The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday January 23rd,

kazu

Today is Measure Your Feet Day, National Handwriting Day (which coincides with Joh, and National Pie Day

My theory is that all of Scottish cuisine is based on a dare. - Mike Myers

Meal Suggestion for today - Spaghetti Lover's Soup
Drink of the Day - Apple Pie
Wine of the Day - Mollydooker Maitre D’ Cabernet Sauvignon 
Destination of the Day - Fujairah, United Arab Emirates

Today in History:
1978 Sweden becomes the first nation in the world to ban aerosol sprays, due to their harmful effect on the earth's ozone layer.
1977 Mini-series "Roots" premieres on ABC

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00 

Koningsdam

Kahului, Maui Island Hawaii 08:00 - 17:00 

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Key West, Florida eta 01-24

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Ocho Rios, Jamaica eta 01-24

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Madryn, Argentina eta 01-24

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour eta 01-24

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Huatulco, La Crucecita, Mexico Riviera eta 01-24

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Panama Canal eta 01-24

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Napier, New Zealand 08:00 - 14:00 

Volendam

At Sea Destination Mystery Island, Aneityum, Vanuatu eta 01-25

Westerdam

Laem Chabang, Bangkok, Thailand - 15:00

• Like 24
  • Thanks 17

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP, gtube

RMLincoln’s DH’s eye surgery today

Cruzin Terri’s issues with surgical wounds; going to Jacksonville today

Passing of Deb (Kindergirl), who enlisted help from CC getting her elderly parents home from AU, when they had to disembark the WC in 2020 

StLouisCruisers’ BIL with Covid, niece and twin improved

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness; trouble walking

All in the path of storms and frigid temperatures

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Cruzin Terri’s DH Jim with memory issues

Tana with pulmonary issues

Atexsix’s Dear Dad now in hospice care

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday DWAliaschief (Sue)!

Happy 70th Birthday smitty34877 (Terry)!

Vmax1700’s DW feeling better

Seagarsmoker getting a new job!

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Norseh2o (Oceania Regatta Jan 25 to Feb 8 )14d NZ Discovery Sydney to Sydney

3 days for Tupper10 (Rotterdam Jan 26 to Feb 4) 9d Southern Caribbean

6 days for 0106 (Oosterdam Jan 29 to Feb 20) - celebrating her birthday on board, 22d SA & Antarctica

7 days for summer slope (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii

7 days for Sharon in AZ (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii

7 days for Quartzsite Cruiser (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii

7 days for Dfish (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii, with Sue

Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to Feb 4, 21d PC Sunfarer & Southern Caribbean Seafarer),Ottahand7 (Eurodam to Feb 24 B2B2B2B2B Caribbean), Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl(Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Cruise), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 19

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

I spent most of yesterday filling in the background documents for my new job and then getting a drug test. Today is "honey do" list to work on...

I hope everyone here has a great day! 

20231104_061550.jpg

• Like 38
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon.

It is stormy and 46°F in North East England.

3 interesting days and quote.

We stopped at Fujaira on our first Emirates cruise on Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the seas.

Not a lot there and we were dropped off at a small shopping centre.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 30

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.  Thanks for the maps.

Cold and snowy (again!).  It's winter.  We have to take Bertie Woofster to the vet for his annual check up.  I think he needs some booster shots.  Hubby will have to blow out the driveway before we can get the car out and drive there.

I don't think I'll measure my feet, although I think they're getting bigger as I get older.  My handwriting is poor.  I like pie day, not sure what Joh is.

Amusing quote.

The meal sounds good for a cold day, looking forward to seeing recipes.  The drink sounds good for Pie Day.  I hope the wine is good too.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a good day.  Stay safe and warm.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Greetings from beautiful Punta Gorda

Warmer today as temps will be in the mid 70s with 80s coming up for 5 straight days starting tomorrow 

Not sure about the quote as I’m pretty sure that I’ve never had a Scottish meal

Never had spaghetti soup though there are great soups that have some forms of pasta, pasta fagiole being one of my favorites

No need to measure my feet, however they’re large for my height

Handwriting or cursive isn’t taught in schools anymore, how do younger people sign their name on documents

Pies are great, DW happened to make a pumpkin pie yesterday

Have a great day and stay well

• Like 30

Apple Pie cocktail:

Ingredients
5 ounces apple cider, *
1.5 ounces fireball whisky
1.5 ounces vanilla vodka
turbinado sugar, optional
Instructions
If you'd like a sugar rimmed glass: Pour a thin layer of turbinado sugar into a shallow bowl. Run a lemon or apple wedge to around the rim of your glass (or use a bit of apple cider) and dip into sugar to coat. Fill glass with ice and set aside.
In a cocktail shaker, combine apple cider, fireball, and vodka. Shake to combine.
Pour into prepared glass and serve immediately.

