Email Encouraging Me to Make Main Dining Room Reservations

MarkWiltonM

We will be on Apex in April and I've read on this board repeatedly that regardless of whether you have scheduled fixed-time dining or "Anytime" dining on your reservations it is now all open seating and you show up wherever (among the four main dining rooms) and whenever you want. I like the open seating concept. However, this morning, I received an email from Celebrity encouraging me to make main dining room reservations. (FYI, we have fixed early seating according to our reservation.) I went online and the only main dining rooms available for reservations were Normandie and Tuscan. I didn't make any reservations yet, but I'm wondering if Celebrity has been sending these email around for a while or it's a new strategy/policy. I'm also wondering if I should go ahead and book one or both of these, even though we do want to try Cypress and Cosmopolitan as well.   

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:I didn't make any reservations yet, but I'm wondering if Celebrity has been sending these email around for a while or it's a new strategy/policy. I'm also wondering if I should go ahead and book one or both of these, even though we do want to try Cypress and Cosmopolitan as well.   

I think they may be a standard email that Celebrity sends around.

• Like 1

Can someone advise me where you book for the main dining rooms please. We have also been allocated 6 pm set dining but have been told that it is open seating. There is no “Reserve now” tab showing under any of the restaurants on our app. I just wondered if we were exempt as we had a set time. We sail in just over 3 weeks on Edge so could the restaurants be booked out?  We haven’t received any emails from Celebrity encouraging us to book either. 

On 1/23/2024 at 4:08 AM, lovedecruise said:

Can someone advise me where you book for the main dining rooms please.

Update: Although I got an email recommending that I make reservations in the main dining rooms, when I go on the website to do this, it says "Reserve" but then when I try to click on our names, it says "Dining time already set." I assume this is because we selected early dining. But we didn't select a particular restaurant. Regardless, we'll just go where we want as walk-ins.  

Edited by MarkWiltonM

Celebrity’s IT is terrible.  The E Class ships seem to be all Anytime dining but still the website will let you pick traditional Early or Late in addition to Anytime.  Thus the website will not let anyone “booked” as Early or Late make a MDR reservation because it already has an assigned time for you.  

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Celebrity’s IT is terrible.  The E Class ships seem to be all Anytime dining but still the website will let you pick traditional Early or Late in addition to Anytime.  Thus the website will not let anyone “booked” as Early or Late make a MDR reservation because it already has an assigned time for you.