Valiant Lady LIVE Feb. 10-17, 2024

MeganGC1983

13 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

One more then I gotta go to bed. I stayed up too late last night watching the new True Detective. I didn’t think I’d like this season with Jodi Foster, but it’s really good. Always leaves me wanting more.

Obviously you can see the back up chargers are getting charged up. I think at this point, I have about 8. Gotta make sure I always have power especially on a cruise. 

Just two more regular days to go! 

image.jpg

I’m watching it too, very addictive! I’m always in anticipation of what’s to come the following week. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sherry84 said:

I’m watching it too, very addictive! I’m always in anticipation of what’s to come the following week. 

Yes! I had a feeling about the sister with the disclaimer at the beginning of episode 4. I need more from the old, hippie lady that found the scientists with help from her dancing, dead lover. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Megan 

What are looking forward to the most on Virgin:

1. The roller-coaster

2. Bumper Cars or 

3. Race Cars

She's already auditioning for Family Nood!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Spencer Ambrose does what you described. Our’s will include that plus a land option visiting waterfalls, the volcano and the mudbathes. 

We did the beach break with Spencer. Power boat down to Jalousie Beach between the Pitons. Lunch and drinks. Spent 5 hours on the beach. I spent every single minute in the water. It was amazing. 

Oh and I’m here for all of this. Get that ship warmed up for us. 2 more weeks of basketball and San Juan here we come. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

This name is familiar.  We zipped in a powerboat down the coast of St Lucia to in between the Pitons where we hung on the beach, snorkeled and then zipped back up in same powerboat.  What's happening on your St Lucia excursion?

We did Spencers Land & Sea tour a few years ago - best tour ever.  This time doing the Jalousie Beach speedboat tour.  Can't wait for this one!  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JandPB said:

We did the beach break with Spencer. Power boat down to Jalousie Beach between the Pitons. Lunch and drinks. Spent 5 hours on the beach. I spent every single minute in the water. It was amazing. 

Oh and I’m here for all of this. Get that ship warmed up for us. 2 more weeks of basketball and San Juan here we come. 

We are doing the Jalousie Beach trip the week of 2/24.   Although we had a sensational time a few years ago on Spencer's Land & Sea tour, we wanted to spend more time at Jalousie.  Love to snorkel there.  I'm wondering how not having any chairs there will work?  One in our small group will need to get out of the sun for awhile.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tbmrt said:

We are doing the Jalousie Beach trip the week of 2/24.   Although we had a sensational time a few years ago on Spencer's Land & Sea tour, we wanted to spend more time at Jalousie.  Love to snorkel there.  I'm wondering how not having any chairs there will work?  One in our small group will need to get out of the sun for awhile.

We had access to chairs but this was probably 10 years ago at least. Our chairs were to the left if you are standing in the water facing the beach. They had a little table set up with rum punch (lethal) and at one point, some lunch. My DH had to remind the captain that we needed to be back to get on the ship. It was a very speedy ride back😱one of our favorite excursions!!

• Like 1

We're looking forward to it - several firsts for us:

- First VV Cruise

- First time to the West Indies

- First time scattering parent's ashes at sea! My parents met when my father was skippering a private yacht cruising the West Indies, and Mum was teaching on Bequia. Can't think of a better place to reunite him with the sea.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yes! I had a feeling about the sister with the disclaimer at the beginning of episode 4. I need more from the old, hippie lady that found the scientists with help from her dancing, dead lover. 

Yes me too 😞 I really like the hippie lady and I agree, I want more from her.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JandPB said:

I will have them ready and waiting for yall!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tbmrt said:

When we did the same tour in 2018, I paid on the beach. Soft sand. Didn’t miss a chair. 

• Like 1

First, I got 8 hours of sleep last night and for a cruise week, that’s excellent. Second, it’s my middle’s 10th birthday today! 
Third, woke up to some sad news. Toby Keith was an amazing guy. He was around OU a lot when I went there and while I worked for ESPN radio. We hung out at several bowl games including New Year’s Eve at the Orange bowl in 2003. RIP. 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

We had access to chairs but this was probably 10 years ago at least. Our chairs were to the left if you are standing in the water facing the beach. They had a little table set up with rum punch (lethal) and at one point, some lunch. My DH had to remind the captain that we needed to be back to get on the ship. It was a very speedy ride back😱one of our favorite excursions!!

They now charge $100 per chair to rent and they are down at the end by the Beach Resort. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Ahoy sailors and welcome aboard! I’m so excited to escape the “cold” and sail a beautiful southern itinerary. We will be sailing over Super Bowl, Mardi Gras, and Valentine’s Day, what more could you ask for?
This is a group cruise. The immediate group will include about 16. We’ve been planning this since our last VV cruise… on Valiant Lady, January 2024. The last group included 8 people, and we’ve definitely grown by leaps and bounds. I won’t even say exactly how many people I know on this sailing. We are flying into San Juan 2 days early (Thursday), and we are heading over to El Yunque on Friday. Thats a first for me. I’ve been to San Juan a dozen times but we’ve never ventured outside of San Juan proper. Also a first, we are staying at an airbnb. If you’ve never coordinated a big group… that decision was probably the hardest that had to be made. I can’t wait to take my CC family along with my friends and family as we live it up on the high seas. 

IMG_1895.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

Here for it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1