Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

On 1/11/2024 at 12:48 PM, sid_9169 said:

In case you ever decide to visit Georgia, here's a few things to look out for... Yes, lots of crazy stuff goes on here...

Screenshot_20240111-124629~2.png

Just found your post, so I'm playing catch up.  I live on the lake that eats people!  So funny and a little true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Once upon a time, there was this very gluttonous boy. It was me. The end...

Looks like I may have grossly over ordered. There's an entire omelette just on the sandwich...

PXL_20240119_131857880.thumb.jpg.12d7de93085a1cbfe3beeb4169eb3bef.jpg

PXL_20240119_131903881.thumb.jpg.c7d4242470e78cc1cadcea7b51bd5518.jpg

PXL_20240119_131909161.jpg

Looks yummy, enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Morning Mr Jamman... I usually know where I can find you at some point in the day, back at the Tides Bar... 

Yep, that's my afternoon spot! 😁

• Like 7

14 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

From the way way way back, 1986... The "long hair days"... 

img_1_1679493572382.jpg

I swear in this pic you look like Tyler Johnson, who plays Stewart in the Canadian show Letterkenny

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Even though this was dubbed "the Tribe cruise", I guess that it's obvious that I'm merely a Tribe of one... Nothing at all against anyone, and I'm happy to stop and chat here and there, but I'm mostly a loner, and there's not a thing in the World that can change that... Hopefully I'll end up running into some of them today.

As much as I love my family and am grateful for them, I dream of one day doing a solo - totally solo without any of them, and just wandering around places off and onboard for a week or three.  Problem is I would prefer to have the cats along and that's not going to work. 

I am not comfortable in groups either, and I am also a loner at heart. I like quiet spaces much more than loud ones. I can talk - a lot (my inner voice is very fast and active), actually am a fairly accomplished public speaker, but it is all a performance, the role I play on life's stage, the working part of me. It exhausts me and I benefit from long periods alone to recharge.  

This Tribe cruise certainly has been fun to follow - from the two entirely different points of view - but I just wouldn't be able to handle that much social interaction.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

As much as I love my family and am grateful for them, I dream of one day doing a solo - totally solo without any of them, and just wandering around places off and onboard for a week or three.  Problem is I would prefer to have the cats along and that's not going to work. 

I am not comfortable in groups either, and I am also a loner at heart. I like quiet spaces much more than loud ones. I can talk - a lot (my inner voice is very fast and active), actually am a fairly accomplished public speaker, but it is all a performance, the role I play on life's stage, the working part of me. It exhausts me and I benefit from long periods alone to recharge.  

This Tribe cruise certainly has been fun to follow - from the two entirely different points of view - but I just wouldn't be able to handle that much social interaction.

Truthfully, most of the tribe members that are on the cruise aren't posting. That's one thing I love about the tribe; each one is an individual, and each is valued as such. I love your sharing of your thoughts. 💜

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

This shrimp and grits is the second best thing I've eaten all week, behind the roti in St Thomas yesterday... It's OFF THE CHAIN!!! My taste buds are dancing inside my mouth!...

It's a must do for me every cruise on an Excel class ship. I've tried it on brunch menus on non Excel ships and it's not the same... so so good

• Like 7

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Chris averted. It ended up being under a single one of my individual handi wipes on the counter...  What's the saying? It's always in the last place you look.

Sid, of course you know “it’s always in the last place you look,”  because once you found it you stopped looking, right?

Edited by cellfree
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I went up to try and get some sun, but it wasn't happening. Clouds turned to a light sprinkle of rain, and so I went down to the Red Frog Tiki Bar for a couple of Filthy bloody Marys... Ran into Mr Jamman while I was there, and then just sat and "people watched" for a bit, which is always a hoot on Carnival if you know what I mean.

In addition to Wilford Brimley, I've seen two Earnest Hemmingways and a duck dynasty plus an entire lady gang with the hideous large fake eyelashes...

I guess I'm going to go ahead and take a shower and see what happens next... 

• Like 13
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Sid, of course you know “it’s always in the last place you look,”  because once you found it you stopped looking, right?

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here trying to figure out who Chris is... Dang autocorrect...

Screenshot_20240119-102736.png

• Haha 20

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Even though this was dubbed "the Tribe cruise", I guess that it's obvious that I'm merely a Tribe of one... Nothing at all against anyone, and I'm happy to stop and chat here and there, but I'm mostly a loner, and there's not a thing in the World that can change that... Hopefully I'll end up running into some of them today.

I can relate to that, we tend to be loners also and nothing wrong with that. I have people from my Vegas chat group that have been mostly virtual friends for over 10 years.

Every once in a blue moon someone will be in Vegas at the same time and we meet up for a drink or a meal one on one and then say goodbye until the possible next time. That I can handle, I couldn't handle a group

• Like 4

Good luck finding a seat out here anywhere. From just where I'm standing, I can count at least 27 people eating ice cream cones... I guess it's a cruising tradition... 

PXL_20240119_161308592.thumb.jpg.3d1945470e19faf834e0642739751bdc.jpg

PXL_20240119_161312658.jpg

• Like 7

I'm telling you what, you should've seen the amount of junk in this one ladies trunk... It was a lot, believe me. I'm somewhat of an expert on trunk junk.

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 1
  • Haha 26

I guess that one of the best things about vacation is trying to figure out what to eat and drink next... It's 11:32, and my next major decision is "what's for lunch"... I wonder what the guys are having today back at the 'ol salt mine for Free Lunch Friday? 

• Like 15