Majestic Princess Dining Rooms

STEVENJAN

Which dining rooms are walk in? We don't like having to wait around in the stairway to get into the dining room. It is crowded and uncomfortable. We don't like getting off the elevator into a massive crowd trying to get into the dining room. 

58 minutes ago, STEVENJAN said:

Which dining rooms are walk in? We don't like having to wait around in the stairway to get into the dining room. It is crowded and uncomfortable. We don't like getting off the elevator into a massive crowd trying to get into the dining room. 

Pick a midship MDR.  The Aft MDR could be more crowded, right off the elevator and up the stairs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

All of the MDR's are now "walk-in."  You may have to wait in a line to be seated.

THX, It isn't a "walk in" if you have to go down stairs or take an elevator to go down to the dining room. It is very bothersome to have to wait on the stairs or stairwell. We like to go straight in on that floor to go into the dining room. It is always a wait of course but, it is a bother if you have to wait on the stairs or you can't get out of the elevator because of the crowd. 

Edited by STEVENJAN

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Pick a midship MDR.  The Aft MDR could be more crowded, right off the elevator and up the stairs.

I picked the Allegro but, not sure if it is a straight in walk to the dining. Thx.

14 minutes ago, STEVENJAN said:

I picked the Allegro but, not sure if it is a straight in walk to the dining. Thx.

It's exactly what you said you didn't like.  As PacnGoNow said "pick a mid-ship dining room".

Edited by KreinKrunker
  • Like 1

Also bear in mind that the slots for booking are 20 minutes apart - ie 6pm, 6:20pm, 6:40pm and so on. So getting there half way between those slots means shorter queue. Opting for a share table may get you seated quicker as well. 

We were just on Majestic over the holidays.  As others have said, all of the dining rooms are now walk-in.  It seems that Concerto the most popular and the most difficult to get into during peak hours. They sometimes sent people down the stairs to Symphony if there wasn't room in Concerto.  Allegro seemed the least crowded, possibly because it was difficult to reach walking through the centre of the ship without going up and down stairs.

We did not pre-book dining times, and the only available times on the app were 5:00 and 8:00 nearly every day.  However, we never waited more than about five minutes if we went to dinner between those hours.  Our favourite dining room was Allegro, which always seemed a bit quieter.

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

No, you’ll have stairs and lifts right at the entrance.  It’s AFT.

Here’s the deck plans.

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=MJ

I picked Concerto. Hoping it is good.. We have been on Majestic but, I don't remember the layout. We have been on many cruises since we were on Majestic. It was 2021.  We have been on 10 different ships since then. 

Edited by STEVENJAN
  • Like 1

We will be sailing on the Majestic Princess, departing Rome on April 21, 2025. This will be our 1st cruise on Princess since 2016. We booked Reserve Collection. Does anyone know which restaurant is used for Reserve Collection. I assume they use Concerto. I appreciate your assistance and look forward to sailing on Princess once again. 

To be clear, the DR's are walk-UP.  If you do not have a pre-arranged table, you do not walk-IN.  Only those in Reserve Dining usually walk right in and those who have pre-arranged set table/time with same waiters each night.

5 hours ago, STEVENJAN said:

I picked Concerto. Hoping it is good.. We have been on Majestic but, I don't remember the layout. We have been on many cruises since we were on Majestic. It was 2021.  We have been on 10 different ships since then. 

You'll be very happy with Concerto.  You can't really go wrong with any of the dining rooms on Majestic.

On 1/31/2024 at 7:47 PM, Steelers36 said:

To be clear, the DR's are walk-UP.  If you do not have a pre-arranged table, you do not walk-IN.  Only those in Reserve Dining usually walk right in and those who have pre-arranged set table/time with same waiters each night.

That is true for the first night but we have booked dining for the same time each night and should have an assigned table. After that we will walk to our assigned table. So, our concern is waiting in the corridor or stairway or not being able to get out of the elevator because of the waiting crowd. thx for your input. 

7 hours ago, STEVENJAN said:

That is true for the first night but we have booked dining for the same time each night and should have an assigned table. After that we will walk to our assigned table. So, our concern is waiting in the corridor or stairway or not being able to get out of the elevator because of the waiting crowd. thx for your input. 

You will not have an assigned table unless you make a request to DR Host or DR Mgr and they confirm they can block you in to one.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

You will not have an assigned table unless you make a request to DR Host or DR Mgr and they confirm they can block you in to one.

I went to the Medallion and booked our dining time and location. Private table//6:20 Concerto DR.   Don't know what table but it will be assigned. 

8 minutes ago, STEVENJAN said:

I went to the Medallion and booked our dining time and location. Private table//6:20 Concerto DR.   Don't know what table but it will be assigned. 

What I meant was that simply booking in DMW does not get you the same assigned table location each night of the voyage.

On the Discovery we booked a table for 2 at 6:20 in the same dining room each night prior to the cruise.  We did not verbally request the same table each night.  We never sat at a repeat table and only had a repeat waiter one time.  We had breakfast in the MDR every morning within 15 minutes of it opening.  Again, always at a table for two.  Never a repeat table or waiter.  And never at a table in the sections we sat in at night.  We had no complaints about any of the tables nor any of the waitstaff.  Most breakfasts we would get a window table.  We never did at night.  We expect the same thing to happen on the Majestic.

14 hours ago, HotRoot said:

On the Discovery we booked a table for 2 at 6:20 in the same dining room each night prior to the cruise.  We did not verbally request the same table each night.  We never sat at a repeat table and only had a repeat waiter one time.  We had breakfast in the MDR every morning within 15 minutes of it opening.  Again, always at a table for two.  Never a repeat table or waiter.  And never at a table in the sections we sat in at night.  We had no complaints about any of the tables nor any of the waitstaff.  Most breakfasts we would get a window table.  We never did at night.  We expect the same thing to happen on the Majestic.

We sailed on Royal Princess and had the same table every night. Go figure. Might be different now. IDK. 

19 hours ago, STEVENJAN said:

We sailed on Royal Princess and had the same table every night. Go figure. Might be different now. IDK. 

You can get the same table every night, but let the Head Waiter know that's what you want the first night.

• Thanks 1