Valiant Lady LIVE Feb. 10-17, 2024

MeganGC1983

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from MeganGC1983! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

MeganGC1983 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Ahoy sailors and welcome aboard! I’m so excited to escape the “cold” and sail a beautiful southern itinerary. We will be sailing over Super Bowl, Mardi Gras, and Valentine’s Day, what more could you ask for?
This is a group cruise. The immediate group will include about 16. We’ve been planning this since our last VV cruise… on Valiant Lady, January 2024. The last group included 8 people, and we’ve definitely grown by leaps and bounds. I won’t even say exactly how many people I know on this sailing. We are flying into San Juan 2 days early (Thursday), and we are heading over to El Yunque on Friday. Thats a first for me. I’ve been to San Juan a dozen times but we’ve never ventured outside of San Juan proper. Also a first, we are staying at an airbnb. If you’ve never coordinated a big group… that decision was probably the hardest that had to be made. I can’t wait to take my CC family along with my friends and family as we live it up on the high seas. 

IMG_1895.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

• Like 25

When we first booked this sailing, it was sold as the newest VV ship, Brilliant Lady. We couldn’t wait to be on a brand new ship! But Virgin had other plans. Thankfully, we didn’t get cancelled, but a few are still a little bitter that we weren’t on the new ship. Some are upset that they are sailing on the same ship again. Personally, I’ve sailed all three lady ships and I don’t mind a repeat, but I am anxiously awaiting Brilliant Lady’s debut. 
As I said, I’ve sailed all three lady ships. This will be my 24th cruise, 4th on VV. I am status matched, so I will have DBE. I love that BIG laundry bag! If you missed it, we last sailed 3 weeks ago with the Tribe on the Carnival Celebration. I loved being in the Havana area, but I did miss free sushi, ramen, butter chicken and so much that VV offers that Carnival does not… like free internet. 
If you follow me on socials, I’m sure you’ll recognize a few of my fellow travelers. This is truly a family affair with my sister and her husband coming, my dad and his girlfriend and new to VV, an aunt and her boyfriend will join us. Mr. Megan’s brother and fiancée just landed in San Juan for the sailing. Also, several friends are coming along. 
pictures: Valiant Lady in Bimini x 2, Scarlet Lady in Miami, Resilient Lady in Santorini x 2

IMG_0982.jpeg

IMG_1383.jpeg

74B4E207-C28B-4625-BF0D-9A2A9F62C69E.jpeg

IMG_5068.jpeg

IMG_5918.jpeg

• Like 24

With very little turn around time between these cruises, I’ve had a time fitting everything in. Between “momming”… my middle’s birthday and party, dentist appointments, and normal extracurriculars, it’s been a lot. Fortunately, I just have a cocktail and go on. 😆 “Just keep swimming” is the best motto. Mr. Megan actually worked his week off to make up for both cruises. He was mad that neither fell on his weeks off, but he made and makes it happen. And it’s always fun to cruise with my CC friends, life friends and family. I have also worked every day since the return. What can ya do?! 

IMG_1897.jpeg

• Like 13

Just now, MeganGC1983 said:

Wish you were too. We will definitely have a cocktail or two for ya!

Thanks - Does VV have anything with a bubble on it like at Latitudes?  Loved that bubble drink.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Plan of attack: 

San Juan- El Yunque and Old San Juan. Excursion through viator

Tortola: beach day… probably Cane’s Garden Bay

Guadeloupe: it’s Mardi Gras! Checking out town and watching the Lunes Gras parade 

Barbados: headed to the famous Boatyard

St Lucia: Happy Valentine’s Day. Island, land and sea tour with Spencer Ambrose. 
antigua: lobster lunch catamaran and then more beach!! Excursion through viator
I’ve never been to Guadeloupe nor Antigua. So there are firsts for me as well this sailing. The majority of our group has never sailed before. Some of the repeat sailors have only sailed VV. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BohJang said:

Thanks - Does VV have anything with a bubble on it like at Latitudes?  Loved that bubble drink.

I love the Entertainer. It has champagne with it. They also hand out free champagne at several events. It’s your kind of place. 

• Like 2

Just now, MeganGC1983 said:

I love the Entertainer. It has champagne with it. They also hand out free champagne at several events. It’s your kind of place. 

