The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday January 19th, 2024

kazu

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hello to all the Dailyites.

Thank you to Jacqui, Roy, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for your dedication to this thread.

Interesting Days. I don’t think I will brew a potion.  The only thing i brew is tea or coffee.

As for Memory, we are doing the best we can around here.  

Popcorn—I can’t eat it although i love it.

I like the quote.

I think I will skip the wine.  That is definitely above my budget.  No to the drink and the meal as well.  I don’t eat chili or anything very spicy.

I have not been to the port.

Now that all that is out of the way…….

Congratulations are in order for @seagarsmoker.  I wish you all the best in your new job.

@ger_77 I am so sorry that your DH needs surgery and you have to cancel your cruise. I pray that all turns out well and you and DH will soon be cruising again.

@RMLincoln Maureen, Condolences on the passing of your NM friend.

@JazzyV prayers that you get some relief from the pain and discomfort in your leg.

@Vict0riann Ann, sorry that Pat needs surgery for aortic stenosis.

@ottahand7 glad you are reducing the Prednisone.  Hope you will be on the mend soon.

If I missed anyone, I’m sorry.

I heard from the Podiatrist this morning.  I have a neuroma on the sole of my right foot and a smaller one on the left foot.  He doesn’t want to do anything right now since we are leaving for a cruise next week.  He also thinks if I am wearing sandals rather than closed shoes it may ease the discomfort.   If I am still having trouble when I come back he will consider cortisone injections.

So I will go along with that.

Well, it has become apparent that my cleaner is not going to show up here any time soon.  I understand that she is not well, but I need my house clean.  So between yesterday and today I tackled it myself.  I am exhausted.   But it is done.   The only thing left to do is to change the bedsheets, which will be done tomorrow.  

I am debating whether to tell her that I will be looking for another cleaner that is more dependable.  As a matter of fact, if I do that, I will be looking for a crew, that come in and are finished in an hour.  

I am exhausted.  I am too old for this #$%^.  I am sure that i will pay dearly for all the work I did today.  But it is done and now I can concentrate on getting ready for our cruise.  

While we are not supposed to get any snow, we are in for another cold snap this weekend.  I will be happy to get to the Caribbean as soon as I can get there.   

I hope everyone keeps warm and stays safe with this terrible weather.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm glad you know what is the problem with your feet, and that the Podiatrist thinks you can wait until after your cruise to do anything if it's necessary.  I agree with others that it is time to find a new house cleaner(s).  Yours has been pretty unreliable.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I've just heard from my twin that she, her DH and daughter Amy are down with Covid!  They went to Houston a week ago to see DBIL's terminally ill sister and must have caught it there or on the plane.  Her RN DD Megan told her this new strain takes longer to show up.  She felt ill Sunday, her DD Amy felt ill on Tuesday and her DH felt very ill yesterday.  Hoping they are all back to good health soon.  Seems like they've had Covid at least 3 times now over the years.

Maureen, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend passing away suddenly.  Prayers for her family and friends, including you.🙏

Same message to Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser on the loss of her friends who passed this week.  Seems like we get bad news like that way too often these day.  Prayers for their families and friends, too.🙏

I did a double take when I read Elephant Island.  Slightly different location but an interesting island to see too.  😄

Sandi, I'm sorry your twin, DBIL and their DD came down with Covid.  I hope the feel better soon.  Thank you for the condolences on the deaths of my classmates.  One died on Christmas day, but I don't when the other one died.  It was just posted on our face book page about their deaths this week.  A big OOPS! on getting the port of the day wrong.  That's what happens without enough caffeine early in the morning. 😁

30 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good news on Steve’s motorized recliner. Their neighbor was able to pick it up and deliver it to the house. He also installed handrails on the stairs. Relatives have delivered meals for now. Such a blessing.

I'm glad Steve has his motorized recliner, and it was nice of their neighbor to pick it up and deliver it to them, besides installing handrails on the stairs.  I'm also glad the relatives have delivered meals for them.  That will be a big help for his wife.

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Another sunrise from Queen Victoria on that Transatlantic before Crystal Symphony Buenos Aires to Antarctic to Miami.  January 19 was the last sea day before our first US stop in Port Canaveral.

dawn0119.jpg

Roy

Roy, I like your new signature, but hope you can still take short cruises from close to home.  I'm glad we all have good memories of past cruises to look back on.

Lenda

• Like 16

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I've just heard from my twin that she, her DH and daughter Amy are down with Covid!  They went to Houston a week ago to see DBIL's terminally ill sister and must have caught it there or on the plane.  Her RN DD Megan told her this new strain takes longer to show up.  She felt ill Sunday, her DD Amy felt ill on Tuesday and her DH felt very ill yesterday.  Hoping they are all back to good health soon.  Seems like they've had Covid at least 3 times now over the years.

Oh my heavens, Sandi!  3 times with covid 😱 

I hope they can recover quickly and easily 🤞 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

The recruiter just called and it sounds like I will be getting an offer on that job very soon. 🙂 Thanks again to everyone here for the support! 🙂 

ScreenShot2024-01-19at17_06_34.thumb.png.585f7f40d05cac12bebffd0c1be43fa4.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

I just accepted the offer for my new job. 🙂 I start February 5th. 

Thank you everyone for your support!!! 🙂 

I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of your day. 🙂 

Fantastic!!  

