Valiant Lady LIVE Feb. 10-17, 2024

MeganGC1983

5 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

This is important info. I am so used to all the same ports - Nassau and Cozumel of course, but really St. Thomas and all the other Mexican ports are not much different, and then of course the private islands are nice in their way.

What is different about places like St. Lucia and Barbados? They just seem fancier or maybe less overdeveloped or something but honestly I have no real clue.

Barbados is powder sand, pink beaches. St. Lucia is mountainous, jungle and volcanic. Just crazy variety and the weather, sans hurricanes, is 80 degrees year round. Gorgeous. Adventurous. Beautiful. Caribbean. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hooray I love seeing the Lives!  I am 96 days away from French Daze & Ibiza Nights .... and after being primarily a Carnival cruiser I do love watching /reading your observations...  

As a super researcher I love this info and appreciate it all! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lesters said:

Hooray I love seeing the Lives!  I am 96 days away from French Daze & Ibiza Nights .... and after being primarily a Carnival cruiser I do love watching /reading your observations...  

As a super researcher I love this info and appreciate it all! 

I’m doing that itinerary for my birthday in August. First time ever cruising on my birthday! Thanks for following along. Hope you have a fantastic cruise in 3 short months. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TravelE said:

I'm here and excited to follow along! If Carnival is the Walmart of the Seas, I feel like Virgin Voyages is the Studio 54 of those same Seas.

My sister and I often wonder why we weren’t born early enough to go to Studio 54… I’ve figured out that if we had… we wouldn’t have made it this far. 😆🕺🏻

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Plan of attack: 

San Juan- El Yunque and Old San Juan. Excursion through viator

Tortola: beach day… probably Cane’s Garden Bay

Guadeloupe: it’s Mardi Gras! Checking out town and watching the Lunes Gras parade 

Barbados: headed to the famous Boatyard

St Lucia: Happy Valentine’s Day. Island, land and sea tour with Spencer Ambrose. 
antigua: lobster lunch catamaran and then more beach!! Excursion through viator
I’ve never been to Guadeloupe nor Antigua. So there are firsts for me as well this sailing. The majority of our group has never sailed before. Some of the repeat sailors have only sailed VV. 

This name is familiar.  We zipped in a powerboat down the coast of St Lucia to in between the Pitons where we hung on the beach, snorkeled and then zipped back up in same powerboat.  What's happening on your St Lucia excursion?

• Like 1

A little bit of background on the Airbnb: I started pricing hotels for San Juan, if you haven’t ever, prepare for sticker shock… like Miami with more tax shock. With so many of us, I thought the Airbnb route would be more budget friendly, but the needs and wants of 6 couples and 2 singles doesn’t always mesh. I wanted something in old San Juan, but anything that had enough beds didn’t have separate rooms. Some had large bunk rooms with 3-5 beds in one general area. That was NOT gonna work. This isn’t summer camp. I’m not sharing a bunk bed with my sister and brother in law. Finally, I found a place with 8 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, a general sitting area, kitchen and what not in the Condado area. Previously, we stayed in the same neighborhood, before our April 2023 Celebrity cruise at Casa Wilson. 
Am I nervous about it? Yes. Am I just rolling with it? Yes. Each room ended up paying $408 for a two night stay. Hopefully it all works out. The reviews are fantastic and it’s ranked the 14th best location in Puerto Rico. 

IMG_1898.jpeg

IMG_1899.jpeg

IMG_1900.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

This name is familiar.  We zipped in a powerboat down the coast of St Lucia to in between the Pitons where we hung on the beach, snorkeled and then zipped back up in same powerboat.  What's happening on your St Lucia excursion?

Spencer Ambrose does what you described. Our’s will include that plus a land option visiting waterfalls, the volcano and the mudbathes. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m doing that itinerary for my birthday in August. First time ever cruising on my birthday! Thanks for following along. Hope you have a fantastic cruise in 3 short months. 

Well I will do my best to post some good info!!!  It won't be at the same level - tried that last summer on the Luminosa.... but will try to capture some highlights!

• Thanks 1