Retreat Priority Boarding

Super27

I'm sailing on the Reflection next month and this will be my first time in a Retreat cabin. Can someone explain to me how the priority boarding works? During check-in it still made us select an arrival appointment in the app, but from what I've heard we can show up earlier than that...is that correct? If so, what time should we plan to get to the terminal at Ft. Lauderdale?

Any insight from folks who've done suites before is greatly appreciated...I just want to be sure we maximize our time onboard!

You can ignore the time you chose. When you arrive at the terminal there will be two entrances, one for retreat passengers and one for general passengers so just show your boarding pass and they will lead you to the right line.  It’s hard to predict what time they will open the doors for you but I wouldn’t come any earlier than 1030 or you will Likely be standing outside waiting for them to admit you. After that, you go through security and then you’ll be waiting in the lounge until you are allowed to board the ship.

• Like 1

Even though you pick an arrival time as part of the CheckIn process you can arrive at anytime.    At the door you will see a big banner for Suites and Zenith -   Just identify yourself as a Suite Passenger and you will be directed to the appropriate area.   I would stress sometimes the agents really don't know what they are doing and may direct your to general boarding area.   Just ignore them and follow the Suites signs.

There will normally be a Suites/Zenith Only area - in Terminal 25 there is an upstairs lounge.    You will be processed and permitted to board the ship when boarding begins.

• Like 3

Does anyone know any information on the Retreat boarding area in Rotterdam?  I’ve been on ships leaving Amsterdam, but later this year we will boarding the Sillouette. Familiar with other ports, but this is a new one. 

Our experience in Port Everglades terminal 25 is the doors opened at 11.  The last time there were so many Rereat guests waiting at 11 that getting into the terminal, then up to the Retreat checkin area and on the ship took over a hour.   This time we will go a little later and hopefully avoid the crowd.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Our experience in Port Everglades terminal 25 is the doors opened at 11.  The last time there were so many Rereat guests waiting at 11 that getting into the terminal, then up to the Retreat checkin area and on the ship took over a hour.   This time we will go a little later and hopefully avoid the crowd.

Sounds almost as bad as Sydney last October.

So many people (not only Retreat guests) decided to ignore their allocated boarding times, arriving well before boarding was even scheduled to commence and it was absolute chaos!

Appreciate the comments that confirm what I expected but was not certain of. When we checked in  Ascent, Retreat) on line we were only offered late hour boardings? When we were on Apex out of Athens last year they sent a message offering to board at 9AM which frankly was too early. Not sure why X would restrict Retreat boarding to certain times but seems in keeping with 'general confusion' theme.🤪

Not sure if they restrict times, my email from the concierge says for my sailing coming I can board anytime from 10:30am until I think 2:30pm (app has boarding from 11am).

Maybe the person emailing worded it poorly but pretty much my understanding is the app is just a formality and it's you board when you want within the time period