Is NCL misrepresenting discount for 10% Future Cruise Credit?

whattodo

NCL has cancelled Getaway Europe sailings. My husband and I each received one 10% FCC. I logged into my NCL to book a similar itinerary on Pearl. I applied the 10% FCC toward the booking but it only reduced my fare 10% but not my husband's fare. 

Am I mistaken to interpret 10% FCC discount is for the stateroom cruise fare? If I am wrong, I will ask NCL to apply his FCC on the same booking. Do you think they will do that or tell me only 1 FCC discount per sailing? I did not finish booking the cruise. Hope to get some advice before proceeding. Thank you. 

@whattodo check your hubby's MyNCL account, they probably credited "his" 10% FCC with the code and if that's the case, you should see that 10% coupon or discount/code shown (underneath any CruiseNext Deposits under his name/account's "home page")   Book the next cruise with it and apply that against the same reservation as yours - if you have difficulty using the code, call & speak to a NCL call center agent and they usually can do it easily & quickly - the savings could be shocking little & minimal, as it is taken off the base fare only ... port taxes, fees & charges are "huge" these days depending on the ship/itinerary.  

I believe the intention is to give each passenger 10% off of their fare,  so yes, it makes sense that they only discounted yours. You need to also apply your husband's FCC to his fare. Otherwise, they'd be giving you 2 discounted cruises.

30 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

l've used the 10% FCC's many times.  They always work great.  10% off my base fare and 10% off DW's base fare.

Did you use one FCC for the stateroom and both of you received 10% discount? Or you used yours and she used hers on same booking to get 10% off 2 people?  

16 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

@whattodo check your hubby's MyNCL account, they probably credited "his" 10% FCC with the code and if that's the case, you should see that 10% coupon or discount/code shown (underneath any CruiseNext Deposits under his name/account's "home page")   Book the next cruise with it and apply that against the same reservation as yours - if you have difficulty using the code, call & speak to a NCL call center agent and they usually can do it easily & quickly - the savings could be shocking little & minimal, as it is taken off the base fare only ... port taxes, fees & charges are "huge" these days depending on the ship/itinerary.  

Hubby also has one 10% FCC but I can't use it while I'm in my account. Sounds like it's normal NCL only gives one person 10% off unless I ask them to apply both FCCs to another sailing. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, whattodo said:

I applied the 10% FCC toward the booking but it only reduced my fare 10% but not my husband's fare. 

This happened to us when we booked through a PCC, so I assume it will also happen on a website booking. I just called our PCC back and she applied the 10% to Mrs. IA's fare as well. No problem, just a glitch in the system. What a shock.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I believe the intention is to give each passenger 10% off of their fare,  so yes, it makes sense that they only discounted yours. You need to also apply your husband's FCC to his fare. Otherwise, they'd be giving you 2 discounted cruises.

LOL, I like 2 discounted cruises. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, whattodo said:

Hubby also has one 10% FCC but I can't use it while I'm in my account. Sounds like it's normal NCL only gives one person 10% off unless I ask them to apply both FCCs to another sailing. Thank you. 

You need to log into your hubby’s account to apply HIS 10% FCC to his fare.

Another thing, you need to make sure your hubby’s latitude number is identical on both the cancelled cruise and new cruise bookings. 

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, whattodo said:

Did you use one FCC for the stateroom and both of you received 10% discount? Or you used yours and she used hers on same booking to get 10% off 2 people?  

When they gave us the 10% FCC for a cancelled cruise, we each received it in our account.  Then, when we applied them, I called and the agent applied both, so each of our base fares were reduced by 10%.  I've always called, as sometimes they didn't even show up in my online account.

I have a question and hope it's not too off topic.  We had fcc applied to a cruise for December.  It's not listed as a payment like Cruise next but as a discounted price of the cruise before taxes.  

If I want to bid on a higher cabin later in the year will they base the offer on the original price of the cruise or on what we paid?

Having been through this awhile ago, MKing has it right.  Discount is off some base fare.  I did a spreadsheet at the time with numerous scenarios even got detailed invoice from TA for affected trip.

Discount was close, but not exact, to lowest discount scenario.

When we booked new trip, just made TA aware and they took care of it.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

If I want to bid on a higher cabin later in the year will they base the offer on the original price of the cruise or on what we paid?

If it is 10% discount FCC, that will be applied to the new base fare.  If it is $$ FCC, that will also be applied to the new base fare.  Both are fully applied.

Example:

Current published base fare = $1000.  I have 10% off FCC and $100 FCC.  My base fare on the invoice will be $800.

New (upgraded cabin) base fare = $2000.  My new base fare will be $1700.

I actually have this happening on a future booking, so this is based on real-life, recent NCL behavior.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

actually have this happening on a future booking, so this is based on real-life, recent NCL behavior.

I find it sad you even need to mention this. I have a dream that all posts are an accurate representation of a true fact.

Oops...just woke up. 🐀

• Haha 1