ALL INCLUSIVE

Heimey

Hello all!!

My wife and I are about to book another Celebrity cruise. We were going to book it without the all inclusive option. I have heard on more than one occasion the all inclusive package goes on sale periodically.  As much as 50% off I’ve heard.Is there truth to that??? My wife isn’t much of a drinker so to pay full price for both would be a huge waste of money.

Thanks a lot in advance

Heimey

12 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

The drink package goes on sale, but "some inclusive" is part of the fare.

Hello mahasamatman. 

can you elaborate on some inclusive please? I am a beer drinker only and my wife will have the odd frozen drink.

thanks

heimey

It is no longer all inclusive.

it is a basic drink package and basic WiFi.

You may wish to wait for the features you want to go on sale and buy them separately.

For instance a non alcoholic drink package…..etc.

Just now, doghog said:

The product isn't All Inclusive. It's All Included. Which has changed.

Yes, they removed the TIPS for the crew! Very expensive package now compare to other cruise lines which include much more.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Yes, they removed the TIPS for the crew! Very expensive package now compare to other cruise lines which include much more.

We are grandfathered in for our Edge. IMO, it's a bummer. I liked the program before the AI. Where we got to choose up to four items we wanted. I think it was called Better, Bigger, Best (?). 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, doghog said:

We are grandfathered in for our Edge. IMO, it's a bummer. I liked the program before the AI. Where we got to choose up to four items we wanted. I think it was called Better, Bigger, Best (?). 

Yes, another reduction. However, we will still cruise X and on the Beyond in July B2B.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heimey said:

can you elaborate on some inclusive please? I am a beer drinker only and my wife will have the odd frozen drink.

"Some included" (wording corrected) is a drink package and WiFi paid for as part of the cruise fare. It used to be a much better value when it included gratuities, but really no longer is a value. If you buy the drink package and WiFi separately, it's generally cheaper than the bait-and-switch.

Drink packages only make sense if you are a reasonably heavy drinker. Less than that and it's cheaper to pay for drinks individually.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, doghog said:

Big, Better, Best was a long time ago.  We always chose Best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

That's it. I liked the option of being able to select what worked for us. I guess it would have been the Better. Gratuities, OBC and CBP. Wish Celebrity would bring it back. 

Edited by doghog

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

that was a good approach...cruisers could personalize or pick none!

8 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Without the gratuities included, to me it's worthless.

I agree whole heartedly.  Price is near what it was when tips were included.

Rollie

• Like 2

22 hours ago, doghog said:

I really wasn't correcting you. Just the title to this thread. 

I’m so sorry dog hog for the title of this thread. I didn’t really think it would lead to a teaching moment for yourself. If it bothers u that much, pass over it and move on. Or better yet, just answer the question. I believe what I asked was, do these packages go on sale. You can call it whatever you want. I don’t care, but answer the damn question or move on.

thank you mahasamatman for your clarification. Much appreciated.

heimey

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Heimey said:

I’m so sorry dog hog for the title of this thread. I didn’t really think it would lead to a teaching moment for yourself. If it bothers u that much, pass over it and move on. Or better yet, just answer the question. I believe what I asked was, do these packages go on sale. You can call it whatever you want. I don’t care, but answer the damn question or move on.

thank you mahasamatman for your clarification. Much appreciated.

heimey

Chill out. Teaching moment, no. Clarification and especially for any new posters reading. This mistake has been corrected by others in a lot of different threads ever since Celebrity introduced the AI program. Apparently it bothers you, not me. 🤣 Cheers...

On 1/13/2024 at 1:45 PM, doghog said:

The product isn't All Inclusive. It's All Included. Which has changed.

To be fair, they are adjective and verb form of the very same word.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

To be fair, they are adjective and verb form of the very same word.

Don't care about the grammar lesson. 🙃 To be correct, Celebrity doesn't offer an All Inclusive package. Celebrity offers a  Always Included package. Two different things. 

• Haha 3

Just an FYI, some travel agents, including the one we use, include gratuities and other perks as part of the price. On our next cruise we got the X "free" wi-fi, basic drink package and OBC. From our TA we got  "free" gratuities and another 10% in refundable OBC at less cost than the regular cruise fare from X. 

Edited by mac66

4 hours ago, doghog said:

Don't care about the grammar lesson. 🙃 To be correct, Celebrity doesn't offer an All Inclusive package. Celebrity offers a  Always Included package. Two different things. 

Do they still call it Always? I thought it’s All Included now. Both of which of course are no longer true, but I won’t unpack all that right now 😉

Edited by vjmatty
  • Thanks 1