LIVE from the Celebration 1/14-1/21…

16 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Oh wow what a game! Just made it home. It’s been sleeting the majority of the way. Gotta grab the kids. I’ll post a recap tomorrow. 

Was a good game on both sides. Your boy Mayfield should get a good payday out of his play now. IF your Buc's had not been playing my Lions I would have been rooting for your guys (became a fan from my years living there) but as a lifelong Lions fan I'm super happy that Same Old Lions are gone and this squad plays with some heart and as a team.

Could see that final INT killed Mayfield, I felt bad for him.

• Like 8

Wrap up:

the highlight for me was really the Tribe members. Meeting @Jamman54 @Webecruzen @BohJang @sid_9169 @SenatorsFan @hapytobehr @HeyJut @onlyano @pellanor @pebbles1102 @AmyJA Patti, Jim, all the significant others and so many more was really fantastic. And sailing again with @Roscoe13 and Melania & their friends is always a blast. Cruising with a group is always interesting, but we really found a groove, I thought. Several times, I found myself “making the rounds” to see if anyone was out and about to catch up with them. Other times, since it is still your own vacation, I took some time to myself to work or enjoy moments and things that I like. Teppanyaki was a bright spot with fantastic food and good company from the Tribe. I loved meeting up with everyone at sail away and again, with almost everyone, at a Red Frog on the last afternoon. 
Agnan, Marko, Anna, Lovell, Ely, Harvey (Fun Squad), Sparkles (Punchliners host), and Alex (Fun Squad) are all wonderful crew members. Lee, your cruise director, is a true professional and so fun to experience. Comedy is always a highlight, and it was great catching up with BT and meeting DJ Cooch & Vince Morris. There’s a reason they are rotated through the Excel class. They are top notch. When it says “repeat show”, ignore it. Nothing is “canned”. Everything is off the cuff and hilarious. 

• Like 38
  • Thanks 5

The ship is LARGE with so much you can do. I’ve sailed the Celebration twice now, and there’s still things I haven’t experienced. 
Food: it is hit and miss, with the MDR and buffets, being the low point for me. If you do Excel, just be prepared to pay additional money for better food. That’s sad, but it is what it is. The pizza was fantastic. A step up from last sailing, for sure. Teppanyaki, as I said, was really good. Cuchina was good, and it was included one time for Anytime dining parties. The Seafood Shack was also very good and faster than any other time we’ve had it. If I could redo anything with dining, I’d erase the MDR one night and go to Emeril’s. 
cabins: they are small. The bathroom is small. Basically use it to do what you gotta do and get out in the ship. The Havana area was surprisingly a highlight. Not crowded, pretty peaceful sans karaoke. Like I said, I’ll definitely have to try it out on Vista class for more sun and warmer pool water. I worked a lot from that area and enjoyed every minute. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

I could not agree more with your wrap-up.  It was such a fun time and you and the other Tribe members made it a sensational cruise.  You are so much fun to be with and Mr. Megan is a class act.  Hope we can sail together again sometime.

Thanks for being you!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Overall: It was a much better cruise than the one in September. The other passengers were enjoyable. There were some moments that you just can’t avoid sometimes… Roscoe and I had an encounter with a young “lady” at Alchemy who had been over served. And we saw parts of her body we didn’t need to see as she tried to get more drinks. There were unnecessary messes, especially the last two sea days, everywhere from tossed fries and ketchup in stairways to the ice cream cups discarded in the corners. I chalk that up to just having 6000 people in a contained area. Entitled people are everywhere. Still better than roving gangs of unruly teens. But not by much. 
Thank you all for following along and doing this journey with US! It was truly a pleasure to be around so many people that enjoy cruising the way I do. And I hope I got to everyone’s questions and helped anyone that wanted special information. Going LIVE is fun, but it is a job within itself. I definitely felt as if at times, I wasn’t  LIVE enough. I definitely felt, at times, I wasn’t present enough with the people there. It’s a tight rope, but I really attempt to balance it all. 
Next up, Virgin Voyages Valiant Lady from San Juan with friends and family. For that, I’ll do a recap over on the VV boards. Then, in May, I’ll have a kid cruise on Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas… I’ll go live for that one. Again, thank you all for contributing and going with us. I’ll post some additional pictures as CC lets me. I can’t wait to see it all again through Jamman and Patti’s eyes! 

