Internet Package Question

If my companion and I have two devices total (an iPad each) can we buy the less expensive “two devices for one person” internet package or do we have to purchase the more expensive “one device for each person”?

This is for an upcoming cruise on the Symphony of the Seas.

16 minutes ago, Shawn5 said:

If my companion and I have two devices total (an iPad each) can we buy the less expensive “two devices for one person” internet package or do we have to purchase the more expensive “one device for each person”?

If you don’t need to use internet at the same time you can even buy 1 device for 1 person and switch between devices. 

Technically you are not buying internet for specific devices, but connecting from any devices at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Shawn5 said:

Yes, this is the best way. You will share one login, but both of you can be logged in at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2024 at 6:19 PM, Shawn5 said:

I was wondering this too.

I am going on the Symphony too!  (May 31st-June 7th Bahamas)

Seems way less expensive to do it one person three devices (in my case as three people in our cabin)  Wonder the prices are so different if you can do it this way?

5 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

Seems way less expensive to do it one person three devices (in my case as three people in our cabin)  Wonder the prices are so different if you can do it this way?

Probably because people don't read descriptions.

8 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

There is one use-case where it might make sense to book it the more expensive way, and that would be if you have multiple people that have and want to switch frequently between multiple devices.

If you get 1 person, 4 devices, you have to actively sign off of one device before connecting with a 5th, otherwise it will "randomly" boot one. If it's not the one you wanted booted, that person will need to sign on again (if they are playing a game, that might be bad). 

By doing 4 people with 1 device each, each person can switch to their hearts content without fear of impacting anyone else.

Is it worth the extra cost? I certainly don't think so, but maybe it is to someone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CruiseFamMom said:

If you share a 1 person 1 device plan for 2 phones, will you be able to use the free wifi for the app when not logged in to the paid wifi? 

Yes. If the other person is logged on using the wifi and you just want to send a message to someone who is onboard through Royal's "chat" using the Royal app, you can do that. You do not need internet to send a chat message to someone onboard from the app.

Keep in mind, there is no "free" wifi on your phone when out to sea. They only way to get wifi on your phone out at sea is to purchase Royal's internet package.

12 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Yes. If the other person is logged on using the wifi and you just want to send a message to someone who is onboard through Royal's "chat" using the Royal app, you can do that. You do not need internet to send a chat message to someone onboard from the app.

Keep in mind, there is no "free" wifi on your phone when out to sea. They only way to get wifi on your phone out at sea is to purchase Royal's internet package.

There IS free wifi. Its the ship wifi, to use the app and chat features. There is no free Internet access. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 7:23 PM, RobInMN said:

Yes. Get one 2-Device plan.

Thank you, this is what I was hoping and how I read it, but it is good to have confirmation