New Princess App available

iamaqt2

5 hours ago, Jetstreamer said:

Did you manage to get this sorted?

Same or similar issue here. When ordering medallions there is an extra "guest' medallion in the shopping cart (can't be removed) and when trying to confirm the order it just loops back to the cart. Tried app and web version and same result. Very frustrating!

Yes, I have chatted with customer support, but it could not be resolved right away since they don't have any additional tools to go around the problem. It has been escalated to IT, and about a week later I have received an Order Confirmation for my medallions. Order still listing an extra 'guest" with medallion and lanyard, and extra medallion under my name. No idea what they going to send me, but as long as I am getting our medallions, I'll be fine 😆.

6 hours ago, Jetstreamer said:

Did you manage to get this sorted?

Same or similar issue here. When ordering medallions there is an extra "guest' medallion in the shopping cart (can't be removed) and when trying to confirm the order it just loops back to the cart. Tried app and web version and same result. Very frustrating!

I'm having the same problem. No way to delete the "extra" Guest. I have tried different ways as well. 

9 hours ago, Nikkibird said:

I'm having the same problem. No way to delete the "extra" Guest. I have tried different ways as well. 

As long as that guest doesn’t get in your cart for excursions, you should be okay.🤪

It amazes me the amount of bugs and errors on this App.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

As long as that guest doesn’t get in your cart for excursions, you should be okay.🤪

It amazes me the amount of bugs and errors on this App.

What amazes me an absence of basic software functions. In this situation with medallions a missing "delete" button in the shopping cart. I was even afraid to accidentally add an expensive accessory and not been able to delete it 😂. Even customer support does not have additional functions to help frustrated customers. Customer service is not able to provide you with an escalation number as your proof of complaint to track an escalation. Such a basic customer's needs, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

MedallionClass was only implemented in late 2017…it’s still a work in progress for Padgett’s system & his crack IT team. 🤪

Hmmm... Are you sure you don't mean his IT team on Crack?

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Hmmm... Are you sure you don't mean his IT team on Crack?

🤣

Hopefully you’re not being affected by Butte County’s Thompson fire near Oroville & have not been required to evacuate. 🤞🔥

Edited by Astro Flyer

4 hours ago, trin880 said:

What amazes me an absence of basic software functions. In this situation with medallions a missing "delete" button in the shopping cart. I was even afraid to accidentally add an expensive accessory and not been able to delete it 😂.

My parents booked a B3B, 3 segments, sold as one cruise.  When they went to order their Medallions on the App, the App automatically added 3 Medallions and 3 lanyards for each of them.  How do I know?  This problem trickled down to me because they couldn't figure out what to do.  Well neither could I.  No way to delete the extra Medallions and lanyards.  I went ahead and placed the order for port pick-up any ways.  When my parents called me on said cruise, they told me that the check-in person was so confused because 3 Medallions were made for each of them, when they were only supposed to get one for all 3 segments.  It was less of a surprise for my parents because they new the App screwed up.  Waste of Princess' resources, but it was the App's fault.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

My parents booked a B3B, 3 segments, sold as one cruise.  When they went to order their Medallions on the App, the App automatically added 3 Medallions and 3 lanyards for each of them.  How do I know?  This problem trickled down to me because they couldn't figure out what to do.  Well neither could I.  No way to delete the extra Medallions and lanyards.  I went ahead and placed the order for port pick-up any ways.  When my parents called me on said cruise, they told me that the check-in person was so confused because 3 Medallions were made for each of them, when they were only supposed to get one for all 3 segments.  It was less of a surprise for my parents because they new the App screwed up.  Waste of Princess' resources, but it was the App's fault.

That’s crazy.  🤪  They were supposed to be working on 

the dining process not the medallion orders.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

🤣

Hopefully you’re not being affected by Butte County’s Thompson fire near Oroville & have not been required to evacuate. 🤞🔥

It's not good. We are 20 miles or so from the fire this time. Around 3,700 acres burned so far and around 28,000 people have been evacuated and many more are under orders to be prepared to evacuate. The really bad thing is that, while there is no official "cause" yet, I would bet it's another arson fire. They recently caught a woman near another fire that they fortunately got put out fairly quickly, who was carrying books of matches and two lighters.

