Booking rules for suites that holds more than 4

I have my family of 4 booked in a 2 BR aqua theater suite. This cabin has a max capacity of 8. It looks like we will be taking 2 more with us for a total of 6. This is for a June sailing.  A few questions. 

1. Will this require an additional deposit and if so, due to capacity limits, would it be too risky to wait until final payment? 

2. Is the cancellation penalty schedule the same for passengers 5 and 6? 

3. I understand that the pricing for passengers 5-6 will be the same as 3 and 4. Is that still correct? If that’s the case then it’s actually cheaper to put these 2 in a star class suite with us than it would be to book another inside cabin. 

I am no help here, other than to say that there is a big drawback to putting people in an inside cabin instead of your cabin.  They would not have access to your star class amenities such as the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  Star Class is basically all inclusive and the others would only be in a standard cabin with nothing.  Hope someone can answer your questions.    

29 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

I have my family of 4 booked in a 2 BR aqua theater suite. This cabin has a max capacity of 8. It looks like we will be taking 2 more with us for a total of 6. This is for a June sailing.  A few questions. 

1. Will this require an additional deposit and if so, due to capacity limits, would it be too risky to wait until final payment? 

3. I understand that the pricing for passengers 5-6 will be the same as 3 and 4. Is that still correct? If that’s the case then it’s actually cheaper to put these 2 in a star class suite with us than it would be to book another inside cabin. 

1. ALWAYS risky. If the lifeboats are at capacity for your suite's muster station, there is no adding people. If they are going, add them now and pay whatever the deposit is.

2. I'd imagine so.

3. No clue here.

Definitely don't wait. By final payment muster stations will be full. I've heard plenty of stories of people trying to add someone and being told no due to muster stations being at capacity . If muster station is at capacity that means number of life boat seats are accounted for. Not worth waiting and being denied.

1 hour ago, Dan83 said:

The deposit is per person not per cabin so on a 7 day cruisevthe deposit fir 6 will be $1500 or 10% of the cruise fare whichever is higher. 

The cancellation policy is different for guests 3 through 6 and generally penalties do not apply until the 100% stage.

All passengers over the first 2 guests will pay the same rate. 

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

1. ALWAYS risky. If the lifeboats are at capacity for your suite's muster station, there is no adding people. If they are going, add them now and pay whatever the deposit is.

THIS! I had the scare of my cruise life last month when I went to add our 4th person for the cruise I'm on right now, and was told that RCI was denying any additional guests. They weren't even waitlisting anyone. By some miracle my TA was able to sort it out and the 4th guest was eventually added, but let me tell you, it is absolutely not worth the disappointment and panic. Just book the 5th and 6th guest for peace of mind.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The deposit is per person not per cabin so on a 7 day cruisevthe deposit fir 6 will be $1500 or 10% of the cruise fare whichever is higher. 

The cancellation policy is different for guests 3 through 6 and generally penalties do not apply until the 100% stage.

Thanks! I’ll send an email to the world’s best TA 😉 next week to get those 2 extra guests added to the reservation. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dan83 said:

Thanks! I’ll send an email to the world’s best TA 😉 next week to get those 2 extra guests added to the reservation. 

The two additional guests will have a different reservation number because the RC booking system can only put four people on a reservation. Since your TA is the world's best they will surely link the reservations, but double check they do get linked because this will keep everyone together for dining arrangements and reservations. 

Sounds like others have addressed 1 & 2 - to point 3, yes and it's WAY cheaper to add them to your room than it is to book separately and then factor in drinks/dining and lack of ability for the genie to do anything for them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dan83 said:

I can only answer 3. and only how it was for our booking in March this year in star class.
Passengers 1 and 2 are me and my wife. 3 and 4 our children (6 and 9 years old). Then later on we booked an additional person 29 years old and he pays the same as the children. I found it strange as a 29 year old would probably eat more and drink alcohol and in general probably consume more then the children. But his price was the same as for the children.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ckruetze said:

I can only answer 3. and only how it was for our booking in March this year in star class.
Passengers 1 and 2 are me and my wife. 3 and 4 our children (6 and 9 years old). Then later on we booked an additional person 29 years old and he pays the same as the children. I found it strange as a 29 year old would probably eat more and drink alcohol and in general probably consume more then the children. But his price was the same as for the children.

Passengers number 3 and above pay the same rate regardless of age unless there is an applicable KSF promo then kids 12 and under will be free except the taxes. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I am in this situation myself. We booked our 20 somethings in our ATS hoping they can join us. If they cannot, what is the cancellation policy for them? Thanks very much!

3 hours ago, kellyco said:

I am in this situation myself. We booked our 20 somethings in our ATS hoping they can join us. If they cannot, what is the cancellation policy for them? Thanks very much!

Call to confirm but in the past I have been able to cancel guests 3 and above as long as the cruise was not in the 100% penalty phase (within 30 days of sailing) for a full refund 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call to confirm but in the past I have been able to cancel guests 3 and above as long as the cruise was not in the 100% penalty phase (within 30 days of sailing) for a full refund 

Thanks very much! I will do that. And to those who questioned if there was any additional deposit required, I did not have to give any more to add my kids after our initial booking.