Valiant Lady LIVE Feb. 10-17, 2024

MeganGC1983

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

There’s currently a charter cruise on the Carnival Magic. They have a bunch of bands playing. Due to weather, they all ready altered the itinerary but today, while in Jamaica, the wind blew the ship into the pier. It’s cracked. The ship might have a hole in it. Passengers left on the island. Etc.  

IMG_1921.jpeg

IMG_1920.jpeg

IMG_1919.jpeg

That definitely the "oh crap" button !! More like the holy crap button!!

Hugs from Texas

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Out of all the people going, we did have one passport issue. He’s a Puerto Rican born citizen, but his passport expires in May. As I’m sure you know, your passport has to be good for 6 months from travel. He sent it to be renewed, but last week I got that dreaded text message… (see below). I swiftly jumped into action and actually got approval to sail but he couldn’t disembark in Guadeloupe. Fortunately, he resubmitted the paperwork and it got there. They approved it and it’s set to arrive tomorrow. Fingers crossed. 

IMG_1931.jpeg

IMG_1710.jpeg

• Like 5

Fun night being a mom… Mr. Megan got home from work about 1:30am. About 3am, Colton came in and said his eye hurt. Got up and went into the bathroom, I’ll spare yall the details but it’s definitely a form of conjunctivitis. Gave him eye drops… he’s not a fan, and some Benadryl. I’m hoping it’s allergies, but we will find out in a bit when I take him to the doctor. I always need one more thing to do the day before departure. Gotta notify the pediatrician just in case the girls get it too. She’ll call in more antibiotics or whatever. 
Now, I’m just waiting to check in for flights. YAY Wednesday! 

• Like 15

29 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Checked in and managed to traumatize my son with eye cream. You would literally think I was taking his eye out. 

IMG_1936.jpeg

One of the benefits of status with BA that transfers to other OneWorld partners is that I was able to select our AA seats when I booked months ago. Of course it's also more expensive than SWA, but a direct flight is nice.

• Like 2

Lunch time! I’m pretty thirsty, but it will have to wait. Dentist appointment for the middle and a parent teacher conference on the agenda for the afternoon. We were planning on going to dinner, but Capt. Pink Eye changed all that. Guessing it will be a pizza night. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 11

I know I throw off my algorithms all the time, but I bet my Google history from just this morning alone is insane. I’m worried I’ll take pink eye with me. I’m trying to find all the over the counter, home remedies possible. I’m not sure if my eyes are itchy or if I am just making it up. I really need to change my contacts before this trip, but I’m afraid. This is literally my household’s first time to have this. The girls have never had pink eye. Nasty boys! 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

Did you get the antibiotic drops for your son? Can you ask for an extra for you? 

I think contact are a no-go with conjunctivitis (viral or bacterial). I am sure the stress of this is not helping your immune system!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I know I throw off my algorithms all the time, but I bet my Google history from just this morning alone is insane. I’m worried I’ll take pink eye with me. I’m trying to find all the over the counter, home remedies possible. I’m not sure if my eyes are itchy or if I am just making it up. I really need to change my contacts before this trip, but I’m afraid. This is literally my household’s first time to have this. The girls have never had pink eye. Nasty boys! 😉

Are you sure it's pink eye or just a style?

Big difference 

• Haha 3

Following along!!! 

never been on Virgin but our first cruise ever was a San Juan departure and I want to do it again so bad, I’m pondering trying it out if they continue to sail from SJ! Love the Boatyard in Barbados too! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1