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 6.43.03 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 12

Good morning friends!  Some light rain has begun and will last for a little while.  Temp is 42F, high will be about 54 and mostly cloudy.  Rain comes back into the forecast tonight and we will see a lot of precipitation the remainder of this week.  Bah!

Thanks to Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for helping Rich out with the Fleet Report and Daily and the all important maps.  Interesting days what with measuring our feet, celebrating our handwriting and appreciating pie.  Actually I am going to make a chocolate pie today and didn't even know about it being National Pie Day.  Quote seems silly to me, the spaghetti lover's soup sounds unique but a cocktail named apple pie is just weird!  No thanks to the cabernet sauvignon wine.  Good days in history.  I just saw Levar Burton on Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates, Jr. on my PBS station last week.  It's amazing what they can find out about someone's past.  Things you just cannot believe sometimes.  Thanks to the ladies, Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for the reporting today.  

Prayers were said this a.m. as I walked my 2.5 miles for my dear family and friends in need of them.  Plus those at war with hostages held and the troops there to help them.  Many prayers this morning for everyone here with problems needing attention, especially Richard and Maureen @RMLincoln and Terri @Cruzin Terri.  I hope your procedure Richard goes amazingly and your check on the leg wound issues go smoothly Terri, as well as your travels to get there and back.  Healing wishes to you both. Good luck to Roy @rafinmd today at his appointment.   A salute to all celebrating happy events like Sue @DWAliaschief and Terry @smitty34877 celebrating birthdays 🎂🎉 and the many cruising or getting ready to cruise.  Anticipation is the best, but getting there can be a downer.  Take care all of you.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your help with the lists, and I hope you enjoyed a better night's sleep.

The port today is Fujairah, United Arab Emirates.  This was the port on Nov. 15, 2021 and Aug. 24, 2022.  I have not been there (only Dubai).  Here are the links for your convenience in retrieving your photos.  Thank you in advance!

I hope everyone here has a very special day, staying safe and keeping well. 

Edited by StLouisCruisers
replaced duplicate map with correct one
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good morning. It is going to be a day of snow,sleet and rain today. 
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes @puppycanducruise, @rafinmd, @JazzyV and @grapau27!

A very Happy Birthday to Sue @DWAliaschief!

In spite of the early hour I have received several phone calls and other birthday wishes. Everyone knows we are up early here. I plan to do as little as possible today and will be treated to a special take out meal later.

Tana has had a difficult two days but we hope she is turning the corner now. I was grateful to have extra help yesterday when her good friend, a nurse as well, came for a few hours.

@Cruzin Terri, I was so sorry to read about your need for another trip to Jacksonville. I hope all goes well today.

@RMLincoln Prayers for both of you today. I am glad you missed the icy mix coming down today. Take care of yourself as well.

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, I am so glad you were able to help the neighbor with the damaged mail box. We look out for each other on this street as well. 

@marshhawk, ok where is the blue bubble, I enjoyed your descriptions of Rome. I like the gnomes too. I look forward to more!

Thanks to all for the Daily

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful blue sky day with temps in 70’s. It was a perfect evening for dining outdoors. They set up white linen tables around the pool and served a set meal with a choice of beef or fish. Great meal, perfect service. The crew is a perfectly in sync team that love their job. 
Yesterday more lectures from naturalist and oceanographer and just enjoying a beautiful day. Seeing Easter Island because of its ties to Chile we remain on Eastern time. That will start to change after our two day visit.

We endured watching the magician and called it an evening.

Taking my beloved birthday gal to Aqualina tonight. So far clothes are still fitting. Those daily walks and exercise are helping.

We have had wonderful camaraderie with fellow guest who are well traveled with interesting backgrounds.

Looking forward to our last sea day before Easter Island. We have traveled well over 4,000 nautical miles since leaving Port Everglades and many more to come.

Thanks for the report and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.cfaf5da1b5060052eb376efbcbd4de02.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e48ee3f0ae25b6da6ea7c86bf601276e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3f00984a5d021cf0a2fd3ed2f8c38298.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.59e3f264fe9e0a834365d391af40ac91.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.76d7eabcd877cc99d2eeba97dd2c0857.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.704c902447ffaa9a02c21417f70ab7e0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.66a680dd7230d3fed76e23c23480c524.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7c5bc096283bdeeb2811ce8eea5845e4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b9a290bff9692cb139d0898f4cee75eb.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is going to be a day of snow,sleet and rain today. 
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes @puppycanducruise, @rafinmd, @JazzyV and @grapau27!

A very Happy Birthday to Sue @DWAliaschief!

In spite of the early hour I have received several phone calls and other birthday wishes. Everyone knows we are up early here. I plan to do as little as possible today and will be treated to a special take out meal later.

Tana has had a difficult two days but we hope she is turning the corner now. I was grateful to have extra help yesterday when her good friend, a nurse as well, came for a few hours.

