hawaii cruise. I'll worry about the Apr 30th on Grand when I'm on the Ruby if it doesn't show up. It was interesting that no notification at all to any of my inquiries and when I went back to check my old app the whole old app had disappeared so I'm not touching anything now !!! Thanks again.

Glad it worked for you!  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

I have been looking at the Journal daily ship schedule for the past month as it gets updated closer to our March 6th cruise. It has been updated a couple of times. However, there are still no listings for the Movies Under the Stars. Based on experience, are those usually listed once you are onboard. Thanks in advance for any replies.