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It's not good. We are 20 miles or so from the fire this time. Around 3,700 acres burned so far and around 28,000 people have been evacuated and many more are under orders to be prepared to evacuate. The really bad thing is that, while there is no official "cause" yet, I would bet it's another arson fire. They recently caught a woman near another fire that they fortunately got put out fairly quickly, who was carrying books of matches and two lighters.

Prayers for you guys.  Hope they can contain that fire.  
Best of luck.

12 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Stay safe & also your son. 🙏

Fires started by lightning strikes are an act of nature however when started by arsonists it’s inexcusable! 😡

21 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Keeping all of evacuees in thoughts and prayers too. My parents are in Colusa, and the only complaint that it has been incredibly hot.

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

🤣

I actually live in Oroville, but not near the fire. What I'm more nervous about is fireworks tonight. People in our neighborhood always shoot off lots of the great big, overhead display fireworks. I've not been a fan of this since we moved here, since it's in the hot, dry season. Do you suppose they might show some common sense and restraint this year? Naw. Probably not a chance.

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

I actually live in Oroville, but not near the fire. What I'm more nervous about is fireworks tonight. People in our neighborhood always shoot off lots of the great big, overhead display fireworks. I've not been a fan of this since we moved here, since it's in the hot, dry season. Do you suppose they might show some common sense and restraint this year? Naw. Probably not a chance.

Hopefully there’ll be no fires. 🤞 A couple of years ago on 4th of July kids playing with fireworks nearly torched our Maui home which destroyed 2 houses a couple of doors down from us. Fortunately the tradewinds blew it away from us after starting behind our neighbor’s house.

Be safe everyone! 

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Sadly, we have the same issue here. Every year on New Year's Eve and Independence Day I can stand in my back yard and watch mortars go off a block or so away. Even on non-holiday nights we sometimes hear very loud booms. It sounds like gunfire (yes, I know what gunfire sounds like and this doesn't sound like a .380 or 9mm. It's loud. I always hope it's a "boomer" type firecracker but I have no idea why it would happen at 12:30 at night.

Since we've been home from our son's house there has been a fairly steady barrage of what sounds like firecrackers, maybe M80s, and the distinctive sound of mortars. It's nuts. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love fireworks, firecrackers, big boomers, etc. but it's DRY here and there are a couple of big fires happening. People are so stupid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

Sadly, we have the same issue here. Every year on New Year's Eve and Independence Day I can stand in my back yard and watch mortars go off a block or so away. Even on non-holiday nights we sometimes hear very loud booms. It sounds like gunfire (yes, I know what gunfire sounds like and this doesn't sound like a .380 or 9mm. It's loud. I always hope it's a "boomer" type firecracker but I have no idea why it would happen at 12:30 at night.

Since we've been home from our son's house there has been a fairly steady barrage of what sounds like firecrackers, maybe M80s, and the distinctive sound of mortars. It's nuts. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love fireworks, firecrackers, big boomers, etc. but it's DRY here and there are a couple of big fires happening. People are so stupid.

Amazingly, we didn't hear a sound last night. First 4th since we moved here ten years ago. I'm also not at all anti-fireworks. Love the things. But it's concerning to see big rockets exploding pretty much over our house in the hot, dry season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobandLizM said:

I Really like the portion of the app shows all upcoming & completed cruises, especially the photos of the ships sailed on, stateroom numbers and the ports of call.  I tend to forget where I have been.

That is a nice feature, but it doesn’t show the ships that did not have OM.  That’s okay though.

It would be nice for them to correct all the errors on the current and future cruises we have booked, before the past ones!  JMO  😳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobandLizM said:

I Really like the portion of the app shows all upcoming & completed cruises, especially the photos of the ships sailed on, stateroom numbers and the ports of call.  I tend to forget where I have been.

I don't forget where I've been, but I sure do forget when and how many times. So, I have a spreadsheet. If spreadsheets disappeared from the universe, I have no idea how I could possibly carry on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I don't forget where I've been, but I sure do forget when and how many times. So, I have a spreadsheet. If spreadsheets disappeared from the universe, I have no idea how I could possibly carry on.

I used the Captain’s Circle/Circolo del Comandante Passport’s stickers until they were eliminated. Although I could still use the booklet without stickers to keep track of my cruises to more easily refresh my memory. ☺️

• Like 2