Stewed Slop

New Adventure of the Seas YouTube video out. The channel's coverage was positive. Including the food. I was struck by how incredibly unappetizing the Windjammer food looked. Including how many stations offered mystery meat stews in various shades of brown. And cheap carbs to pour the concoction over. And same plain veggies day after day, yellowing lettuce. MDR, marginally better. Glad we purchased a 3 meal package.. Having major buyers regret a few months before we sail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I was on AOS two years ago, and there's been talk of food decline so if that's recent my experience isn't helpful.  But two years ago, we were very happy with the food on RC, just like we were happy with the food on Princess and HAL.  We travelled with 6 people.  In the MDR, out of 6 entrees, 1-2 are excellent, 2-3 are good, and 1-2 are not great.  They will happily replace anything that isn't good.   In the buffet, not everything is amazing, but if you keep trying you will find good food.  Usually the ethnic stations and meat carving stations.   We were very happy with the food on RC overall and did not feel we needed specialty restaurants 2 years ago (on NCL we need specialty restaurants).  On Cunard, the free food is really good, but Cunard is a very formal line.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

You base your food rant on a YouTube video???  😄

Wow, I didn’t notice that. I thought this is what they experienced. People really need to stop living through other people and experience it on their own.

like others have said, if I never cruised, and started reading these posts in this forum, I would never cruise ever in my life.

Cruises sounds like a living nightmare when you read about it here.

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 7

47 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Love Windjammer, always skip at least one MDR dinner and have a WJ dinner. 

On the flip side, we occassionally we skip the Windjammer for a night in the MDR, but not often 🙂

We always figure the food onboard is never really that great, so we enjoy a quiet night in the Windjammer with some drinks and then get on with the night. 

• Like 1

Cruising isn't for everyone.  Especially if you are not open to try some international slop that uses cheap rice as the base.  Or if you don't want to walk to different buffet stations to see what other veggies are available.

When you focus on negatives of a largely positive review, interesting.

But at least you know before hand you won't have a good time.  That's a relief.

Edited by alfaeric
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, ALTravelGal said:

New Adventure of the Seas YouTube video out. The channel's coverage was positive. Including the food. I was struck by how incredibly unappetizing the Windjammer food looked. Including how many stations offered mystery meat stews in various shades of brown. And cheap carbs to pour the concoction over. And same plain veggies day after day, yellowing lettuce. MDR, marginally better. Glad we purchased a 3 meal package.. Having major buyers regret a few months before we sail.

That's probably the Indian dishes.... Some people's favorite. Do you not like Indian food or know what it looks like?

Seems like you've talked yourself into having a bad time. 

Edited by Twenty2020

You should cancel.  This is definitely going to be the cruise from hell. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

And cheap carbs to pour the concoction over

Cheap carbs such as rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes? What better carbs are there to serve with stew, that are also more expensive?

• Like 2

When a poster hates ALL the food and describes it ALL in over-the-top disgusting terms, I tend to discount that person's information.  I tend to believe people who like some things and dislike others and those who give details about the various foods.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ALTravelGal said:

You should just cancel and get your money back before it is too late. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ALTravelGal said:

My go to lunch slop from WJ. Almost everyday.

One large dinner plate with a thick layer of French fries.  

One cheeseburger patty and one regular patty laid on top of fries.

Two tongs of grilled onions piled on top.

Off to the carving station to ladle on couple servings of beef gravy.

A trip to the taco section to layer on a heaping pile of cheese. 

Back to the burger station for some fresh onions and a few slices of bacon top off my master piece.   

Back to the table where my exclaims.. you are going to die. 

All done and almost full.

Time to make a choice. A trip to the desert station or some sausage and onions covered in brown slop.

Lunch is over.

Heading to Vintages for a mid afternoon Negroni,  a stop at the ice cream station might come first.

That will hold me over until Chops and the Crispy Berkshire Porkbelly appetizer,  loaded baked potato and Asparagus with the bone in Rib Eye followed with Cheesecake. All enhanced with Voucher Martinis and Negronis.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

You should cancel.  This is definitely going to be the cruise from hell. 

Not only for the OP but I fear for any passengers who might be having a good time around the OP having second guesses about the good time they are having.

🤣

• Like 1