New Princess App available

iamaqt2

11 minutes ago, windsor08 said:

Here's my story - sad , but true.

(For what it's worth, I too have a Galaxy S10).  This is a cruise to celebrate my 70th birthday, and naturally we wanted to book dinner at Crown Grill for that night. The app kept showing no times available, both before and after final payment 2 weeks ago. I got Ocean Ready, and received confirmation emails for ordering medallions. Got green ticks all the way.

Meanwhile, Sabatinis appeared on Dine My Way, but not Crown Grill. Then neither. Then one glorious day Crown Grill (but no Sabatinis). I quickly went to reserve dinner for my birthday. Because I have Premiere package, I ticked the box and it applied $0 to the dinner reservation. Then when I confirmed the booking an error message popped up saying it couldn't process the $0.

Then I noticed the medallion ordering section had a red cross instead of the previous green. I went in to re-order medallions again, but this time I decided to personalise my medallion with a Birthday motif. I confirmed the selection, got confirmation that I paid USD 5 and another email. The red cross was now green again.

Several more attempts to book Crown Grill or Sabatinis failed, both with the app and the web version. After reading this board, I called Princess and spoke with customer service. He corrected my Ocean Ready status by reordering our medallions, which had reverted to red yet again. He also said they were phasing out medallion personalization. I checked my credit card, and the USD5 hadn't been charged to it. He couldn't book Crown Grill. It was showing no times available to him.

Later that day I went on the app and both Crown Grill and Sabatinis were available, but again my Premiere package included reservation wouldn't process because it was $0. I called Princess again, and the Ocean Ready person made the reservation I wanted for me. Fantastic - there it was on the reservation list.

Later I was checking my credit card and I had been charged AUD126 for the reservation. Next day I called Ocean Ready again. The lady said the best way was to get the AUD126 refunded was to cancel the dinner reservation and then re-book it as part of the included specialty dinners. She cancelled the dinner reservation for me, but then got the same error I received when trying to make the reservation again. After a long wait I was told because my wife and I use the same email address for our booking, this is causing all the problems. We changed my wife's booking to another email address (after going through Princess security), and then Ocean Ready made another attempt to make my birthday dinner reservation. It still wouldn't work for them. 

I was then told a ticket would be created to resolve the issue. Meantime, I still don't have the dinner reservation. And when I checked my credit card, I found that there were now three lots of AUD126 charged to the card (the AUD378 has since been repaid). I am still waiting for the next exciting installment.  

From my experience I would keep calling ocean ready as I was told that a ticket had been put in repeatedly but only to find out they had not. I was finally put through to someone in higher support who actually put in a ticket and after 5 days the app finally worked. 

hope you get it sorted so you can enjoy a nice birthday dinner!

Is anyone else getting an error message when they try to edit their dinner reservations? I’m feeling frustrated as i’ve tried on iPad and phone and it doesn’t work this morning. I’m really worried about using the app on the ship as it seems unreliable.

On 8/11/2024 at 6:30 PM, Thrak said:

.......she said, "Maybe we should check for a drop and go or something for Hawaii". Naturally I replied with, "Yes, Dear".

I'd like to hear that line in our house more often (replace with whatever destination).  LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2024 at 6:30 PM, Thrak said:

I waited a few minutes for the confirmation email and then checked to see if it showed online. Yep, it was there so I fired up the app and checked there. Yep again. I breezed through the info on the app and had zero issues so we are now both Green Lane for the cruise and the Medallion order is complete and they will be shipped to our home.

I know people are saying the app is horrid and doesn't work and all that stuph (sic) but I had zero issues setting up this cruise. This was done on a Samsung Galaxy S10e - a phone from 2019 that is no longer manufactured. Samsung no longer issues updates for the device as it's too old. Heck, you can get one "renewed" on Amazon for maybe $15 brand new on Amazon for maybe $250 so it's not some snazzy new device that allows me to use the app.

This is encouraging.  I'd like to believe the App is getting better.  I think I will get around to a mock booking just to play with the App again.  I can always cancel as long as not picking a D'n'G voyage.

37 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This is encouraging.  I'd like to believe the App is getting better.  I think I will get around to a mock booking just to play with the App again.  I can always cancel as long as not picking a D'n'G voyage.

34 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I noticed they stopped explaining what bugs are supposedly fixed quite some time ago.

They need a can of Raid to kill all of the bugs in their system & app.

I’ve been very fortunate to have no issues with the current version of the app. Although reading about the problems others are experiencing even completing basic tasks, it’s still a work in progress nearly 7 years after MedallionClass’ implementation…what an embarrassment for JP & his system.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

what an embarrassment for JP & his system.

I sincerely doubt JP has the capacity to be embarrassed by anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was still getting the phantom extra person when I tried to order medallions yesterday. Never got around to calling Princess and wasn't in a rush because my cruise is in October. When I saw that there was an upgrade I downloaded it. I have an android phone. Phantom extra person disappeared and I was able to order our medallions. Now, it wasn't without some difficulty but it did go through and I got the email confirming it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

this sounds like a good idea pre cruise but what about on the cruise?   are the staff available for changes?      The last thing I want to do on vacation is have to carry a phone around.   I put it in the safe for the duration of the cruise.

28 minutes ago, beagle25 said:

this sounds like a good idea pre cruise but what about on the cruise?   are the staff available for changes?      The last thing I want to do on vacation is have to carry a phone around.   I put it in the safe for the duration of the cruise.

Guests who are going to ignore/shun the Princess technology and App on board will have to deal with Guest Services or venue managers to handle matters.  At least this seems the default situation to me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I wish these records were being reflected in the CCL stock price.