• Like 64
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BohJang said:

I could not agree more with your wrap-up.  It was such a fun time and you and the other Tribe members made it a sensational cruise.  You are so much fun to be with and Mr. Megan is a class act.  Hope we can sail together again sometime.

Thanks for being you!

😘😘You are a hoot!! So glad we could do this. 

• Like 6

@MeganGC1983...you are a TRUE CLASS ACT.  Though we have never met in person, it comes thru in your writing.

Yes I am old enough to be your mother, but trust me, I feel more like an older sister.  You are what I wanted to be when I was growing up in the era that said "women want it all".  You are a mom, a wife, you have a full time job just in that, but you take the time to also maintain another fulltime job and take care of others and their needs.

I admire that when you can get away on a cruise without the kids you are able to allow yourself to have a good time, yet when you cruise with the kids it is family time.  Life is about balance and you seem to have discovered your own groove!

Wishing you nothing but success in all your endeavors.  Having lived the single life for many many years, it is "easy" compared to the life being in a relationship and trying to balance so much and so many different things.  I applaud you and this LIVE has just been so much fun to read and follow.

Your wrap up states it so well.  Maybe some day we shall meet on a ship.  Hope you have a wonderful VV cruise with friends and family and thank you so much for taking us along on this cruise it was a BLAST even from my RV recliner!   I could not and would not attempt a Live like you did!

Susan

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

The bathroom is small. Basically use it to do what you gotta do and get out in the ship. 

Having been on the Celebration in June, I couldn't agree with that sentence any more.  Could those bathrooms BE any smaller?

You did a great job on the review and answering people's questions.  No need to be apologetic for not being "live enough."  It's a vacation.  I don't even turn my phone (or iPad) on while on a cruise.

p.s.  I STILL laugh about what grandpa wishes he had.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

7 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

Thank you @MeganGC1983 for another great review.  Hopefully Mr Megan is now a fan of Liquid IV.    

Mr Megan only does old school Belushi hangover cures...he crushes empty beer cans on his noggin until the feeling goes away....

• Haha 20

4 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

Having been on the Celebration in June, I couldn't agree with that sentence any more.  Could those bathrooms BE any smaller?

You did a great job on the review and answering people's questions.  No need to be apologetic for not being "live enough."  It's a vacation.  I don't even turn my phone (or iPad) on while on a cruise.

p.s.  I STILL laugh about what grandpa wishes he had.

The shower door upgrade vs curtain is great but I found there to be very little water pressure with the shower head.  Shower head only worked with gravity, if you turned it upside down for rinsing delicate spots the water virtually didn't come out!

I enjoyed the fact that you could multitask while sitting on the toilet with the bathroom door open you could at the same time rearrange the closet across from the bathroom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 27

I’m currently experiencing post cruise body aches, always happens. Mr. Megan has contracted “cruise crud” which I’m sure the harsh weather change didn’t help at all. He’s pretty congested. He’s headed back to work tonight. Washing and repacking because he’ll come back the day before we leave for VV. Only 398 hours til we leave for that. 

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

The shower door upgrade vs curtain is great but I found there to be very little water pressure with the shower head.  Shower head only worked with gravity, if you turned it upside down for rinsing delicate spots the water virtually didn't come out!

I enjoyed the fact that you could multitask while sitting on the toilet with the bathroom door open you could at the same time rearrange the closet across from the bathroom.

And the bed wasn’t comfortable. Last night, I slept so soberly and peacefully in my own bed. Detox has begun. 

• Like 15

I just dry brushed and showered, I’ve had 60 of 72 oz of water for the day, and I feel back to normal. Tomorrow, I’ll be back in the sauna pod and ready to rock again. It usually takes me a little longer to “recover” but I did a great job with the liquid iv this time and I ate considerably less. 2 meals and maybe a snack per day. Very few desserts and I never finished any of them. The chocolatinis were probably the worst thing for me. But they were good. 

• Like 18
  • Haha 4

Megan you are a class act. I love the way you tried to include every one of the Tribe members who were present on the cruise as well as all of us who weren’t able to make it this time. Thanks for your live review. As usual, it was so much fun to follow along. Glad this one went better than your last one on this ship ❤️

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Well I guess I deserve it after googling images for the horse shenanigans yesterday.  Or at the very least, it's self-inflicted - today I have horse supplement ads everywhere I websurf.

Yep, Big Brother sees all - you did that to yourself, lol. If you figure out how to stop it, let us know.🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 3