ScreenShot2024-01-19at17_06_46.thumb.png.07b941b8c06f5474c230e8004a46da3b.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, highscar said:

Am I the only one not careing for popcorn?    The smell alone makes me avoid theaters.  Just because I did not grow up knowing it existed.  

I'm not a popcorn fan either & I don't like watermelon.

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you.  I got tired of looking at "Upcoming cruises--November 2023" and had to do something.

@seagarsmoker, do I remember that you were thinking this would be a remote work situation?  Perhaps with Starlink that could leave you a bit more flexibility for cruising.

Roy

It is a remote position.  Starlink isn't fast enough for my job, I generally need 500mb to 1gb of speed. That being said, I start with 4 weeks of vacation, so we can continue doing 2 or 3 cruises a year. 😀 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, kazu said:

Oh my heavens, Sandi!  3 times with covid 😱 

I hope they can recover quickly and easily 🤞 

I hope so too.  She told me she picked up a Paxlovid prescription for him.  He's the sickest.  🤞  He has some lung damage from his past workplace.

• Like 11

@ger_77  so sorry that your DH will require a valve replacement ,and that you have had to cancel your booked cruise.  

@Sir PMP  thanks for the photo of the Volendam at Kangaroo Island.  What year was that?

Congratulations to @seagarsmoker  hope that you will be very happy in your new job.

@Cruzin Terri  hope you can quickly hire a new cleaning crew.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

Congratulations!👏👏👏

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

Woo Hoo!!!

Congratulations!

🍾 🥂

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Roy, I like your new signature, but hope you can still take short cruises from close to home.  I'm glad we all have good memories of past cruises to look back on.

Lenda

My issue really is that a solo I'm just not willing to take the chance of being medically disembarked in a foreign port and either I or my niece/nephew being saddled with the consequences.  I found just being hospitalized in Florida hard enough.

Roy

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

17 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

My issue really is that a solo I'm just not willing to take the chance of being medically disembarked in a foreign port and either I or my niece/nephew being saddled with the consequences.  I found just being hospitalized in Florida hard enough.

Roy

That is a thoughtful decision, Roy.  Maybe if someone went with you - separate cabins.  It is a thought, but your niece/nephew are very lucky to have you as their uncle.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, erewhon said:

@ger_77  so sorry that your DH will require a valve replacement ,and that you have had to cancel your booked cruise.  

@Sir PMP  thanks for the photo of the Volendam at Kangaroo Island.  What year was that?

Congratulations to @seagarsmoker  hope that you will be very happy in your new job.

@Cruzin Terri  hope you can quickly hire a new cleaning crew.

• Like 8

Hi Everyone from Samoa! (GV AUS/NZ Cruise)

The horn just blew and we are now on our sailaway. Hot and very rainy here today.  Beautiful Samoa.

Things are going well. Had a great dinner last evening with Dailyites in the Pinnacle. Great group on this cruise. 

Today is Saturday, the 20th, for us. We are on the other side of the equator and the international date line. 

Prayers for all in need, especially those with health issues.

Everyone with the horrible weather please be safe and stay warm! 

Thanks to all contributors. The memes never fail to be funny.

Celebrate your joys...

Take good care everyone. 

Caron

• Like 22

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Maureen, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend passing away suddenly.  Prayers for her family and friends, including you.🙏

Same message to Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser on the loss of her friends who passed this week.  Seems like we get bad news like that way too often these day.  Prayers for their families and friends, too.🙏

Happy birthday and retirement DB Bill!  Have a great time celebrating.🎉

Gerry, I'm very sorry to hear your DH has to have a heart procedure and you will be missing this cruise!  Once he's well I hope you can enjoy a new one with the knowledge his valves are working perfectly.

Your alternate menu looks great.  Probably something I would have picked.  Sorry to see your new signature message but we eventually have to decide what is best for us.  I'm glad you have the wonderful memories and are continuing to be here on Cruise Critic.

Thanks for your photos today!  I like the beach and lighthouse photos a lot.  

I did a double take when I read Elephant Island.  Slightly different location but an interesting island to see too.  😄

Vanessa, I'm really glad you cancelled that appointment today with the snow you're getting.  You wouldn't want to be walking OR driving in it.   Apparently DC is getting some snow today too because the Delta plane DS was scheduled to take this afternoon was very late because of the DC snowstorm.  Therefore his flight to Austin is late getting there this afternoon.  Ren has a game there tomorrow.

You're smart to be weaning yourself off the Prednisone slowly.  I sure wouldn't enjoy the side effects you had this week.  I hope both you and John can enjoy the remainder of your cruise in good health.

Oliver is such a cute little guy!  Love the sweater.  Very sweet of you to take some soup to your friend who is ill.  No one wants to cook when they're sick and that's when you need good nutrition.❤️

Prayers for your DH Ann!  I hope the cardiologist has a good plan and a reasonably open schedule to get this taken care of so you two can enjoy cruising again.  🚢

Wonderful news!   I'm so happy you got the offer and decided to take it.  You need to celebrate tonight!🥂

It's definitely time to find a team to clean your house for you, quickly and as scheduled!  Nothing worse than a worker or contractor who misses their scheduled time over and over.  At least the house is clean now.  I hope you and Jim will have a relaxing, warm cruise!

Sandi I'm so sorry to hear your twin,her husband and Amy their daughter are unwell.

I hope they are feeling well again very quickly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1