Great - I'll be putting it on the ole bucket list!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

Has your liver even recovered from the Tribe cruise?  

Naturally, I'm following.  It looks like a great itinerary.

Thanks for joining us. 
my liver had a good 7 day detox. We dry brushed. I’ve been eating pretty clean. I’m not a doctor, nor have I played one on tv, but I’d say she’s as good as she’s ever been in my adult life at least. I’m 2 lbs. under what I went on the Tribe cruise at. I plan on gaining at least 7 lbs this cruise, but we shall see. I thought I’d gain at least a pound on the Celebration. The .8 on the scale determined that was a lie. Sorry Maury. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Reporting for duty, Cap'n!  We came very close to a week long land vacation in PR and El Yunque figured prominently in the planning, but alas none of it happened and likely never will. I expect you will find Dora and Boots running around saving cocqui frogs! (Does anyone even remember Dora?)

Have not sailed VV but the kids are now 18 and I have to admit I have liked an awful lot of what I have seen on the boards. Lastly, your itinerary is absolute 🔥, ports we never hear about much less ever make it to ourselves.  

We have completed the safety drill and will see you after early seating dinner.

• Haha 7

Am I packed?! Ish… most of my cruise clothes got washed and put right back into the suitcase. However, I will admit, I wear “different” things on Carnival than I do on Virgin. Some are the same; some are a little edgier. A little more provocative. I’m not normally a big wearer of red because of the hair but you gotta for Scarlet night on Virgin. And I can’t repeat a scarlet night outfit. That would be sacrilegious, right?! So I have a few new dresses. One from Amazon. 2 from Temu. So less than $40 spent on 3 dresses. I am taking two suitcases. Thanks Southwest. Your girl likes options, and my sister is a big fan of dressing up. So there will be separate outfits for We Fancy and Studio 72. Obviously the pj party will be attended as well. Tonight is the night I pack my kids for Meme’s. Big shout out here to the grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, whomever that watch the kids while we sail this ADULTS ONLY cruise line! 

image.jpg

• Like 21

1 minute ago, KmomChicago said:

Reporting for duty, Cap'n!  We came very close to a week long land vacation in PR and El Yunque figured prominently in the planning, but alas none of it happened and likely never will. I expect you will find Dora and Boots running around saving cocqui frogs! (Does anyone even remember Dora?)

Have not sailed VV but the kids are now 18 and I have to admit I have liked an awful lot of what I have seen on the boards. Lastly, your itinerary is absolute 🔥, ports we never hear about much less ever make it to ourselves.  

We have completed the safety drill and will see you after early seating dinner.

Whoop whoop! 
yes, you should definitely give VV a try. I try not to be partial, but it is probably my favorite cruise line right now. On the Celebration, I found myself missing different Virgin things. And yes, I love a good sailing from San Juan… Mr. Megan can’t wait to be back in Barbados. It’s his favorite island he’s been to, and we haven’t been since 2018. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Whoop whoop! 
yes, you should definitely give VV a try. I try not to be partial, but it is probably my favorite cruise line right now. On the Celebration, I found myself missing different Virgin things. And yes, I love a good sailing from San Juan… Mr. Megan can’t wait to be back in Barbados. It’s his favorite island he’s been to, and we haven’t been since 2018. 

This is important info. I am so used to all the same ports - Nassau and Cozumel of course, but really St. Thomas and all the other Mexican ports are not much different, and then of course the private islands are nice in their way.

What is different about places like St. Lucia and Barbados? They just seem fancier or maybe less overdeveloped or something but honestly I have no real clue.

• Like 1

Getting ready to play that fun game of “what needs to be cooked before I cruise”… I think I’ll have fish and broccoli. The kids will have chicken, velveta deluxe (because they’re fancy 🙄😉) and fruit. I didn’t buy much between sailings but I always get fresh fruit and veggies. My son lives on fruit: Blueberries, strawberries, apples, bananas (🤮) and pineapple. They will also have some birthday cake because it needs to go. My middle turns 10 tomorrow and her birthday party was yesterday at Urban Air. I still say Those places and Walmarts need bars. 
Also, it’s almost 5 o’clock in Oklahoma. And almost 7pm in San Juan… I’m thirsty. Cheers yall. BlackBerry white claw for everyone on this Monday. 

image.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 3