Questions for our cruise on Enchanted Princess

mali06

Are we able to buy bottled water to be in our cabin when we board?  We are Platinum so do they give us any free bottled water.  I saw something about bottled water being in cabin but it does not say free or cost.  Is the dining room open for lunch on embarkation day?  Are we allowed to drop our carry ons at the cabin before we have lunch?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Platinum does not receive bottled water in the cabin. However, you may order some through room service. It is not free. If you have the Plus or Premium package, then there is no charge.

One dining room is open for lunch on embarkation day.

You may drop off your carry-ons when the cabins are announced that they are open. However, some people "sneak" them into the cabins first.

I don't know about having bottled water in the cabin upon boarding, but I do know a person can purchase bottled water onboard.  No free water that I know of until elite mini-bar or in a suite.  The MDR is usually open for lunch on embarkation day, but only until 1:00 or so.  We have been on Princess cruises in the past when we could drop our carry ons before lunch; but we have also been on Princess cruises when access to all stateroom floors are denied until 1:00.  Will also be on Enchanted in February.

Just now, birdiebill said:

I don't know about having bottled water in the cabin upon boarding, but I do know a person can purchase bottled water onboard.  No free water that I know of until elite mini-bar or in a suite.  The MDR is usually open for lunch on embarkation day, but only until 1:00 or so.  We have been on Princess cruises in the past when we could drop our carry ons before lunch; but we have also been on Princess cruises when access to all stateroom floors are denied until 1:00.  Will also be on Enchanted in February.

Incorrect- Bottles of water are free with the Plus or Premium package.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, birdiebill said:

I don't know about having bottled water in the cabin upon boarding, but I do know a person can purchase bottled water onboard.

That's an expensive  way to purchase water if you're planning on drinking a couple of liters per day.  Better to pre-purchase water through the website at less than $8 for a case of 12 half liters.

Edited by d9704011
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, birdiebill said:

Actually bottles of water are prepaid, not free, with Plus and Platinum.  Nothing is "free".  But I know what you meant.

Good grief! Pardon me for using that word.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

That's an expensive  way to purchase water if you're planning on drinking a couple of liters per day.  Better to pre-purchase water through the website at less than $8 for a case of 12 half liters.

IMHO, I have priced out the package UMPTEEN times on the Princess board. For example:

$5.00 Two bottles of water per day

$30.00 Two glasses of wine

$5.00   Super fancy espresso drink

$16.00 Crew gratuity

$15.00  Internet

$71.00

Therefore, if I want more water or fancy an after-dinner espresso or brandy, I am "covered" and did not irresponsibly spend money on water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nini said:

IMHO, I have priced out the package UMPTEEN times on the Princess board. For example:

$5.00 Two bottles of water per day

$30.00 Two glasses of wine

$5.00   Super fancy espresso drink

$16.00 Crew gratuity

$15.00  Internet

$71.00

Therefore, if I want more water or fancy an after-dinner espresso or brandy, I am "covered" and did not irresponsibly spend money on water.

Thanks.  I was simply commenting on bottled water only.

1 minute ago, d9704011 said:

Thanks.  I was simply commenting on bottled water only.

I realize that bt this breakdown addresses the "expensive" issue you brought up.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mali06 said:

Are we able to buy bottled water to be in our cabin when we board? 

The simple answer is Yes. You can purchase it online in your Personalizer and it will be in your cabin when you board. When it comes to paying for water this is likely your best option. Of course you can take a case of water onboard with you but that is a bit of a hassle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The simple answer is Yes. You can purchase it online in your Personalizer and it will be in your cabin when you board. When it comes to paying for water this is likely your best option. Of course you can take a case of water onboard with you but that is a bit of a hassle.

If you bring water OB, it can’t be in bottles.  Only 12 CANS of water allowed.  Might work if you like flavored water in cans.  Hmmm

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mali06 said:

Are we able to buy bottled water to be in our cabin when we board?  We are Platinum so do they give us any free bottled water.  I saw something about bottled water being in cabin but it does not say free or cost.  Is the dining room open for lunch on embarkation day?  Are we allowed to drop our carry ons at the cabin before we have lunch?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

We pre purchase the 12 pk bottles of water, if we don’t have the beverage package.  They will deliver to your room on embarkation day.

Cruise personalizer

Extras

Beverage packages 

(move all the way down)

Midship (usually) MDR open for lunch 12-130pm.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

Yes, Mali,  you can water ordered to be in your room, possibly waiting there already, on boarding day.

If you do not have a Package, then pull up your booking and click ONBOARD SERVICES..

The water is down at the end of that list.  12 bottles for $7.08

If you are not familiar with the Packages, then that example is a good one, to see if you might come out ahead by adding a package..  ( then no bottled water needs to be pre-ordered )

Yes, one of the dining rooms will be open, LIMITED TIME for lunch.  

There is a current thread here that is all about the latest lunch menu offerings.

If they still have the soufflé, then that is a great way to get your first shuffle of the cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

If you do not have a Package, then pull up your booking and click ONBOARD SERVICES..

The water is down at the end of that list.  12 bottles for $7.08

Do you still see onboard services under cruise personalizer?  Just curious.

They’ve changed the website verbage on the cruise personalizer.

Now you’ll see “bundles”,  “extras” etc. 

I posted #13 for OP to get to the water bottle package. 

• Like 1

I did pull it up real quick to check before I posted that...  and I guess mine still looked more like it has been.

I will go pull it up again!

Yep,  there is the banner across the top when I pull up the bookings, 

SUMMARY   CHECK-IN   EXCURSIONS.  ONBOARD SERVICES   DINING ...

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, d9704011 said:

I did finally find the bottled water to purchase to be in our cabin when we board.  Very weird that it was under packages instead of under beverages!  LOL

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I did pull it up real quick to check before I posted that...  and I guess mine still looked more like it has been.

I will go pull it up again!

Yep,  there is the banner across the top when I pull up the bookings, 

SUMMARY   CHECK-IN   EXCURSIONS.  ONBOARD SERVICES   DINING ...

Consistency!   That’s PCL.
I’m on my phone. You’re probably on the PC/Laptop if you have a banner.
Thanks for checking.  

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Thanks.  I did finally find it and will order it that way.  It's almost all I drink and I need to drink a lot of it.  🙂

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

We pre purchase the 12 pk bottles of water, if we don’t have the beverage package.  They will deliver to your room on embarkation day.

Cruise personalizer

Extras

Beverage packages 

(move all the way down)

Midship (usually) MDR open for lunch 12-130pm.

Thanks for actually listing where to find it.  Odd that it wouldn't be under beverages!  LOL

3 minutes ago, mali06 said:

Thanks for actually listing where to find it.  Odd that it wouldn't be under beverages!  LOL

I know, right.  They keep changing things around and renaming things.