The Tribe has Spoken!! Carnival Celebration - 1/14/2024 (with pics)

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

No problem Amy! This is the kind of stuff we love to see. There are so many back stories and we'd love to catch as many as we can! 😃

Trying to be serious here...

If you ever get the chance to sit down with @Jamman54 and his wife Patti and have a drink or two, you'll find two of the nicest and easiest going people you'd ever want to meet!!

They truly are who they seem to be on CC, friendly and approachable too!!

• Like 43
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

If you ever get the chance to sit down with @Jamman54 and his wife Patti and have a drink or two, you'll find two of the nicest and easiest going people you'd ever want to meet!!

I got to talk to them a few times. It was you all that went MIA. Wait...wait....no giving things away Amy! ! ! ! ! 🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Roscoe13 said:

I missed out connecting with them on the Venezia back in Sept/Oct. Has anyone ever cruised with them in late December or are they usually busy?Screenshot2024-02-01120048.png.b3271174c3cd466df9d3931dbe0bddc0.png

Edited by Destiny0315
  • Like 3
  • Haha 21

13 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

I missed out connecting with them on the Venezia back in Sept/Oct. Has anyone ever cruised with them in late December or are they usually busy?Screenshot2024-02-01120048.png.b3271174c3cd466df9d3931dbe0bddc0.png

Hey if we're going to photoshop then turn the milk into a camera and the cookies into a bucket of beers.  Now we're talkin'

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

Aw geez Vic, you're making us blush! We love meeting people and we love cruising. Put them together and magic happens! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 19

9 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

Another question would be when he says HO! HO! HO! is that just code for saying lets go to Hooters? 

Screenshot2024-02-01122150.png.92224dcc8206729cf79c962532b63bc0.png

You're getting closer to cracking the code, but it's really in the subtle hand signals! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Jamman54
  • Haha 11

Definitely agree!! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I definitely agree with this! It was so nice to finally meet this fellow NHL fan and his lovely wife. 😁

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AmyJA said:

I got to talk to them a few times. It was you all that went MIA. Wait...wait....no giving things away Amy! ! ! ! ! 🤪

Or was that me that went missing in the evening...Amy, I said no giveaways!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

I have been told they can't cruise in December due to "work."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 22

8 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

"Yes, hello, Washington Post? I've got a headline for you, Roscoe said something serious!"

First time for everything, eh Roscoe?

The WaPo?

Levity Dies in Darkness...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

Don't sell yourself short Vic...you're a great guy too!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 6

41 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

um okay are you on the ship yet.  I mean this is page 6.  Just wondering

I did the celebration for 'thanksgiving and so wondering how you all will like the ship and really waiting for that to happen 

Getting there. I have another Celebration review from last April in my signature that will answer your questions very quickly. Thanks for reading! :classic_cool:

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

um okay are you on the ship yet.  I mean this is page 6.  Just wondering

I did the celebration for 'thanksgiving and so wondering how you all will like the ship and really waiting for that to happen 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

@Jamman54 so glad to see your after-review has started! Love your reviews and Patti's pics. The bad news is that it makes me even sadder that I had to cancel this one. The good (and much better) news is that reading this makes me feel good. Really hope I can meet you two someday! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

@Jamman54 so glad to see your after-review has started! Love your reviews and Patti's pics. The bad news is that it makes me even sadder that I had to cancel this one. The good (and much better) news is that reading this makes me feel good. Really hope I can meet you two someday! 

Glad to have you aboard! We were so sad that you couldn't make it. Hopefully we'll get to cruise together some day in the near future! :classic_cool:

• Like 6

Day # 1  -  (January 14th)  -  We board the Carnival Celebration! 

It’s cruise day! We were up at 5:30am to get ready for the day. It’s a cloudy 70 degree day with a chance of showers. We repacked our luggage and put the cruise tags on them. We then met up with Pat & Jim for some free Springhill Suites breakfast. Afterwards, Patti grabbed the camera and took these shots of the pool area that she had forgotten to take earlier. We can’t leave without doing that!

IMG_1879-XL.jpg

IMG_1885-XL.jpg

IMG_1886-XL.jpg

IMG_1887-XL.jpg

IMG_1888-XL.jpg

We have a 9:30am to 10am check-in time at the pier, so we checked out of the hotel and met Pat & Jim by our cars at 8:15am. They would be following us down to Miami. And we’re off! This is the way to Miami…….

IMG_1895-XL.jpg

After around twenty minutes of driving we are getting close…..

IMG_1899-XL.jpg

IMG_1903-XL.jpg

IMG_1905-XL.jpg

Before we reach the tunnel, we can see some of the seven ships that are in port today. Here are the Scarlet Lady, Grandeur OTS, Celebration, and Horizon…..

IMG_1910-XL.jpg

IMG_1911-XL.jpg

IMG_1914-XL.jpg

IMG_1912-XL.jpg

IMG_1917-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 23

We are heading through the tunnel to the Port of Miami……

IMG_1920-XL.jpg

Once out the other side, we just follow the signs to the Carnival Celebration at Terminal “F”…..

IMG_1922-XL.jpg

IMG_1923-XL.jpg

We pass the MSC Divina and the Carnival Horizon along the way…..

IMG_1924-XL.jpg

IMG_1926-XL.jpg

Here is our home for the next seven days, the Carnival Celebration…..

IMG_1932-XL.jpg

IMG_1933-XL.jpg

We pull over here to drop off our luggage…..

IMG_1935-XL.jpg

That being done, we have to drive down to Parking Lot “G” to park our cars. That’s the Scarlet Lady down at the end……

IMG_1939-XL.jpg

The Grandeur OTS is docked at Terminal “G”…..

IMG_1943-XL.jpg

We have made it to Parking Lot “G”……

IMG_1942-XL.jpg

To be continued……..

• Like 20

It was 8:50am when we parked our cars. The four of us made the short walk back to Terminal “F”…..

IMG_1946-XL.jpg

IMG_1948-XL.jpg

IMG_1950-XL.jpg

IMG_1951-XL.jpg

IMG_1952-XL.jpg

That’s our line…..

IMG_1954-XL.jpg

It was only 9:10am and they were already letting people into the terminal. We just walked up to the next available check-in station……

IMG_1956-M.jpg

That took a whole two minutes, and they directed us upstairs to the Captain’s Lounge…….

IMG_1957-XL.jpg

IMG_1958-XL.jpg

IMG_1959-XL.jpg

Before entering the Captain’s Lounge we go through the security check. Off course the metal in my knee and hip sets off the alarm. As security was wanding me, Patti took a picture, which is a big no-no. They gave her a slap on the wrist and made her delete that picture from her camera.

To be continued…..

• Like 16
  • Haha 9