@Cruzin Terri, I was so sorry to read about your need for another trip to Jacksonville. I hope all goes well today.

@RMLincoln Prayers for both of you today. I am glad you missed the icy mix coming down today. Take care of yourself as well.

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, I am so glad you were able to help the neighbor with the damaged mail box. We look out for each other on this street as well. 

@marshhawk, ok where is the blue bubble, I enjoyed your descriptions of Rome. I like the gnomes too. I look forward to more!

Thanks to all for the Daily

Terri I'm sorry to hear Tana has had a rough couple of days but it's very good to hear she is feeling a bit better now.  Thank God for the help you receive especially when things go wrong.  I hope you have a relaxing day and night off from cooking.  Congrats on the start of your new decade!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good Tuesday morning. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Chilly this morning but should make it up to 40. No clients today, just lots of grading of assignments. Visit to the chiropractor today. Not a terribly exciting day. Just waiting for all of this snow to melt. I am over winter. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.a4360ea5c73305d315cfb7ae67497788.png

• Like 27
  • Haha 6

Happy Tuesday all.  thanks to Rich, Roy, Ann, Debbie, Dixie & Vanessa for your dedication.

Interesting collection of days.  I think my handwriting is still decent but not as nice as it used to be.  Sorry, I don’t know what Joh day is - tried googling as I thought it was a typo but got nowhere. 😔 Seems appropriate our drink of the day is a pie cocktail. 😉. Not sure about the Myers’s quote.  I’ve enjoyed some Scottish food.

IMG_1995.jpeg.a804b227d7f21af54e040cce5cfd8edb.jpeg

Thinking of @Cruzin Terri & @RMLincoln as they undergo their procedures today 🙏 

One slew of errands to do today - I’ve postponed some with the cold and aches from it.  this morning will be the warmest morning available before the temps plummet all day so I will just have to bite the bullet and do them.

IMG_1994.thumb.jpeg.6ba41c16280d4807bf6a65f2e4745592.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health issues, worries & those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1992.thumb.jpeg.a4e9ddacf1808605054a67d81a25b3c0.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! Rich, thank you for leaving us in great hands! Roy, thank you for our maps! It was already 62 with a very light breeze when Bindi & I headed out this morning. I am happy that whoever borrowed Florida this past weekend returned it!

Or maybe I was driving all wrong in Winter weather. Who knew I should do it with cake. 🤔

IMG_2465.jpeg.564a22cec7a9997c7baca6eb33904e6b.jpeg

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us. I sure hope the folk you will be seeing can eliminate the pain and let you get a great night’s sleep. 

Gym, Bindi walks, lunch with friends at the new beach restaurant that is doing a soft opening to test out their menu and then chores and more Bindi walks. 

IMG_2461.jpeg.e360ddf307b0ac185aa9aedcc9742c92.jpeg

Camouflage 

IMG_2462.jpeg.70387a5227ae9ed29754637e1a347171.jpeg

IMG_2455.jpeg.be225c565f70e2fdf78f222ff388b2d1.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those suffering from pain and debilitating conditions. Those grieving the loss of a loved one. The caregivers. And those in a funk. @Cruzin Terri Terri, hope the folk at Mayo can help. I understand your issue with medical care up where you live. Here it is Advent Health. But they are ok for ordinary care. Give them something unusual and they are stymied. So we go to the same Mayo Clinic that you do. 

Thinking of you & Tana, Terry. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Mollydooker Maitre D’ Cabernet Sauvignon 2021

I used the 2021 vintage info since that is the most distributors have in stock. This Australian Cab, is easy to find and has lots of fans.  If you are trying to keep to wines with lower alcohol content, you probably should steer clear of this one. Love the name. Online prices start at $27.98.

Winemaker’s notes

The Maitre D’ was named after Sparky, who put himself through winemaking college as a left handed waiter.

A deep blend of red and purple colours and abundant aromas introduces us perfectly to this beautiful Cabernet. Rich and complex in flavour, notes of cherry and blackberry transition to mixed herbs, bramble and mocha, complemented by a delicious dimension of sweet fruit. Soft smooth on the palate, the 2021 Maitre D’ balances flavour and structure perfectly.

TECHNICAL NOTES:

The grapes were grown on the Coppermine Road, Long Gully Road, Ryan Road, and Gateway vineyards in McLaren Vale, and the Joppich vineyard in Langhorne Creek. Barrel fermented and matured in 88% American and 12% French oak, using 33%, new 30% one year old and 37% two year old barrels. The required Marquis Fruit Weight™ for the Lefty Series is 65% – 75%. The Actual Fruit Weight for 2021 The Maitre D’ is 67%. Alcohol: 15.5%

Wine Spectator 90

• Like 19
  • Thanks 13
  • Haha 3