I did a move up and now possibly regretting it.

smeck

I put a move up bid on the Beyond. I put a bid for a Sky suite and an Aqua sky suite.  I got rewarded with an Aqua Sky Suite.  My regret, the cabin I got was all the way Forward on deck Ten cabin 10100.  I’m worried about being all the way forward,  and possibly the dreaded creaking I’ve been reading about on the boards.  Anyone have any experience all the way forward on the beyond and this cabin. 

• Haha 1

No time for regrets.  What's done is done.  My advice to move up candidates, only submit a bit if you are willing to take the worst (whatever your definition of worst is) cabin in that category. 

We love being forward on the new E class ships.  In fact, 10110 is our favorite room.  We did not have any creaking issues on our Beyond cruises in that room.

The Beyond is a beautiful ship & the retreat amenities are really nice there.  Being forward just puts you a short walk to elevator then quick access to either the pool deck, lounge or lumanie.  Lots of positives to be excited about.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@smeck we like those staterooms that are far forward or that high, no matter the ship or class. We don't mind the extra walking, and we aren't prone to motion sickness. And little to no foot traffic. Enjoy. 🍷

• Like 1

Really not a bad location.    Remember the Iconic, Villas, Royals Suites and Celebrity Suites are mostly full forward.     I was on one and not a bad location except if tendering when they drop anchor.    You definitely get an early morning call.

Obviously, you have not paid attention to the many discussions about move-up bids on this forum. Or you chose to ignore what many have said about their circumstances. An upgrade to a higher category cabin does not necessarily mean an upgrade to a better location. But you knew that, didn't you? Sail with your worries in tow and bring ear plugs. Those dreaded creaking sounds have no preference in ship's location.   

• Like 1

Enjoy, I assume you were not originally in a suite, great upgrade!!

I also have put in a move-up offer for my upcoming sailing, I understand the potential regret.  I'm in a Sunset veranda on Beyond and love aft cabins, I have taken everything into consideration (deck 6 Magic Carpet SS)  I don't think I'd ever pay $10K plus on that, but for a 10 day cruise I'm willing to make some sacrifices to enjoy the Retreat and that includes getting stuck on deck 6 MCSS. 😂

• Like 1

I won my bid from a sunset veranda and received a MC sky suite on 6🤬🤷‍♀️

I will make the most of it, do I have regrets? Kind of…..actually, in my haste to upgrade I never considered one of them. 
im hoping to enjoy the retreat and luminae, although I have been hearing such bad stories of the retreat area being so overcrowded. Keeping fingers crossed.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

I will make the most of it, do I have regrets? Kind of…..actually, in my haste to upgrade I never considered one of them. 
im hoping to enjoy the retreat and luminae, although I have been hearing such bad stories of the retreat area being so overcrowded. Keeping fingers crossed.

First I’ve heard of an overcrowding issue. 

• Thanks 1

It may be too late but you might look an see if there are any rooms in same category that are still open.   They usually let you move a room within same category.   eg.  S2 to S2

Thank you, I did do that actually, not easy there was one on 9 same category I called celebrity to ask, they told me they couldn’t help me I had to email the move up program, I did email them but by time they got back to me there were no more rooms. 
Even my TA called them and they told her the same thing. Not as easy as it use to be.

6 hours ago, gizmodog said:

won my bid from a sunset veranda and received a MC sky suite on 6🤬🤷‍♀️

Actually, these are very nice suites IMO. We toured one on Ascent and loved the size of the room and balcony. We booked one on the Edge for our Alaska cruise in May. 

7 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

I'm in a Sunset veranda on Beyond and love aft cabins, I have taken everything into consideration (deck 6 Magic Carpet SS

If you get a MC suite on deck 6, the upside is that you are close to all the indoor action!  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, gizmodog said:

Let us/me know your thoughts about your move-up from a SS Veranda after your cruise.  Assuming its soon, I depart in March.

Edited by Tyler414

52 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Actually, these are very nice suites IMO. We toured one on Ascent and loved the size of the room and balcony. We booked one on the Edge for our Alaska cruise in May. 

If you get a MC suite on deck 6, the upside is that you are close to all the indoor action!  

I don’t disagree….IMO the best cabins, other than a Suite, is a SS veranda and that’s what I’m currently booked in… IMO the “worst” suite is deck 6 MCSS….and I’m willing to move-up!!

• Like 1

We sailed in 10100 on Ascent a few weeks ago and really had no issues other than making sure our door was closed and pulling on it, sometimes it wouldn’t latch correctly. We didn’t hear any noises or creaking and enjoyed looking in the bridge when officers were walking around. 
You will have a great trip! Enjoy!

• Like 5