Discounted shore excursions

Carol28

I know there is a big discount on the day after Thanksgiving.  I'm wondering if there is a major discount near another holiday, like Memorial Day or Easter? Right now my cruises to Australia/New Zealand is offering 5%. I'm hoping for a lot more!

19 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

I know there is a big discount on the day after Thanksgiving.  I'm wondering if there is a major discount near another holiday, like Memorial Day or Easter? Right now my cruises to Australia/New Zealand is offering 5%. I'm hoping for a lot more!

The same is true for my Celebrity Infinity Israel & Egypt  cruise but it's not until 2026. I check the excursions everyday for a price drop. I already got a price drop on the drink package upgrade.

1 hour ago, Carol28 said:

No one knows.  They run them at times but when sales on excursions etc happen is a guess. Maybe presidents weekend, et. 

There are often sales around most U.S. holidays.  Best strategy is to book now prior to all being sold out.    If a sale comes along -  Cancel and immediately book at new rate.   When you cancel using OBC the money goes back in less than 1 minute and chance of loosing it is very small even when an excursion is sold our.   

On one cruise a Huge Sale came up and I cancelled 6 and rebooked.

• Like 1

The flash sales do not always include all sailing.  The best sale I saw for our Australia cruise was in late August, we got 45% off some excursions and 25% of specialty dining.  

None of my other bookings had that type of discount during that sale.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carol28 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Went into our future booking and found some discounts. Excursions are just 5% but laundry bag package was 20% off, dining booking for Le Petit Chef was 10% off, and the behind the scenes ship tour was also discounted. Grabbed all of those as I already knew I was going to book them at some point. 

8 hours ago, Carol28 said:

I know that there was a large Memorial Day sale last year that was pretty good for me. I ended up cancelling several shore excursions and rebooking them under a more favorable price and saving quite a bit of money in the process. 

image.png.2b62f40f4797988da0badf6730a2ed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I know that there was a large Memorial Day sale last year that was pretty good for me. I ended up cancelling several shore excursions and rebooking them under a more favorable price and saving quite a bit of money in the process. 

image.png.2b62f40f4797988da0badf6730a2ed

I think that’s usually equivalent to our late Spring Bank Holiday here: May 27th this year. Please do say if I’m wrong though 😉.

58 minutes ago, villauk said:

I think that’s usually equivalent to our late Spring Bank Holiday here: May 27th this year. Please do say if I’m wrong though 😉.

That’s correct. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mahdnc said:

know that there was a large Memorial Day sale last year

Did you get notification on your email?  RCCL always sends an email, but I'm not sure about Celebrity.

Just now, Carol28 said:

Did you get notification on your email?  RCCL always sends an email, but I'm not sure about Celebrity.

Yes, I received an email alerting me to the sale. 

I get notifications about "flash sales" on my phone from the app.   Items on my particular cruise may not have big discounts on every sale, or the discounts may be on items I am not interested in.   But I always check, and I have saved a lot on excursions, a post-cruise tour-and-hotel package, bottles of wine and water for the cabin, Wi-Fi, and laundry service.  

Sales come and go quickly.   When they say "limited time only", they mean it.  So don't delay if you see a good discount on something you are interested in.  I was able to cancel all my previously booked excursions and rebook at much lower prices during last year's Labor Day sale.  (That's late August/early September for those not in the U.S.)

Usually by the time I get an email, the sale has been going on 1-2 days.  I check this site periodically or randomly check my my booking and I usually see it early.  Occasionally the sale on the second day is better than on the first day or changes slightly during the 1-1.5 weeks the sale is offered.