LIVE!!! ICON OF THE SEAS INAUGURAL

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: . . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

cruisinghawg was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

icon-arrival-miami-banner-larger.thumb.jpg.96cff66555fee83f9cbf9ed67124a5a5.jpg

Come along with our crew of experienced cruisers consisting of @Ozark_Kid, @ReneeFLL with the occasional assist from @Ourusualbeach. Each will bring a different perspective to this new ship, one that we hope will be very entertaining and cover the vast spaces on board that may be hard for one person to do. If there are any others going and would like to contribute PLEASE do so. We aim to cover as much as possible thus starting a week early as one of our members will be on her this Tuesday for the second TA cruise. 

I am sure we will see packed luggage, airports, hotel rooms, video of driving up to the port and sad puppy dog faces as we leave but rest assured we aim to answer your questions in a timely manner. So you can start asking today or posting if you would like to chip in.

So come along and live this with us!!

• Like 36
  • Thanks 9

Looking forward to hearing all about the Icon! 

Quick question - has anyone sailing on the first few cruisers been able to make advance dining reservations with the UDP? We’re on Wonder next month and being able to do so would eliminate the last bit of stress for me when boarding. 

• Like 1

@cruisinghawg

Thanks!  I am so thankful that you got this live review going. Only 7 more days until we will board. This is going to be one ICONIC cruise. 

There will be so much to cover that I am not sure we would cover it all even if we were doing B2B! That is why I am glad that @cruisinghawg is inviting and encouraging others that are cruising with us to join in!  @irishgal432 good to see you will be there too!  

There will be a lot of new about this ship.  One thing I am looking forward to is the new Wizard of Oz show!  

• Like 20

I am interested in seeing all the various pools up close and personal, the Cove, Cloud 17 and Hideaway in particular. Thanks for your time and including us, can't wait!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@cruisinghawg

Thanks!  I am so thankful that you got this live review going. Only 7 more days until we will board. This is going to be one ICONIC cruise. 

There will be so much to cover that I am not sure we would cover it all even if we were doing B2B! That is why I am glad that @cruisinghawg is inviting and encouraging others that are cruising with us to join in!  @irishgal432 good to see you will be there too!  

There will be a lot of new about this ship.  One thing I am looking forward to is the new Wizard of Oz show!  

Icon not wait for this.   Now I have another tab open.

All I can say is you all have your work cut out for you, because……

IMG_6626.jpeg.67f462a282b708a77c7fb691ce5437fc.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

4 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

icon-arrival-miami-banner-larger.thumb.jpg.96cff66555fee83f9cbf9ed67124a5a5.jpg

Come along with our crew of experienced cruisers consisting of @Ozark_Kid, @ReneeFLL with the occasional assist from @Ourusualbeach. Each will bring a different perspective to this new ship, one that we hope will be very entertaining and cover the vast spaces on board that may be hard for one person to do. If there are any others going and would like to contribute PLEASE do so. We aim to cover as much as possible thus starting a week early as one of our members will be on her this Tuesday for the second TA cruise. 

I am sure we will see packed luggage, airports, hotel rooms, video of driving up to the port and sad puppy dog faces as we leave but rest assured we aim to answer your questions in a timely manner. So you can start asking today or posting if you would like to chip in.

So come along and live this with us!!

Definitely following along these great four posters!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'll also be on the 3 day preview sailing starting the 23rd so I will try to post a few pictures from that.  

I have an infinite verandah for the 3 day and then an aft facing large balcony on deck 12 for the Inaugural.

I guess I should start packing soon as I fly out at noon on Monday.

Still hoping I can talk someone into letting me stay on board the night of the 26th instead of having to get a hotel for the one night

• Like 34

35 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I'm looking forward to reading reviews about the Promenade and the WindJammer.  Pics please.

The Promenade is something I am looking forward to seeing.  Based on the videos the Promenade looks wider than Oasis class ships. 

With this being an Inaugural cruise the Windjammer will be one of the first places we will head.  I hear Inaugural cruises usually serves up great seafood on the 1st day in the WJ.  I hope it happens this time!

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'll try to remember to grab pictures of the spread for lunch on day 1.  They go all out.  I feel bad for the people that a;ways avoid the WJ

Please do.bill is adamant he is not going to the WJ, but I dont want to miss out on the good stuff.  May have to encourage him with your pictures.   I saw the compass on Mitch M fb page and it did not look like the flowrider was operating on these first cruises.  Hopw Imissed it

Edited by irishgal432
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Please do.bill is adamant he is not going to the WJ, but I dont want to miss out on the good stuff.  May have to encourage him with your pictures.   I saw the compass on Mitch M fb page and it did not look like the flowrider was operating on these first cruises.  Hopw Imissed it

Leave him behind and send him pictures.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

29 minutes ago, CaribbeanCrushed said:

Will she be in port on the 26th? We are cruising out of port Everglades on the 27th, but would love to drive down if there is a chance to see her. 

Unknown whether she will just drop us off and sail around offshore and return in the morning or whether she will remain berthed for the day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The Promenade is something I am looking forward to seeing.  Based on the videos the Promenade looks wider than Oasis class ships. 

With this being an Inaugural cruise the Windjammer will be one of the first places we will head.  I hear Inaugural cruises usually serves up great seafood on the 1st day in the WJ.  I hope it happens this time!

I am going to be making a direct line to the WJ when we board in hopes of mounds of fresh seafood. Would be wonderful to have a  seafood feast included in the cruise price. 

• Like 8