cruise ends Chioggia, need to get to Venice Mestre train station

susiesan

My Sept. 8 cruise on Pursuit that begins in Fusina ends in Chioggia on Sept. 17. We will be going to Milan by train. I have no information from Azamara after disembarking how to get to Venice, more specifically the train station. Will Azamara bus us back to Terminal Maritime like the y bus us from there to Fusina? If not, are there Ubers that will go to Venice Mestre train station? is there a train or bus from Chioggia that goes to the train station? I will be buying train tickets ahead of time and want to get an idea of what time to buy.

For anyone who disembarked in Chioggia, how didd you get back to Venice?

We booked an Azamara transfer that took us to Tronchetto. There were no taxis available there, so we took the People Mover to Piazzale Roma and took a taxi from there. The taxi driver tried to talk us into walking across the bridge from there to Santa Lucia station but I never would have been able to climb the stairs with my luggage.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, susiesan said:

My Sept. 8 cruise on Pursuit that begins in Fusina ends in Chioggia on Sept. 17. We will be going to Milan by train. I have no information from Azamara after disembarking how to get to Venice, more specifically the train station. Will Azamara bus us back to Terminal Maritime like the y bus us from there to Fusina? If not, are there Ubers that will go to Venice Mestre train station? is there a train or bus from Chioggia that goes to the train station? I will be buying train tickets ahead of time and want to get an idea of what time to buy.

Midway through the cruise you will receive information re transfers to airport or Tronchetto  plus other alternatives and you can use obc to pay for this.  You can also arrange private transfer with many of the online car services.

IMG_0219.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, combine said:

Midway through the cruise you will receive information re transfers to airport or Tronchetto  plus other alternatives and you can use obc to pay for this.  You can also arrange private transfer with many of the online car services.

IMG_0219.png

Any idea of what the cost of the transfer to Tronchetto is per person? I will have a lot of OBC to use.

48 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Any idea of what the cost of the transfer to Tronchetto is per person? I will have a lot of OBC to use.

It is on that form.  USD$26.95 with 2 departure times. 

22 hours ago, combine said:

Having cruised with Az from and back to Chioggia, I would caution not to depend on online car services from there.....you may be OK, but personally I wouldn't do that as such vehicles are in scarce supply there. Our post-cruise Chioggia hotel organised a private transfer for us, and I would definitely endorse GCs above recommendation to have the onboard concierge organise a private transfer.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2024 at 11:11 AM, susiesan said:

Hi Susiesan,

We have to be at the Venezia Mestre Train Station for a 10:10am train.  What time is your train?  Do you want to share a van to the train station? The problem with Tronchetto is that it is a distance to the Venezia Santa Lucia even if using the people-mover.  I booked a van for an 8am departure (can change it to 8:30am).  The total cost is just over 140 euros (though it is not confirmed, still processing).  Are you interested?  

Jim

Someone on TA suggested to take a taxi to Padua and get the train to Milan from there. It's closer to where we disembark. I'm still in Uganda now and will research more when we get home, in a few days. But yes, we'd be happy to share a van with you. I have not purchased train tickets yet, I will do so after final payment and we are definitely going.

Most trains for Milan from Venezia Mestre stops at Padua 11-12 minutes later.  During my research Google Maps shows a longer taxi ride to Padua due to the rush hour.  So, logistically, it is about the same.  Getting a taxi might not be as easy as you think, you will probably have to reserve one and hope he doesn't cancel last minute.  Going through Azamara and Viking forums about Chioggia, there doesn't seem to be too many taxis except for reserved ones. 

Right now, I put you down as sharing my van for 2, so we have a total of 4.   

Also, have a confirmed reservation for the van for 6.  It is unlikely we will go to 6 as luggage always seem to be a problem.  Best to contact me at jameshom1003 @ comcast.net (no spacing).

Have a good time at Uganda!

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 5:43 PM, deadzone1003 said:

Hi Susiesan,

We have to be at the Venezia Mestre Train Station for a 10:10am train.  What time is your train?  Do you want to share a van to the train station? The problem with Tronchetto is that it is a distance to the Venezia Santa Lucia even if using the people-mover.  I booked a van for an 8am departure (can change it to 8:30am).  The total cost is just over 140 euros (though it is not confirmed, still processing).  Are you interested?  

Jim

Jim, 

I have not purchased train tickets yet, I will do so later on. 

Can the van take us to Padua from Chioggia? Would that save time from going back to Santa Lucia station? I am interested in sharing the van with you either place we go to.

I'm working on finding a VRBO apartment in Milan for 4 nights. Where are you staying?

To Padua, it is possible.  However, Google Maps says you have a much greater chance of hitting the rush hour traffic jams in Padua.  It is possible that you could miss your scheduled train.  Going to Venezia Mestre may have just a slowdown in traffic.   The additional cost for leaving from Venezia Mestre is quite minimal.  Check it out yourself for Google Maps, just make sure you depart at 8am on a Tuesday.  The ship appears to be arriving at 7am instead of 6am.  Might be difficult to set an earlier departure. 

My wife and I are going to Innsbruck, then Salzburg, and finally to Munich for Oktoberfest.  We had visit Milan back in 2019 when we traveled to Venice for Carnevale.  

James,

I tried to send you an email but it bounced back as undeliverable. Please contact me direct susiesan8 at gmail.com. Check out my comment on the roll call thread.

Edited by susiesan

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 1/9/2024 at 12:30 PM, wjfan417 said:

We booked an Azamara transfer that took us to Tronchetto. There were no taxis available there, so we took the People Mover to Piazzale Roma and took a taxi from there. The taxi driver tried to talk us into walking across the bridge from there to Santa Lucia station but I never would have been able to climb the stairs with my luggage.

Does Azamara still offer the transfers onboard?  

Edited by laurieb

5 hours ago, laurieb said:

Does Azamara still offer the transfers onboard?  

We’re booked on the Journey in June 2024 for the Greece Intensive Voyage that ends at Chioggia, and we were able to pre-book a transfer from Chioggia to Venice through Azamara “Manage My Reservation”. It costs $26.95 each for my husband and I.

@laurieb I was able to book a transfer to Venice- Tronchetto for my cruise that ends in Chioggia in July. I did it in “manage my reservation “, there is an item titled “transfer requests “. As previous poster stated, I paid $26.95/person.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 6:07 AM, deadzone1003 said:

Most trains for Milan from Venezia Mestre stops at Padua 11-12 minutes later.  During my research Google Maps shows a longer taxi ride to Padua due to the rush hour.  So, logistically, it is about the same.  Getting a taxi might not be as easy as you think, you will probably have to reserve one and hope he doesn't cancel last minute.  Going through Azamara and Viking forums about Chioggia, there doesn't seem to be too many taxis except for reserved ones. 

Right now, I put you down as sharing my van for 2, so we have a total of 4.   

Also, have a confirmed reservation for the van for 6.  It is unlikely we will go to 6 as luggage always seem to be a problem.  Best to contact me at jameshom1003 @ comcast.net (no spacing).

Have a good time at Uganda!

Hi there 

We are on the same sailing and also need to get to Mestre to catch a train.  There are 4 of us and are interested to know which company you have your reservation with. TIA