Coffee Drinks Delivered to Cabin: Free with Princess Plus?

I'm a relatively new Princess cruiser (only sailed with them once), and it seems a lot has changed since I did!

I'm a bit confused and hoping someone could clarify: are coffee drinks such as flavored lattes, mochas, etc., included in the Princess Plus package? Would these qualify as free room service or Ocean Delivery with the Plus Package?

Does anyone have a menu of the current Princess coffee drinks?

Thank you!

Yes you can order them from the app if you have plus or Premier no extra charge for delivery if you're on standard to use the app for delivery there is a one time charge of 14.95 plus the specialty coffee charge.  I don't have a menu but there is lattes, espresso, capicino, Americano and flavors to add to your coffee you can also add liquor such as Bailey and kaluha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

I found this list from 2023, hope someone else can show a newer one.

image.thumb.jpeg.51416ec88c7b253dbee7fe1e18a82d92.jpeg.4f223eb5aead1632b3707a48b590e6c0.jpeg

It's the same. 

You can customize any drink on the app too, with any milk you like, or any syrup. 

You order on the app to your room, or wherever delivery is available. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sailawaybellaluna said:

I'm a relatively new Princess cruiser (only sailed with them once), and it seems a lot has changed since I did!

I'm a bit confused and hoping someone could clarify: are coffee drinks such as flavored lattes, mochas, etc., included in the Princess Plus package? Would these qualify as free room service or Ocean Delivery with the Plus Package?

Does anyone have a menu of the current Princess coffee drinks?

Thank you!

Yes, delivery is free with the Plus Cruise Package. And, as they're covered by the Plus beverage package, which is part of the Plus Cruise Package - no charge at all to order coffee drinks 24/7 or any alcoholic beverages (under the $15cap), water, etc.  

If you solely have the Plus beverage package, then the drink is covered, but the delivery is not... 

Just of note, the coffees delivered to your room may come from an automatic machine and not from the barista.  I ordered a cappuccino all the time in the past and it had a nice layer of frothed milk on top, the espresso was great.  Now, they come very weak and the milk is completely mixed in .. more like a latte .. a very weak latte, at that.  I honestly think it’s just half milk with regular coffee mixed in.  Plus, they put it in a paper cup, which doesn’t help.  I get it, though .. it’s hard now that ships are mostly all at full capacity.  
Anyway, while you can order them to room delivery for now charge with the packages, it’s so much better to go to the IC for a really good specialty coffee and in a ceramic mug.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Yes, delivery is free with the Plus Cruise Package. And, as they're covered by the Plus beverage package, which is part of the Plus Cruise Package - no charge at all to order coffee drinks 24/7 or any alcoholic beverages (under the $15cap), water, etc.  

If you solely have the Plus beverage package, then the drink is covered, but the delivery is not... 

I don't understand - what is the difference between the plus beverage  & Plus Cruise package?

Whilst on-board Sky last summer I ordered a latte via the app. Never again! When it arrived in the cabin 90 minutes later it was awful. I put through a crew chat and guest services were straight on the phone apologising. 

Ok I could have cancelled the order but wanted to see just how long it would take. From then we picked up from IC as we passed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

I don't understand - what is the difference between the plus beverage  & Plus Cruise package?

The beverage package alone, whether it be the plus or premier package, does not include delivery fees for room service or for using Ocean Now.  
The Plus and Premier ‘fare’ packages, or as noted, ‘cruise’ packages, include the respective beverage packages, crew appreciation (tips), WiFi, deliveries fees, some casual or specialty dining, etc.  

For those (like me) who booked quite a while back when the Plus fare was still $50 per day the delivery is no longer included. It was included when I booked with the Plus fare but Princess changed the rules afterward. If you have booked with the "old" Plus that was $50 per day you no longer get room service, Ocean Now delivery, or free Medallion shipping. All of these were included when I booked but were taken away when Princess decided to raise the price of the Plus package. Thanks, Princess... ☹️

52 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

OK, that's what I thought the difference was. I really don't understand why they offer just the drink package at a higher price than the combined package

with the just the drink package, it is OK if only one person in the cabin orders the package.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coolmama_1 said:

You definitely can order to the room. I had a bit of a learning curve when I ordered the first time. At that time, you could order on the TV. Somehow I ordered 5 coffees! 

And what is wrong with that??? They were small cups I'm sure 🤣 my coffee cup is a 16oz cup, and I'll have two of them a day.....I've cut back 🤣

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

For those (like me) who booked quite a while back when the Plus fare was still $50 per day the delivery is no longer included. It was included when I booked with the Plus fare but Princess changed the rules afterward. If you have booked with the "old" Plus that was $50 per day you no longer get room service, Ocean Now delivery, or free Medallion shipping. All of these were included when I booked but were taken away when Princess decided to raise the price of the Plus package. Thanks, Princess... ☹️

That's actually not the case.

When room service delivery fees and  Ocean Now activation fees were added, it was August 2023, and Princess didn't change the price of the Plus or Premier Cruise Packages at all.  The services were removed for everyone - and added to those who purchased/purchase going forward at the Plus/Premier 60/80 price.  Anyone who'd purchased prior to that change at those prices were grandfathered in with the new changes.

The actual price change was Dec 2022, when Princess added a host of items, including juice bar, exercise classes, desserts, medallion shipping, etc.

You have the option to upgrade to the "new" packages (that have been out for more than a year) if you choose. Same as those who purchased back when it was $40..(and yes, still a very few of those left).. 

There was no price change for the packages when Princess reintroduced room service delivery fees, etc. 

3 hours ago, reedprincess said:

That's actually not the case.

When room service delivery fees and  Ocean Now activation fees were added, it was August 2023, and Princess didn't change the price of the Plus or Premier Cruise Packages at all.  The services were removed for everyone - and added to those who purchased/purchase going forward at the Plus/Premier 60/80 price.  Anyone who'd purchased prior to that change at those prices were grandfathered in with the new changes.

We sail on April 3rd of this year. I booked with Plus August 9, 2022 at a cost of $50/day. I don't get free shipping of the Medallion. I don't get "free" room service nor do I get Ocean Now delivery. I don't seem to have been grandfathered...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We sail on April 3rd of this year. I booked with Plus August 9, 2022 at a cost of $50/day. I don't get free shipping of the Medallion. I don't get "free" room service nor do I get Ocean Now delivery. I don't seem to have been grandfathered...

I never heard of grandfathering either. Just upgrading to the new package (extra $10 pp per day)