The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday January 23rd,

kazu

Today's sunrise is from the 2020 Crystal World Cruise.  On January 23 Crystal Serenity was headed west before being diverted to Cabo for a medical disembarkation:

dawn0123.jpg

Roy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

30 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Well some really good news. My nephew ( who is also my Godson) and his wife welcomed a beautiful baby boy this AM. She was having a problem pregnancy and had trouble with their first delivery.  So we were all very concerned.  She was sent to Beth Israel in Boston and delivered a  10 pound, 10oz boy.  Yes that is not a typo! 

His name is Ryan Charles. Charles is after my late brother . This would be his first Grandson. Cant post pictures until I have permission. He looks like he is ready to join the Team!

Charlene, congratulations to the parents and the rest of the family on the successful delivery of Ryan Charles.  My first thought at reading his weight was OUCH!

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

But the best part is that the wounds are healing well.  The whole problem with the itchiness and redness was an allergic reaction to the adhesive on the BandAids i was using.  

The nurse gave me the ones that are used at the Mayo, which are very gentle and will not cause the same reaction,.  They also want me to do vinegar compressions to promote healing three times a day.

Hmm, that has me thinking.  After my surgery in May I developed a rash on my left shoulder near where they had attached one of those square things they use to hook you up to monitors and things.  I used some cortisone cream on it and it cleared up.  After my surgery a few weeks ago I found one of those adhesive pads on my left shoulder and sure enough, a rash.  It was really angry but the same cortisone cream cleared it up.  Could just my left shoulder be allergic to the adhesive?  It seems so strange.

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

Well some really good news. My nephew ( who is also my Godson) and his wife welcomed a beautiful baby boy this AM. She was having a problem pregnancy and had trouble with their first delivery.  So we were all very concerned.  She was sent to Beth Israel in Boston and delivered a  10 pound, 10oz boy.  Yes that is not a typo! 

His name is Ryan Charles. Charles is after my late brother . This would be his first Grandson. Cant post pictures until I have permission. He looks like he is ready to join the Team!

Welcome to world, Ryan Charles.  You must be so excited!

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

@Cruzin Terri SO proud of you for realizing something was wrong, getting pictures, getting an appt AND getting yourself there and back!  You deserve dinner for sure!  Trusting the new bandaging will improve the situation. And you can enjoy your cruise!  

We got back to hotel ok but I hit a curb in the very tight parking garage, ugh. They have median curbs on the curved ramp.  Hope the tire is still round in the morning🤞

I heated up food for DH and me, then he slept. I checked out the hotel happy hour- not much to eat but I gladly accepted a gin and tonic!  
When DH is ready I’ll heat up something to eat for tonight, then a start to packing for the morning. I’m glad his appt is after 10:00 tomorrow, not as much of a rush!  Hoping we can be on the road by noon. Will have to stop for gas but I’ll need a break. If today’s forecast holds, the rain may not start till after we’re home!  🤞

Thanks all!  

@Seasick Sailor Sad to hear Ron’s situation is so complex!  And sure sounding. We’re grateful for his service!  Prayers for a better path!  

@smitty34877 nice to know you’ve had a lovely birthday!  Lots of love around you!  

Maureen 

I'm glad all is going well.  I hope tomorrow's trip home is uneventful and boring.  That is how you want it to be.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good evening. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @kazu and @richwmn.

I remember as a kid using that metal contraption to measure my feet. I was often told I had good handwriting; my teacher DM had perfect Palmer method handwriting. But I mainly print nowadays. I haven't had my favorite key lime pie in a while. Maybe on the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to UAE. Go Sweden, and I remember watching Roots.

It's currently 42F and sprinkling rain. Freezing rain had been forecast for this AM when it was below freezing, but luckily it went north of us. I had a bad night, sleeping only about 1.5 hours. Then after posting the Cares List, I stayed in bed and woke up at 9:30 after another 1.5 hours of sleep. I was getting dressed, when the contractor called to see if he could bring the floor refinishing person by. Then it was off to PT, followed by a visit to the clinic about my leg swelling. Of course I was done just as rush hour was in full force on the interstate. I didn't hear from the interventional radiologist, so I'll wait until midday tomorrow, and if still no call, I call the Neurosurgeon's office to let them know.

@DWAliaschief Happy Birthday Sue!

@smitty34877 Happy Birthday Terry! I'm glad you're taking it easy today. I'm sorry to hear Tana has had difficult days, and pray that things improve for her. I'm sure you appreciated when her friend was there for a while. 

@ger_77 I hope the Chiro fixes DH right up and that the cortisone shot helps your shoulder pain.

@MISTER 67 You were already on my list, but thanks for the heads up about your cruise.

@cat shepard Good job with your decoder ring!

@superoma I'm glad your DD made it to work safely.

@marshhawk I hope you get DH's leg pain sorted out, and that Bubbles will heal. Thanks for the Rome photos. 

@Seasick Sailor Prayers for Ron.

@VMax1700 I'm glad your DW felt good enough to go to the hairdresser today. Prayers for good news from the surgical oncologist tomorrow. 

@bennybear Wow on those waves. They're beautiful and hopefully won't do damage. 

@ottahand7 Nice photos.

@RMLincoln Oh my, what a way to start the day. Prayers that DH's surgery is successful. I bought some of the same things (grab tool and step in shoes) in case I end up having back surgery. Let his healing begin! Safe trip home tomorrow.

@Cruzin Terri Quite the trip, doing it all alone. I'm glad you're home safely. Good news on the diagnosis; I had wondered about an allergy to the bandage adhesive. Now you can enjoy your cruise!

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I am sorry you had another bad night.  I hope tomorrow is better.  And I hope you hear from the radiologist early tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 9

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Wow! Welcome aboard Ryan Charles! 10 lbs 10 oz! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good evening. It’s raining again, has been for the past two days on and off. The backyard is soaked. Blue hates it and that’s always a struggle on rainy days. 

It was such a pleasure to see our names on the Celebration List for our cruise @dfish, @summer slope, @Quartzsite Cruiser!  

Happy Birthday to Sue @DWAliaschief and Terry @smitty34877!!  

Have a good evening everyone!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I’m “allergic” to adhesive tape… but not always. 🤷🏻‍♀️ So just in case I’m given paper tape. Most of the time that works but not when it was used for on my face last year after my eye surgery. I thought I was going to peel off my skin! 😳

3 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Welcome to the world Ryan Charles! Congrats to the parents! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Congratulations on the birth of Ryan Charles.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1