Has anyone stayed in a Central Park View Cabin?

Never booked this type of cabin, as a matter of fact, this April will be our first RCCL Cruise. I would imagine that they would take some steps to sound proof the cabin of that type, still, you will likely have a lot of traffic below and may hear some noise, not sure about any noise from crew maintenance in the area overnight, just my thoughts, would also be interested in hearing from one who has booked this type.

Posted (edited)

I have booked a Central Park balcony several times and don't hear noise. In fact, I am going on Symphony this Sunday and have this cabin booked. I enjoy sitting on the balcony, especially at night. It is very pleasant and not noisy.  On Oasis class ships, I now only book CP balcony cabins.

Not all cabins are over a shop or restaurant. Many locations to choose from.

Edited by WELDON
  • Like 2

We have booked Central Park cabins on Oasis class ships many times, and we love them!  As previously said, it is very nice to sit on the balcony at night and listen to the classical music playing in the park below.  Our recent cabin on Oasis in December, 11229 has one of the extra-wide balconies, so that was a bonus.  We did not find this cabin to be noisy, although it was right next to a service room.  Highly recommend!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We've taken this type of cabin a few times. 

Generally, no noise from ship stores or restaurants.  Occasionally, a large crowd will meet at Trellis Bar and become loud (Doesn't happen often). 

If the balcony doors are closed, it is fine. If they are open, or you are on the balcony in the late afternoon, we hear loud music/noise from the pool deck band or pool games.  

There is nice music in central park at night, but we are rarely in the cabin when it is scheduled.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

We had the Central Park view cabins on deck 9, they were great.  I didn't notice any noise and the window seat provided extra seating and a view.  I wouldn't hesitate to book this category again.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

I think the OP is asking about the CP view cabin which does not have a balcony.  Maybe I am misunderstanding. 

Thanks -

In that case it is my understanding,  no.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

Had one on Allure for the 1st time in October. We don't care about the cabin and normally sail interiors but this was only a few dollars more. We enjoyed the extra room and the bench/window was nice even though we barely used them.

No noise issues whatsoever for us.

Posted (edited)

OP, are you asking about the CP cabins they list under interiors? If so, I stayed in one on the Wonder. I could faintly hear the music at night, which was very pleasant. There was no other noise, and I thought it was very quiet. I really enjoyed the window seat.

Edited by crzndeb

Yes, the room has a little more space than the typical interior, and the bench space by the window is lovely.

There usually is not much sound from Central Park, maybe a little bit of the jazz music leaks through at night, but it is a truly nice room.

We stayed in one of the view/window ones on Symphony and really liked it. Noise was really not an issue, and liked the window seat. We really are not balcony users, so the lack of a balcony didn't bother us. We'd book one again. In fact, we had booked on Allure for her post-Amplification TA that was cancelled due to COVID. Maybe late fall 2025 we can try again 🙂 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Mother Mary said:

Avoid the area above Johnny rockets. I made that mistake once. Never again!

Those are Boardwalk cabins. Totally different than Central Park cabins that OP was asking about. I would never choose one of those either.

Edited by crzndeb

4 hours ago, CDLTEL said:

Looking as a option on Symphony. Do you hear noise inside from below over the shops and restaurants?  

Thanks

I usually get cabin # 12595 on about 95 % of all of my Oasis class ships sails.  The primary reasons are-- the bed is by the sliding balcony door, love to see the people sitting and eating at the Parc Cafe and only 2 decks from the pool area and 3 decks from the WJ.  Usually avoid the elevators as these venues are close by.

The only noise that I hear is in the afternoon the music emanating from the pool deck and the evening piano player which usually stops at around 10-11 PM.  

Ps.  My favorite cabins on the Oasis classes.  Also, have to remind myself to close the drapes before entering/exiting my shower.🤣

Posted (edited)

Looking as a option on Symphony. Do you hear noise inside from below over the shops and restaurants?  

Thanks

deleted...

I misread and I commented based on a CP balcony.

Edited by Tree_skier