Changing rooms

yconeal

When I originally booked the cruise there weren’t any connecting rooms available but now I see that there are.  Can I call & request connecting rooms?  Or will I be charged a bunch of change fees? I’m paid in full, cruise is in February.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yconeal said:

When I originally booked the cruise there weren’t any connecting rooms available but now I see that there are.  Can I call & request connecting rooms?  Or will I be charged a bunch of change fees? I’m paid in full, cruise is in February.

Usually carnivals rule is you can go sideways to the same category no charge, or upgrade. Cant downgrade. I dont see lots of threads about this lately maybe because prices keep going up.

When you do a mock booking is the category exactly the same as what youn booked? Is the new category higher, you can usually pay the difference and be moved. 

Too much unknown to be more specific.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Usually carnivals rule is you can go sideways to the same category no charge, or upgrade. Cant downgrade. I dont see lots of threads about this lately maybe because prices keep going up.

When you do a mock booking is the category exactly the same as what youn booked? Is the new category higher, you can usually pay the difference and be moved. 

Too much unknown to be more specific.

This is exactly what happened for me within the last couple of weeks. I changed rooms on two cruises, one was side to side same category with no extra charge, the second was an upgrade to a suite and I paid the difference to the current price. 

23 minutes ago, yconeal said:

There is zero risk in calling and asking.  That is what I would do.     

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yconeal said:

I wish I would’ve booked that route.  This is my first cruise and I’m learning there’s a lot of stuff I’m clueless about.

Call Carnival and ask for one to be assigned.  You can also go to the Book of Face and search for Carnival groups.  Those groups will have recommendations.

I had a connecting room for my upcoming cruise, but wanted one that was not. I saw one came available this weekend, same floor, same category. It was to late on a weekend to call my PVP, so I just called Carnival and they switched it for me, very quickly, no problem, no fees.