Disappointed on Silver Nova.

joutvs

2 hours ago, mchell810 said:

I can't say for Muse; however, I was on the Dawn just a couple weeks ago and the menus were also very limited.  It was disappointing.

Hard to believe of all cruise ships sailing SS would be the only ones with out Soup, Salad or a Pasta dish in their main dining room dinner menu I think the Silver in Silver Sea is starting to tarnish

On the Spirit in May have concerns!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, etual324 said:

Hard to believe of all cruise ships sailing SS would be the only ones with out Soup, Salad or a Pasta dish in their main dining room dinner menu I think the Silver in Silver Sea is starting to tarnish

Same here.  Onboard in May for the Monaco F1 sailing.  At least it’s very port intensive and we’ll be busy.  Bought the apartment terrace 2-day race package and I’m hoping SS can execute.

33 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Same here.  Onboard in May for the Monaco F1 sailing.  At least it’s very port intensive and we’ll be busy.  Bought the apartment terrace 2-day race package and I’m hoping SS can execute.

We board in Venice off in Barcelona

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 7:37 AM, ak1004 said:

If I sailed based on the reviews, I would stay home for the rest of my life..

The only opinion that matters is yours. Some of the reviews are so absurd and ridiculous. 

True.  IMO, based on and limited to food quality matched with decent service it is either Crystal or Explora, followed by stay at home in today's market.  Neither SB or SS have offered a competitive product for quite some time.  Currently on Quest and it will go down as a "we had a good time anyway" cruise.  Which by far beats the last SB experience. 

Though tonight on the Muse the first two courses have been reminiscent of the pre COVID days. The service has been excellent.

So started with foie gras and then the tomato soup from the every day menu.IMG_8087.thumb.jpeg.b33b9f09a5336aa3c152f332ca6bf7c2.jpeg

IMG_8088.thumb.jpeg.aa85d075249475248c381316758237f7.jpeg

5 hours ago, saminina said:

True.  IMO, based on and limited to food quality matched with decent service it is either Crystal or Explora, followed by stay at home in today's market.  Neither SB or SS have offered a competitive product for quite some time.  Currently on Quest and it will go down as a "we had a good time anyway" cruise.  Which by far beats the last SB experience. 

Matter of expectations I guess..

While not any of my cruises has been absolutely perfect, I've had a wonderful time on all of them. We always embarked with the attitude that we would have a good time and we always did. 

I know I'll be well taken care of, see lots of interesting sights, and not have to worry about cooking or cleaning up after myself. If we miss a port for some reason, that's a risk one takes going on a ship as opposed to a land trip.  

Some of those reviews just make me laugh. People don't appreciate what they have.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Sorry, but the foie gras dish looks horrid - is it covered with caviar, or just burnt?

It's a berry compote on it. They actually went together well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2024 at 1:21 PM, sea bright said:

We had the same abbreviated Atlantide menu on the Nova in January /February as well as a much more abbreviated La Terrazza menu, (which we really hated). We were told the menus were specific to the Nova, but I guess they are rolling them out on the other ships. Is the La Terrazza menu on the Muse similarly reduced?

Most certainly not unique to the Nova. We were on Dawn earlier this month and the menus on both restaurants you refer to have been significantly reduced. In addition we have noted a material reduction in the quality of some/many of the raw ingredients. Only this afternoon I have been going through this with my TA.

IMHO there is a very significant cost cutting drive taking place within Silversea/RCI. Not a good sign.  

• Like 3

We felt the food on the Nova in Jan/Feb was a HUGE step down from our Sept/Oct cruise on the Dawn. We were hoping the obvious cost cutting was limited to the Nova, which we will not sail again.  Machotspur, your experience and similar posts are very concerning. We're boarding the Muse May 1 for a back to back. I really hope the food will better than what we had on the Nova!

The rest of my meal last night was also of good quality. I had the strip loin with caramelised roasted vegetables and Yorkshire pudding. Each element was very good.

IMG_8089.thumb.jpeg.8e07da72850f3f5c1129310dd873d215.jpeg

I decided to try dessert for the first time this cruise and the apple crumble was well executed.

IMG_8091.thumb.jpeg.43f4302514c6755581281ae78171e0bf.jpeg

This was the first meal I have had since Covid that was of the quality of pre COVID meals. I hope this continues.

• Like 3

On 3/21/2024 at 1:32 AM, etual324 said:

Don’t forget the waffles! 😀