YC Seascape Can you have early coffee by the pool?

Linda W.

What time can you enjoy sitting by the pool early in the morning and have a few cups of coffee?  We are in an inside room and I am a very early riser and would like to sit outside by the pool with a view and enjoy my coffee.  

Yes. When the grill is open you can get a coffee there. I do that every morning. I dont remember what time it opens. If earlier than that your butler can bring you coffee.

Best bet would be to bring a thermal mug with you.  You can either 1) got to "regular" buffet on 15 and get drip coffee, 2) order a pot of room service coffee, or 3) make nespresso in your room.   Topsail lounge opens at 6am which is likely too late for you.    

Was thinking the same thing. We are Sailing on the Seascape for the 1st time in the YC inside cabin. We usually do NCL Haven, but the price of YC inside was to good to pass up. I wake between 5 and 6am so would be nice to sit outside with a coffee while the wife sleeps in a bit. 6am is early enough for me for coffee to be available. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Linda W. said:

What time can you enjoy sitting by the pool early in the morning and have a few cups of coffee?  We are in an inside room and I am a very early riser and would like to sit outside by the pool with a view and enjoy my coffee.  

Call the butler. They can go get it from main kitchen and bring to you.

• Like 1

I'm currently on Seascape in a YC interior room. Top Sail opens at 6am, YC pool bar at 7am. You can get a coffee from either. Or like was suggested earlier make a nespresso in your room and bring it out onto the pool deck. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaveyGK said:

I'm currently on Seascape in a YC interior room. Top Sail opens at 6am, YC pool bar at 7am. You can get a coffee from either. Or like was suggested earlier make a nespresso in your room and bring it out onto the pool deck. 

I’ve never used an espresso.  Guessing it is like a Keurig?  On this topic of the nespresso do they have nespresso hot chocolate?  Guessing no but while I am here in freezing icy weather it sounds really good.

• Like 1

Like a Keurig but makes espresso size. You get unlimited pods so you can fill up to “normal” size. 

I highly recommend bringing a yeti-type coffee cup so you can easily transport to the pool deck. 

I never tried it, but DH was not overly impressed with the coffee machine in the Yacht Club Interior stateroom or the coffee it produced.  We found the farthest forward self-service coffee station in the Marketplace Buffet to be quite convenient from the Yacht Club.  As suggested above, bring your thermal travel mug.  I did not do this, but I was content with the larger coffee mugs in MB and the coffee there was just fine.  That early in the morning there is plenty of seating with a view either in the buffet or in the Jungle Pool Lounge.  But if you walk aft through the buffet there is plenty of outdoor seating overlooking the aft of the ship.  It is a nice time of day to explore the decks of the Gen Pop areas of the ship while all of the night owls sleep the day away.  By then, you can meander back up to Deck 20 where if it is still a moment before 7:00am you will find the bartender at MSC Yacht Club Grill and Bar taking the last drag off his cigarette before he even thinks about pouring you a cup of coffee.

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 1

I am not a fan on the Nespresso machines.  They are very loud so if you don't want to disturb your significant other, I'd recommend against using one while he is sleeping. 

My plan is to go to the Top Sail lounge and ask my Butler to deliver my coffee and Bailey's there, if it's not available from the bar.  

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I am not a fan on the Nespresso machines.  They are very loud so if you don't want to disturb your significant other, I'd recommend against using one while he is sleeping. 

My plan is to go to the Top Sail lounge and ask my Butler to deliver my coffee and Bailey's there, if it's not available from the bar.  

Lol, I will agree they are very loud. We just got off the Norwegian escape in the Haven and when i turned it on around 6am my wife said i was starting the generator lol. 

20 hours ago, DaveyGK said:

I'm currently on Seascape in a YC interior room. Top Sail opens at 6am, YC pool bar at 7am. You can get a coffee from either.

And the Top Sail lounge has nice outdoor seating at the very front of the ship.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 6:59 AM, awatt said:

Yes. When the grill is open you can get a coffee there. I do that every morning. I dont remember what time it opens. If earlier than that your butler can bring you coffee.

An inside cabin comes with a butler ??

• Like 1