LIVE!!! ICON OF THE SEAS INAUGURAL

48 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

I hope you will be able to exit via the outside promenade deck, but I heard several commit that on several occasions that the promenade exit was blocked off.  I personally didn't witness it so don't know if that is accurate but that is what some were saying.  

I would think any viable access OUT of a venue being "blocked off" would be considered a hazard, and f it was/is...it should be reported immediately 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ryanbarckley said:

I haven't seen much written about it yet - how was the Dueling Piano bar?

Fun? Worth going to more than once? Tough to get in to?

Thank you all for all the posts - I get on in one week!

The Dueling Pianos Bar was fun and crowded with people standing outside as well.  It is very much like the Schooner Bar so I’m sure there were many “regulars” in there.  The singers take requests.  Everyone was having a really good time.  Have a great cruise!

IMG_8667.thumb.jpeg.a996c00c42218110a2f12a293ad8f437.jpeg

IMG_8417.thumb.jpeg.0bab8493cd0cb935d78e6c7a267a8c8b.jpeg

IMG_8123.thumb.jpeg.3056ae901a798e19891d856dbac3beda.jpeg

IMG_8624.thumb.jpeg.bc4ca305aa2ca70737ec38b834461482.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

the promenade exit was blocked off. 

I'm in a wheelchair so I don't believe that.  There has to be accomodation made for ADA, that's the law.  Maybe they meant you couldn't ENTER into Zero that way, but exiting should be open.  Now I know there is an ADA elevator, I'm not concerned about it.

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Minor point but I just don't want anyone reading this to think Odyssey has an ice rink. The Seaplex is where the bumper cars are and the floor is also used for other activities.

I think she meant to say Bumper Car/Sports rink,.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ryanbarckley said:

I haven't seen much written about it yet - how was the Dueling Piano bar?

Fun? Worth going to more than once? Tough to get in to?

Thank you all for all the posts - I get on in one week!

I went one afternoon to a "family friendly" show. It was not what I expected.  I thought that both pianist would be playing simultaneously but that was not the case at all. One played a song told jokes then the next song the other one played. They played what was requested.   Just from the comments made to "keep it family friendly" I toke it that at night the jokes etc could have gotten a little "off color". I did not ever go back so hopefully someone else will chime in regarding the night time shows.  They were both talented pianist, just not what I was hoping for.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

I hope you will be able to exit via the outside promenade deck, but I heard several commit that on several occasions that the promenade exit was blocked off.  I personally didn't witness it so don't know if that is accurate but that is what some were saying.  

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I'm in a wheelchair so I don't believe that.  There has to be accomodation made for ADA, that's the law.  Maybe they meant you couldn't ENTER into Zero that way, but exiting should be open.  Now I know there is an ADA elevator, I'm not concerned about it.

After the 1st show they let us out the doors pretty quickly. It was a packed show.

The 2nd show they were not reopening the doors quickly and they redirected me to the elevator.   I waited for one other person to go up.  Not that long.   I don't know if they opened the doors after I left them.

It appeared to me that they want to use the doors for accessibility only.  

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

Both times when I left the Ice show the doors to deck 5 were open and they were exiting people out through those doors as well.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Both times when I left the Ice show the doors to deck 5 were open and they were exiting people out through those doors as well.

I imagine that maybe what the comments I heard were related to people not being able to enter into the area from outside during that time not vise versa 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

I went one afternoon to a "family friendly" show. It was not what I expected.  I thought that both pianist would be playing simultaneously but that was not the case at all. One played a song told jokes then the next song the other one played. They played what was requested.   Just from the comments made to "keep it family friendly" I toke it that at night the jokes etc could have gotten a little "off color". I did not ever go back so hopefully someone else will chime in regarding the night time shows.  They were both talented pianist, just not what I was hoping for.

We went to the dueling pianos two nights and didn’t stay long either time. Like you experienced  we saw one player playing/singing at a time. Maybe we didn’t stay long enough, but it definitely wasn’t what we expected, based on previous experiences at dueling piano bars. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2024 at 11:32 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Specialty dining for this sailing is by invitation only.  Tonight we received an invitation to Chops with my account manager, another account manager from Western Canada and her assistant.

Chops on Icon has the same menu as the rest of the Fleet plus an added selection of Iconic cuts, of course for an upcharge but for our sailing were free.Screenshot_20240123_230542_Royal.thumb.jpg.93a4a5a2eda6e67ab23c68e3b2c304e0.jpg

I stuck with my tradition of shrimp cocktail, forest Mushroom soup and the filet except this time I chose the Iconic Wegu Filet.  Screenshot_20240123_230542_Royal.thumb.jpg.93a4a5a2eda6e67ab23c68e3b2c304e0.jpg

It was the best steak hands down thst I have had on a ship and something that I would even consider paying for on a future sailing.20240123_210217.thumb.jpg.7df9afbb4d3f9fb6ed51e38d253d04e1.jpg

One in our group ordered the 32 Oz tomahawk and left only a bare bone.  A serious case of the meat sweats will surely follow.

20240123_200711.thumb.jpg.ed56f6b91762e3d94519cb5a5aec587d.jpg

20240123_202751.thumb.jpg.ef7ead1367aa24d0d8444de40d1e7446.jpg

Hi.  By any chance did you get a pic of the Chops wine list?  Specifically looking to see if Cakebread Cellars Chardonnay is on it.  Expensive, but not so bad with UDP.  My fav and would rather not bring on board if they still have it.  Thank you.