Miami hotels with Airport & Cruise Port shuttles?

tizbo1423

Hi all- looking for recommendations for a hotel that provides both an airport shuttle from MIA to their hotel, and a cruise shuttle from the hotel to the port. Downtown Miami would be ideal (if it exists) so we can walk to dinner the night before, has anyone stayed in a hotel that offers both?

Posted (edited)

Don't look for shuttles. Miami is a rather small city geographically. You are right, you want a hotel in Downtown or Brickell. But nothing there will have an airport shuttle, and most airports hotels ( I don't know of any) have a port shuttle. And most hotels in Downtown/Brickell also don't have any port shuttles unless they are paid for. Even the paid for are usually more expensive than just getting a rideshare. 

If you want to enjoy an evening in Miami. Book a hotel in Downtown/Brickell. Just take a taxi/rideshare to Downtown Brickell, it is a 20-35 minute drive depending on traffic and cost around $30-$45. Then for the cruise you have a $10-$15 taxi/rideshare ride to the port 10-15 mins. 

To save maybe $60.00 I don't think it is worth it to be restricted to shuttle hotels, especially since none will have a free shuttle to/from both spots. 

Brickell is the better option, though Downtown is good as well. Hampton Inn Brickell is a popular value hotel compared to others and in a great location. Lots of hotel options depending on budget. 

Edited by Flymia

13 minutes ago, Flymia said:

Don't look for shuttles. Miami is a rather small city geographically. You are right, you want a hotel in Downtown or Brickell. But nothing there will have an airport shuttle, and most airports hotels ( I don't know of any) have a port shuttle. And most hotels in Downtown/Brickell also don't have any port shuttles unless they are paid for. Even the paid for are usually more expensive than just getting a rideshare. 

If you want to enjoy an evening in Miami. Book a hotel in Downtown/Brickell. Just take a taxi/rideshare to Downtown Brickell, it is a 20-35 minute drive depending on traffic and cost around $30-$45. Then for the cruise you have a $10-$15 taxi/rideshare ride to the port 10-15 mins. 

To save maybe $60.00 I don't think it is worth it to be restricted to shuttle hotels, especially since none will have a free shuttle to/from both spots. 

Brickell is the better option, though Downtown is good as well. Hampton Inn Brickell is a popular value hotel compared to others and in a great location. Lots of hotel options depending on budget. 

Thanks! Looking for shuttles since we are traveling with a toddler who typically uses a car seat and we won't be able to get an Uber/Lyft with a car seat. Not sure if the rules are any different for taxi's, but I would imagine not. 

42 minutes ago, tizbo1423 said:

Thanks! Looking for shuttles since we are traveling with a toddler who typically uses a car seat and we won't be able to get an Uber/Lyft with a car seat. Not sure if the rules are any different for taxi's, but I would imagine not. 

If  you're flying, airlines allow a car seat as a free item of checked baggage.

Hampton Blue Lagoon offers a free shuttle from MIA to their hotel...they might offer a fee shuttle from hotel to POM. Check directly with them.

On 1/3/2024 at 11:24 AM, Ashland said:

Hampton Blue Lagoon offers a free shuttle from MIA to their hotel...they might offer a fee shuttle from hotel to POM. Check directly with them.

We have stayed at Hampton Inn Blue lagoon two or three times a year pre-cruise.  Yes, they have a free shuttle from the airport.  Then, once you check in, you can sign up for the shuttle to Port of Miami for $10 per person.  They usually have two or three times to choose from.   You could call their front desk for details.

It's located across the street from a Publix and several other stores.   We have found this location very convenient pre-cruise. 

4 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

We have stayed at Hampton Inn Blue lagoon two or three times a year pre-cruise.  Yes, they have a free shuttle from the airport.  Then, once you check in, you can sign up for the shuttle to Port of Miami for $10 per person.  They usually have two or three times to choose from.   You could call their front desk for details.

It's located across the street from a Publix and several other stores.   We have found this location very convenient pre-cruise. 

Yes, and why we opted for this hotel for our one night pre-cruise next month and again for our extended family group in May.

• Like 1

We always stay at doubletree brickell which shares a huge lobby/mall with Marriott, there are several restaurants and bars , stores including a liquor store in same building. Love waking up and seeing our ship from the balcony.

41 minutes ago, George C said:

We always stay at doubletree brickell which shares a huge lobby/mall with Marriott, there are several restaurants and bars , stores including a liquor store in same building. Love waking up and seeing our ship from the balcony.

Would that be the Doubletree Biscayne Bay?

Do you book a Junior Suite?

What's your recommended restaurant for dinner and breakfast?

We've been trying to decide between the Doubletree and the Hampton Inn at Blue Lagoon.

2 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Would that be the Doubletree Biscayne Bay?

Do you book a Junior Suite?

What's your recommended restaurant for dinner and breakfast?

We've been trying to decide between the Doubletree and the Hampton Inn at Blue Lagoon.

We did book a junior suite with points 😁, there is a Italian restaurant that serves a very nice breakfast just a few feet from doubletree elevators, there are others also , we had a nice dinner at a Japanese restaurant also in lobby area , the Italian restaurant has good food and pizza also and there is a bar area with pub food and I believe there is a steak restaurant. One time they upgraded us to a 3 bedroom two bath suite. I like that we can go to multiple restaurants and not walk outside. On weekends one of the restaurants had live music . Yes it’s the biscayne bay location. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 1:17 PM, George C said:

We did book a junior suite with points 😁, there is a Italian restaurant that serves a very nice breakfast just a few feet from doubletree elevators, there are others also , we had a nice dinner at a Japanese restaurant also in lobby area , the Italian restaurant has good food and pizza also and there is a bar area with pub food and I believe there is a steak restaurant. One time they upgraded us to a 3 bedroom two bath suite. I like that we can go to multiple restaurants and not walk outside. On weekends one of the restaurants had live music . Yes it’s the biscayne bay location. 

I have stayed at the Marriott next door and I did like that hotel sometimes those two get pricy. I did like the Italian restaurant 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, detroitlions said:

I have stayed at the Marriott next door and I did like that hotel sometimes those two get pricy. I did like the Italian restaurant 

We do 70’s music cruises on a recent one singer Leo Sayer was at that Marriott