Perhaps they are?    PE for princess is higher than NCL and RCL (21 vs ~16).   Further, ROCE is ~6%.  Better than NCL, but behind RCL.   Some stockbroker would need to comment if this is responsible for the low share price or not.... and while I prefer higher stock price, in the end - I am holding shares mainly for shareholder credit.

7 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

I had a problem with the app this morning too, it has lost my dining reservations for upcoming cruise and says I can't make them as not platinum (I am), but it got better later.

They are probably trying to run updates today and this weekend.  I’d try later or on Monday.  

• Like 1

Hi. Please be gentle.Its been a morning and I'm just about ready to throw tablet through window. Trying to get into  medallion app as I cannot find info on my booking etc online. I'm platinum on Princess booked to bring my own wheelchair onto ship via TA. Completed assistance form and booked plus . So.... I cannot see any of this detail on my booking on princess.com and my TA just says it's all booked. I have confirmation of room number status and princess plus on my invoice but nothing re wheelchair and assistance form. On Booking on Princess it offers me chance to book plus.I already have it. I've downloaded medallion app. It won't let me in. Says data incorrect . Tried registering but tells me I've already registered. Help,!

You aren't alone.  I had my partner download the app this weekend.  He didn't want to sign up, so entered the booking number.  Got all checked in.  

THEN the app kicked him out.   He signed up this time, so he didn't have to memorize the booking number.    Added the cruise booking, and now it doesn't show up!  It said it was added, can't readd it, and not there.

For me, still have the medallion issue.  Now I'm up to 9 items in my cart, and it never goes through.   I give up until there's an update, or my cruise happens, whichever comes first.

(at least we're checked in)

On 8/26/2024 at 5:29 AM, cruisingiscool said:

Hi. Please be gentle.Its been a morning and I'm just about ready to throw tablet through window. Trying to get into  medallion app as I cannot find info on my booking etc online. I'm platinum on Princess booked to bring my own wheelchair onto ship via TA. Completed assistance form and booked plus . So.... I cannot see any of this detail on my booking on princess.com and my TA just says it's all booked. I have confirmation of room number status and princess plus on my invoice but nothing re wheelchair and assistance form. On Booking on Princess it offers me chance to book plus.I already have it. I've downloaded medallion app. It won't let me in. Says data incorrect . Tried registering but tells me I've already registered. Help,!

I will address the wheelchair part.  We, for the first time, brought our own wheelchair.  I filled out the forms and never heard anything back.  When we showed up at the cabin, the stewardess said she did not receive notice we had a wheelchair.  No problem.  It did not affect her or her job in anyway.  The ship did provide helpers to push up and down the gangway.  I could not have done it without them.  Don't worry if you do not hear back regarding taking your own wheelchair.

16 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

I will address the wheelchair part.  We, for the first time, brought our own wheelchair.  I filled out the forms and never heard anything back.  When we showed up at the cabin, the stewardess said she did not receive notice we had a wheelchair.  No problem.  It did not affect her or her job in anyway.  The ship did provide helpers to push up and down the gangway.  I could not have done it without them.  Don't worry if you do not hear back regarding taking your own wheelchair.

Thankyou for your advice. It's daunting being first time on a cruise with wheelchair and DH not being fully able himself. I take comfort re helpers pushing me up and down the gangway. One less thing to worry about.

• Like 1

Just now, cruisingiscool said:

Thankyou for your advice. It's daunting being first time on a cruise with wheelchair and DH not being fully able himself. I take comfort re helpers pushing me up and down the gangway. One less thing to worry about.

The biggest pain is if you want to eat breakfast and lunch in the Main Dining Room.  The open MDR is the deck 6 aft.  Depending on your cabin location, you have to take an elevator to deck 7; walk the deck to the aft elevators; take elevator to deck 6.  Repeat to return to your room.  I complained.  Why not use a front dining room?  Corporate decision.  After that a waiter always pushed the wheelchair to the table.  Every little bit helps.  They told me to travel the length of Deck 9 to the aft elevators.  I told them I could not get past the housekeeping carts.  After that the housekeeping cart always in our way to get to the forward elevators was parked in a doorway instead of the middle of the walkway.  Taking a wheelchair can't be all bad because we are booked on another Princess cruise!  Ask for help and you will get it.  They actually offered to send someone to the cabin to push the wheelchair to the dining room.  I figure the exercise is doing me good.  I can justify eating dessert.

5 hours ago, HotRoot said:

The biggest pain is if you want to eat breakfast and lunch in the Main Dining Room.  The open MDR is the deck 6 aft.  Depending on your cabin location, you have to take an elevator to deck 7; walk the deck to the aft elevators; take elevator to deck 6.  Repeat to return to your room.  I complained.  Why not use a front dining room?  Corporate decision.  After that a waiter always pushed the wheelchair to the table.  Every little bit helps.  They told me to travel the length of Deck 9 to the aft elevators.  I told them I could not get past the housekeeping carts.  After that the housekeeping cart always in our way to get to the forward elevators was parked in a doorway instead of the middle of the walkway.  Taking a wheelchair can't be all bad because we are booked on another Princess cruise!  Ask for help and you will get it.  They actually offered to send someone to the cabin to push the wheelchair to the dining room.  I figure the exercise is doing me good.  I can justify eating dessert.

They don’t use the mid ship deck 6 dining room for breakfast or lunch because that is where Reserve Class is and when people come to breakfast and find a line they try and talk their way into Reserve class area. It makes it very hard on the restaurant managers. We even see arguments at dinner with people saying they have a reservation and an argument ensues. They should never have changed the name from club class